Swift Boats

BillsNYC

From Fox News:

A new poll in 12 key battleground states shows that when it comes to which interest groups and their ads were most effective this campaign, the anti-Kerry group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth leads the pack.

The poll, conducted by the firm Fabrizio, McLaughlin and Associates (search), shows that 72 percent of voters were aware of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, compared with only 49 percent who knew about the anti-Bush group MoveOn.Org.

In addition, far more voters say the Swift Boat Veterans had the most impact, than say that about any other group.

What's more, 39 percent of Bush voters say the anti-Kerry group had the most impact, while less than half that number of Kerry voters said that about the anti-Bush group.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I'll tell you what's effective:

Swift Boat Liars, the Michael Moores of the right, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: You got your madness for 4 years, so now you can just GO AWAY, for you are no longer newsworthy.

I just don't see how people can gloat about this election.  "My idiot beat your idiot" isn't exactly an inspiring cry...

102140[/snapback]

Well, considering the source of the those who make that claim...

Well, considering the source of the those who make that claim...

102161[/snapback]

Aww...are we done crying about Mrs. Edwards?

With Michael Moore and the liberal media, the Bush Backers had to fight fire with fire, and obiously it worked.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I gloat because I'm in a city with millions of liberals, and in an office with 15 of them who think they speak for the country.

102146[/snapback]

And the Swift Boat Veterans think they speak for all veterans who served with Kerry? :unsure::D:lol:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

At least Howard Dean wasn't exposed to such cruelty and madness... That scream of his may have saved him, and I can't thank the misguided media anough. :unsure:

Howard, you're one of my civilian heroes :D

He still retains his senate seat.  He's not going away.

102189[/snapback]

His seat, with 19 years experience, as the junior Senator from Massachusetts. Junior to a guy with 42 years in his seat.

Really...no partisanship intended, but don't you find it particularly unimpressive that MA keeps voting Kerry and Kennedy into the Senate? Doesn't Massachusetts politics desperately need a breath of fresh air already?

I just don't see how people can gloat about this election.  "My idiot beat your idiot" isn't exactly an inspiring cry...

102140[/snapback]

I typically will give the benefit of the doubt as far as intelligence goes to Yale graduates who go on to get their MBAs at Harvard. As far as elocution is concerned I've heard Ruth Bader Ginsberg babbling like a 9-month old baby so I'll assume both sides offer some acknowledgement that we're not gifted with Will Roger's linguistic artistry.

I typically will give the benefit of the doubt as far as intelligence goes to Yale graduates who go on to get their MBAs at Harvard. As far as elocution is concerned I've heard Ruth Bader Ginsberg babbling like a 9-month old baby so I'll assume both sides offer some acknowledgement that we're not gifted with Will Roger's linguistic artistry.

102327[/snapback]

Kool-aid, get your kool-aid here!

Bush is intelligent now because of his first rate liberal education? You can't honestly listen to the man speak and believe this crap, can you? I wish my daddy was rich and well-connected so I could skate through the Ivy League and become president too!

102327[/snapback]

I've met both a lot of stupid Ivy League graduates (seen some whose writing would make Bush look like a Nobel laureate in literature), and a hell of a lot of stupid MBAs.

And I've got quite a selection of "Look at me, I'm smart" certificates, too...some earned, some bought. Enough to know that they don't mean stevestojan, no matter how proud I am of some of them.

I'll tell you what's effective:

Swift Boat Liars, the Michael Moores of the right,  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  You got your madness for 4 years, so now you can just GO AWAY, for you are no longer newsworthy.

102112[/snapback]

Show me one lie- let's see how Kerry's records compare to their statements and records-Oh, wait we couldn't . Kerry never signed his Form 180 releasing ALL his military records!

Maybe Kerry could have won if he had releasewd them. :unsure:

Show me one lie- let's see how Kerry's records compare to their statements and records-Oh, wait we couldn't . Kerry never signed his Form 180 releasing ALL his military records!

Maybe Kerry could have won if he had releasewd them. :unsure:

102365[/snapback]

...and Bush may not have had they not "lost" his.