Swine flu

Don't give up so easily. At least Tom sees the humor in it.

Speaking of failings.......who here has to find a babysitter for the kids the next few weeks???

A) Nobody

B) 1-3 people

C) 4-10 people

D) Everybody

Answers accepted until May 6th. Yes...you may change your answer as we go.

Looks like A was the correct answer.

Reality: 3,427,892, Dwight Drane/time to choose: 0

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought DIA June 82 puts at 50 cents.

By the way....what do you think took the market up the past month???? Inflation plays.....Dollar Dead plays. Silver up the most in 22 years...Oil up...Gold up. Between gold closing in on 1000 again and Oil 70....I think the play back to 8200 is a no brainer. If it takes 3 weeks to get there, I lose my money. If it takes 1 week to get there, I triple it. I'm just hoping for Dow 8200 by the end of next week so I can get an easy double.

Come on Adams....I've admitted that I was early to the party in calling for inflation. I even see you saying you expect it now.

Your mental illness knows no bounds. Even when you're wrong (always), you're right (in your mind).

Predicting some inflation after all this spending is like predicting the Bills will miss the playoffs, ie, not exactly insightful.

Your mental illness knows no bounds. Even when you're wrong (always), you're right (in your mind).

Predicting some inflation after all this spending is like predicting the Bills will miss the playoffs, ie, not exactly insightful.

Enjoying your Prius?

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...............................BOOM!!!!

Enjoying your Prius?

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...............................BOOM!!!!

The only thing that is consistent about your many predictions on this board: they are 100% all wrong. 200 day average is still out there though. If the dow doesn't hit that average, you finally get a star!

You were so close on that San Diego game being canceled too. Hard to know if that or oil to $200/barrel by the end of 2008 is my favorite miss so far. Aww hell, you've been wrong so many times it's hard to pick just one. I can't do it. Instead I'll just thank you for the rainbow of your inaccuracy in predictions. By all means post another odds board since the last one went 0 for 30 (almost impossible really). I'd like to see if that blind squirrel adage is true. Can you find a nut? Is it possible?

The Prius is great. Wife loves it. Perfect car for the apocalypse, which is what again? 5? 7? Years out? Good thing I passed on the extended warranty. I bet they don't cover roads turning to lava and zombie attacks. I really forget: when did you say the zombies come again? That's 2014 isn't it? I'll have a plug-in Hummer by then. Like to see a zombie !@#$ that up.

That was beautiful, though. At least when I'm wrong I can admit it to myself, though not you dopes.

Yeah, but did you use the Bible? No? Then you don't understand why his prediction is more predictive than your prediction.

How many?

Because I intend to short them at the market open. Best trade I can think of is the exact opposite of whatever you do.

Feel free. Call your broker or click on your Etrade and go sell some puts. Remember that there is no limit to your downside when you do that.

DAVRD.X is the contract. If you really had conviction, you'd sell the 87 puts. You pocket $2 up front and if I am so wrong....the market will fly and you can sit on the cash until it expires and you are free and clear.

Good luck

Feel free. Call your broker or click on your Etrade and go sell some puts. Remember that there is no limit to your downside when you do that.

DAVRD.X is the contract. If you really had conviction, you'd sell the 87 puts. You pocket $2 up front and if I am so wrong....the market will fly and you can sit on the cash until it expires and you are free and clear.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, kid. It's not like ever made a living off day-trading or anything. :lol:

I don't have conviction about the markets; I leave that to morons like you who think they can tell the future.

Thanks for the advice, kid. It's not like ever made a living off day-trading or anything. :lol:

I don't have conviction about the markets; I leave that to morons like you who think they can tell the future.

Sorry to get all GG on you, but you said you were going to short some puts......in actuality you would be writing a new contract and creating a brand new security. When you short something, it already exists and you just borrow it to sell to someone.

The person buying the puts you WRITE, would then have the OPTION of selling you 100 shares of Diamonds (DIA) at the strike price for every contract you sell.

I am sure it was an honest mistake on your part seeing you have made your living day-tading, but I have to be cautious to make sure your risk is understood. I wouldn't want you to HIT the PUCK to the side of the net and miss such a great chance to capitalize off of my folly.

GG...I said I am out. I said 8200 is a resistance level that I don't feel we will bust through. If it closes today anything more than 50-100 points over that, I will consider myself wrong. There is almost no way we could break through the 200 day moving average after that which is now at 9K or so and drifting down. If the market busts through that and we head towards 10,000...I will gladly admit that I was too cautious and will eat crow.

10:15 DJIA 8,766.66

200 day average: 8761

Ouch. Frankly, I thought it would take longer than 5 weeks for you to go wrong on that one. Sorry man.

Can you PLEASE predict that I'll never win the Powerball? I've never bought a ticket but will become a daily player if you make that proclamation.

10:15 DJIA 8,766.66

200 day average: 8761

Ouch. Frankly, I thought it would take longer than 5 weeks for you to go wrong on that one. Sorry man.

Can you PLEASE predict that I'll never win the Powerball? I've never bought a ticket but will become a daily player if you make that proclamation.

I guess you have a different definition of "Bust Through".

Then again you probably also celebrated victory when you played "Just The Tip" for 3 seconds with the 13 year old down the street when you were at community college.

Says the guy who's still disputing that the Dow "busted through" 8200. <_<

I'm not disputing that.....it went through. That is why my target is 82 on the puts because that is now support. I said at the time I didn't think we'd go through it, but if we did I'd be waiting for it at the 200 day moving average where I'd hammer it. That is what I did.

Tom...you're better than Adams at knowing what the deal is. He's out of his league to even comment on it. I don't mind yanking chains, but he can find better stuff than that to do it with. Creaming his pants over this is like getting in the face of a Patriots fan when the Bills kick a field goal 5 minutes into the game to go up 3-0.

I guess you have a different definition of "Bust Through".

Then again you probably also celebrated victory when you played "Just The Tip" for 3 seconds with the 13 year old down the street when you were at community college.

Keep trying.

GG...I said I am out. I said 8200 is a resistance level that I don't feel we will bust through. If it closes today anything more than 50-100 points over that, I will consider myself wrong. There is almost no way we could break through the 200 day moving average after that which is now at 9K or so and drifting down. If the market busts through that and we head towards 10,000...I will gladly admit that I was too cautious and will eat crow.

You were wrong (again, again, again, again). The crow part comes next.

Tom...you're better than Adams at knowing what the deal is. He's out of his league to even comment on it. I don't mind yanking chains, but he can find better stuff than that to do it with. Creaming his pants over this is like getting in the face of a Patriots fan when the Bills kick a field goal 5 minutes into the game to go up 3-0.

I'm sure Tom is honored that you consider him one of the elite.

I'm not disputing that.....it went through. That is why my target is 82 on the puts because that is now support. I said at the time I didn't think we'd go through it, but if we did I'd be waiting for it at the 200 day moving average where I'd hammer it. That is what I did.

In your defense, I'll consider the moving average "broken through" when the market tests it and stays above it.

At which point, I'll bust your ass for it.

In your defense, I'll consider the moving average "broken through" when the market tests it and stays above it.

At which point, I'll bust your ass for it.

In fairness to your fairness, I thought we were a lot longer than a month away from breaking through the 200 day moving average when he said there was "almost no way" that we'd break through it.

Things I want DD to predict:

(1) The Bills will not make the playoffs this year.

(2) When I pick up my new car, it does not accidentally have the 300+ HP engine.

(3) My torn tendon will never heal and I'll never play basketball again.

(4) Amazon won't accidentally deliver the 20 volume OED to me.