100 Days, 100 mistakes

As I write this, Democrats in Congress are fashioning a deal to pass the budget’s provisions on health care by preventing Republicans and moderate Democrats from having a voice in the debate.

Think about that. The Obama-Reid-Pelosi political machine is going to pass legislation that fundamentally affects every single American -- as well as 17 percent of our economy -- by cutting the elected representatives of half of all Americans out of the process.

Is anyone else bothered by this? 2010 can't come fast enough.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venezuela is a sovereign country. Respect that.

Okay. I just wanted to ensure I was understanding you. It's perfectly okay to you if Chavez is torturing and imprisoning the people residing in his sovereign country who defy his leadership, just as long as we're not doing business with him. In fact, it's perfectly okay if everyone in Venezuela sees the photo of Obama and Chavez shaking hands and smiling and swapping books in the Chavez-controlled media, which is ultimately visual confirmation that the torturing and imprisoning Chavez is doing to his own people is ACCEPTABLE behavior to the U.S.

Got it. Thanks for being more clear.

Did you know that Obama marks first 100 days with a 68 percent approval rating, the highest since 1953!?

Except that it isn't true, despite the fawning of the media. They are cherry-picking polls. His approval rating according to RealClearPolitics - which averages all of the major national polls - is 61.6.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ot...roval-1044.html

According to figures from MSNBC (who selected a poll giving Obama a rating of 65), the average of the last 10 presidents was 65%. 61.6% puts him behind Ike, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and Reagan, but ahead of Clinton and both Bush's.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200...24/1906350.aspx

The only rarefied air that Obama enjoys is 7th place behind Nixon.