Joe D sighting

Beerball

Joe D is a class act .... one of the best ever to play the game and a great guy.

Did you hear his comments on Peters? Trashed him big time. "He said the guy played so bad last year he deserved to be cut" not given a raise. He said the Bills made a great move by trading the guy.

Did you hear his comments on Peters. Trashed him big time. "He said the guy played so bad last year he deserved to be cut" not given a raise. He said the Bills made a great move by trading the guy.

Also not a big Kawika Mitchell fan. Sorry, no link on that one ...

Did you hear his comments on Peters? Trashed him big time. "He said the guy played so bad last year he deserved to be cut" not given a raise. He said the Bills made a great move by trading the guy.

but jim mcnally said he was the greatest powerblocker he ever coached.........after Anthony Munoz...

I was thinking about Joe Delamielleure just the other day. The year we took him in the first round in 1973, we also took Paul Seymour (who was a college tackle) in the first round...two first round offensive linemen! Those two became the nucleus of the famed Electric Company...one of the greatest blocking units in NFL history.

There was one other draft in which the Bills took two offensive linemen high. That was in 1976 when we took both Joe Devlin and Ken Jones in the 2nd round. Wow. Those two formed the core of the "Ground Chuck" offensive line on the team coached by Chuck Knox which made the playoffs in 1980 and 1981. Knox is one of only four Bills coaches that had a winning record during their time in Buffalo. The offensive line was definitely strong in those days.

Now in 2009, we finally go offensive lineman high in the draft twice with Eric Wood and Andy Levitre. I get a really good feeling about these two picks. I love that we went high on offensive linemen this year.

• 2 weeks later...