Detroit almost traded #20

Didn't see this anywhere, I apologize if it was, what could have been…

Before drafting North Carolina's Hakeem Nicks with their own pick at No. 29, the Giants had worked out the parameters of a trade with the Lions to move up to the 20th pick, according to someone briefed on the negotiations between the two teams. The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants don't discuss war-room talks publicly, didn't divulge what was being offered to Detroit but said the trade was contingent on Missouri wide receiver Jeremy Maclin's being available for the Giants to select at that spot. The plan was nixed when the Eagles, probably sensing the Lions were shopping their pick, jumped up two spots to No. 19 (by giving the Browns a sixth-round selection) to pick Maclin, whom they hadn't considered a possible target because they didn't expect him to fall that far. It's unclear if Philly knew its division rival was the team getting ready to pounce on Maclin. -- Newark Star-Ledger

Would Pettigrew have lasted? Stupid Eagles.

Idk i really just didn't want him anyway..I wanted a recieving TE on this team we have blocking Te's....seems like Pettigrew is more of a blocker to me not the reciever nelson is..I think Nelson is a better "fit" for this team

Idk i really just didn't want him anyway..I wanted a recieving TE on this team we have blocking Te's....seems like Pettigrew is more of a blocker to me not the reciever nelson is..I think Nelson is a better "fit" for this team

You've GOT to have a TE can do both. It gives an offense so much more flexibility when they don't have to substitute depending on situation. Also gives defenses more to worry about.

GO BILLS!!!

Cost too much for what? I was wondering if he would have lasted until 28.

I read elsewhere that the Bills did investigate moving up for Pettigrew, but "it cost too much," as most teams wanted their second.

You've GOT to have a TE can do both. It gives an offense so much more flexibility when they don't have to substitute depending on situation. Also gives defenses more to worry about.

GO BILLS!!!

before playing games with your TE, you need an offenisve line that does not get manhandled.

based on how they gutted the OL before the draft and what they did, there is no way the Bills would have drafted Pettigrew if he had dropped to #28.

Didn't see this anywhere, I apologize if it was, what could have been…

Before drafting North Carolina's Hakeem Nicks with their own pick at No. 29, the Giants had worked out the parameters of a trade with the Lions to move up to the 20th pick, according to someone briefed on the negotiations between the two teams. The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants don't discuss war-room talks publicly, didn't divulge what was being offered to Detroit but said the trade was contingent on Missouri wide receiver Jeremy Maclin's being available for the Giants to select at that spot. The plan was nixed when the Eagles, probably sensing the Lions were shopping their pick, jumped up two spots to No. 19 (by giving the Browns a sixth-round selection) to pick Maclin, whom they hadn't considered a possible target because they didn't expect him to fall that far. It's unclear if Philly knew its division rival was the team getting ready to pounce on Maclin. -- Newark Star-Ledger

Would Pettigrew have lasted? Stupid Eagles.

I doubt it because if the Eagles didnt draft Maclin they would have drafted Pettigrew if he was there

I think the Bills targeted Wood all along and it worked out because I really like Shawn Nelson so the question is would you rather have Wood and Nelson or Pettigrew and whoever they might have drafted in the 4th round. In my opinion Wood will start and Nelson will get a lot of playing time, I dont think I could say the same for whoever else they might have drafted in the 4th round especially any of the lineman.

a pass catching TE that can't block is a better fit for a running team then one of the best blocking TE's ever? lol

We are a RUNNING team. fact.