100 Days, 100 mistakes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's got 1,000,000 more to go to catch up to He Who Must Not Be Named.

Did you know that Obama marks first 100 days with a 68 percent approval rating, the highest since 1953!?

The typiucal "Bush did it too!" response.

LMAO! Leave it to the NY Post, paragon of news gathering, to include editorial content in a list of mistakes made by somebody. Or are all the mistakes simply grist for the editorial mill?

Fact is, we won't KNOW if they're mistakes until his action plan either bears fruit or rots on the vine. Until then it's just the same ole same ole of where we all stand on the political spectrum. If you like him, he's doing well. If you don't, everything he's done is a mistake.

We'll see.

I personally believe he has done well so far. Granted a long way to go. I would be one of that 68%. I also like how it's from JOE SCARBOROUGH, GLENN BECK AND OTHERS. No kidding really? They could come up with negative items. hehehehehe

That was friggin' retarded, even by the Post's gruesomely low standards.

Fact is, we won't KNOW if they're mistakes until his action plan either bears fruit or rots on the vine. Until then it's just the same ole same ole of where we all stand on the political spectrum. If you like him, he's doing well. If you don't, everything he's done is a mistake.

In other words: don't judge him by the same standards as Bush was judged.

I like Newt......that "far right radical"s response WAY better.

100 Days of Devastatingly Swift Success

To mark President Obama’s 100th day in office, I’m going to say something you might find unexpected, even shocking:

President Obama’s first 100 days have been spectacularly successful.

President Obama is the strongest domestic Democratic President since Lyndon Johnson. His ability to get Democrats in Congress to give him things that undermine their own power is impressive.

In just 100 days, President Obama has been devastatingly effective in moving forward swiftly the most radical, government-expanding agenda in American history.

Successfully Moving to a European Model of Government Control

At home, in everything from his economic policy to his energy policy to his just-announced science policy, President Obama has successfully moved the country from a traditional American model of entrepreneurship and private initiative to a European model of regulation and government control.

Abroad, he has succeeded in his apparent goal to be the un-George W. Bush; replacing aggressive, if sometimes flawed, American leadership with a humbled, weakened America on the world stage.

Judged by these standards, President Obama’s first 100 days have been a remarkable success.

Getting Congress to Give Him Things That Undermine Their Own Power

The Obama record in the first 100 days includes three instances of spectacular political impunity:

• Under the guise of “economic stimulus” he was able to pass a $787 billion gift for his liberal special interest base. And he did it so quickly that no member of Congress was able to read it before they voted.

• After campaigning on a pledge to end earmarks, he signed an appropriations bill loaded with 8,000 earmarks -- and paid no political penalty.

• President Obama has kept congressional Democrats marching with him in lockstep. House Democrats tow the party line an amazing 94 percent of the time and Senate Democrats vote Democratic 91 percent of the time.

Two Historic Bureaucratic Power Grabs

In these first 100 days, the Obama Administration has achieved two historic bureaucratic power grabs:

• President Obama has transformed the Federal Reserve and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) into giant engines of unsupervised spending. Together, they’ve spent the equivalent of the entire federal budget for 2007, without having to disclose where the money went.

• Just two weeks ago, the President presided over an unprecedented bureaucratic power grab when his Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ruled that greenhouse gases pose a threat to public health. This seemingly innocuous decision opens the door to wholesale regulation of American life by government. The threat is so great that politicians and activists are using the specter of an out-of-control EPA to force Congress to pass a $1 trillion to $2 trillion energy tax in the form of cap-and-trade legislation.

In Foreign Policy, Weakness and Self-Delusion

The Obama 100 days record also includes remarkable weakness and self-delusion overseas:

• In an attempt to overcome anti-Americanism abroad by agreeing with it, President Obama has gone on a global apology tour, labeling America as “arrogant, dismissive and derisive” in front of foreign audiences.

• President Obama has unleashed a domestic war over the meaning of guilt by caving in to the anti-American left and leaving the door open to prosecuting Bush Administration officials over the interrogation of terrorists who plotted to kill Americans.

