So true, so true....

The arts naturally flourish under liberal thinking.  Do you agree with this?  Or would the arts be better served under conservative thinking?

102838[/snapback]

I dont quite understand the question. Art to me encompesses so much. A suspension bridge is art IMO. So is an eloquent speech. Playing the sax soulfully. Landscaping. Cooking. Etc. I dont understand how being conservative or liberal would enhance art.

I love the blues.  I really like Jazz too.  Amazing how much great music there was 80 years ago!

102857[/snapback]

True. Yet, didn't that music define liberal thinking at time? A different direction artistically and politically. The pot, the coke associated with the "Jazz Age" really became demonized along with the prevailing race issue amongst conservative America. Hence, your infancy of drug laws.

True.  Yet, didn't that music define liberal thinking at time?  A different direction artistically and politically.  The pot, the coke associated with the "Jazz Age" really became demonized along with the prevailing race issue amongst conservative America.  Hence, your infancy of drug laws.

102865[/snapback]

I am conservative, have tried cocaine, still smoke pot occasionally. I think all drug laws should be repealed. At the very least marijuana should be legal. I think drug legaliziation is a very conservative notion. Conservatives want minimal constraints placed on them by the government and think the governments role should be minimized. I agree that drugs really contributed to the Jazz Age. Hell where would The Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, etc of been without drugs? Some of the greatest music ever written was while on drugs. Bill Hicks did some standup on this subject