All Other Obama “Accomplishments” Are Only a Prelude to His $3.5 Trillion Budget

But all these successful expansions of government at home and retractions of American leadership abroad are merely a prelude to President Obama’s looming crowning achievement: His 2010 budget which remakes our health care system, remakes our energy system, raises taxes and forecasts an amazing $9 trillion increase in the national debt.

As I write this, Democrats in Congress are fashioning a deal to pass the budget’s provisions on health care by preventing Republicans and moderate Democrats from having a voice in the debate.

Think about that. The Obama-Reid-Pelosi political machine is going to pass legislation that fundamentally affects every single American -- as well as 17 percent of our economy -- by cutting the elected representatives of half of all Americans out of the process.

If they succeed, the budget will be President Obama’s most enduring -- and devastating -- accomplishment.

Will the Future Bring Change We Can Believe In? Or a Change in What we Believe?

One thing is clear at this point in President Obama’s presidency: His control of Washington Democrats has been so masterful, and his policies so successful, that he has officially claimed ownership of the American economy.

Going forward, it won’t be possible to continue to place blame on former President Bush and the Republicans. If President Obama fails, it will be his failure and his alone.

As for us, the “success” of the first 100 days of the Obama presidency raises a threatening possibility.

As my daughter and columnist Jackie Cushman put it, if we’re not careful, instead of change we can believe in, we’re going to have change in what we believe.

It’s something to ponder for the next 1,361 days.

www.newt.org

That was friggin' retarded, even by the Post's gruesomely low standards.

In other words: don't judge him by the same standards as Bush was judged.

Right. Bush WAS judged too quickly early on by many on the opposite side of the fence. And it wasn't fair back then either.

I won't get into which of his policies have born fruit or rotted on the vine. Some are still germinating anyway.

Sorry you will need to refer to JP as "He who must not be named II" because Bush blunders started in 2003 1 year before JP in Buff.

I wasn't referring to JP. I was referring to he who was traded from the Jaguars for a 1st and 4th round pick in 1998 and was involved in a QB controversy with a midget

He who must not be named pre-dates 2003. Therefore you need to start referring to Bush as "He who must not be named II".

I wasn't referring to JP. I was referring to he who was traded from the Jaguars for a 1st and 4th round pick in 1998 and was involved in a QB controversy with a midget

He who must not be named pre-dates 2003. Therefore you need to start referring to Bush as "He who must not be named II".

Billy Carter predates them both, though.

"The picture of Obama and Hugo Chavez shaking hands." - This was awesome IMO.

So it's not okay for us to torture anyone, but you have no problem with Chavez torturing his own people? You think that photo being sent all around Venezuela will help its people?

Interesting.

"The picture of Obama and Hugo Chavez shaking hands." - This was awesome IMO.

That picture shows where Obama's loyalties lie. Chavez is a tyrant and tinhorn dictator. And there was the fearless leader with his goofy smile, glad-handing. Oh, and then there's his treatment of Cuba. Lovely.

Yes is does. His loyalties lie in diplomacy, not in blowing the sh-- out of everyone.

Are you aware Chavez just gave us a free island?

Not diplomacy, APPEASEMENT and BROWN-NOSING.

Screw Chavez. The only thing I want from that bastard is his head on a pole.

Yes is does. His loyalties lie in diplomacy, not in blowing the sh-- out of everyone.

Are you aware Chavez just gave us a free island?

Oh, boy! A free island! Oh, boy! That's better than a book any day!!! Does this mean he can keep torturing and imprisoning people who fight against his regime??? Why, of course it does, because, dammit, he gave us an ISLAND! :):lol: :lol:

You're a piece of work, sister.

So it's not okay for us to torture anyone, but you have no problem with Chavez torturing his own people? You think that photo being sent all around Venezuela will help its people?

Interesting.

What? Yes .. way to go.. the old scarecrow tactic. Pretend I said something I never did and fight with it.

Yes that's exactly what I said .. Shaking hands with Hugo Chavez means we approve of everything and anything he does. That photo does not help or hurt it's people. Heck maybe it'll give them a little hope.