Swine flu

I would bet almost everyone here knows someone that has had a serious flu over the past few weeks. We are in summer...this isn't normal.

I have the TV on in the background and the Surgeon General/CDC just ran a PSA on the swine flu gaining traction and to prepare for a larger outbreak.

Argentina is overwhelmed by this, and South and Central America are getting hit.

Over 1 million in the US have gotten the swine flu and the Catholic health system in Buffalo is in an outbreak and are preventing children under 14 from visiting their facilities. Deaths are starting to pick up.

Things such as "containment areas" and "mass containment busses" are being spotted around the country. There are full blown preparations taking place, and plans for mass vaccinations in the fall are being floated.

Unless people are laying in the streets, many will not pay attention. Given this administration's power and control grab, would it surprise anyone here to see mass programs installed because of this flu?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet almost everyone here knows someone that has had a serious flu over the past few weeks. We are in summer...this isn't normal.

I have the TV on in the background and the Surgeon General/CDC just ran a PSA on the swine flu gaining traction and to prepare for a larger outbreak.

Argentina is overwhelmed by this, and South and Central America are getting hit.

Over 1 million in the US have gotten the swine flu and the Catholic health system in Buffalo is in an outbreak and are preventing children under 14 from visiting their facilities. Deaths are starting to pick up.

Things such as "containment areas" and "mass containment busses" are being spotted around the country. There are full blown preparations taking place, and plans for mass vaccinations in the fall are being floated.

Unless people are laying in the streets, many will not pay attention. Given this administration's power and control grab, would it surprise anyone here to see mass programs installed because of this flu?

Mass flu vaccinations in the fall for a summer pandemic? Say it isn't so.

I would bet almost everyone here knows someone that has had a serious flu over the past few weeks.

When you say "almost everyone here", how many people does it take to lose your "bet"

I'll start the countdown by saying that I don't know anyone who has had a serious flu over the past few weeks

When you say "almost everyone here", how many people does it take to lose your "bet"

I'll start the countdown by saying that I don't know anyone who has had a serious flu over the past few weeks

There are a handful of people around here.

ps - I had a nasty flu last July. It was part of a bug that rolled through the NYC area, about 20% of our office came down with it. Where does that rank on the Apocalypse Dranometer?

Well, I guess just like you view the Bible as a nonsensical source to look towards and you continue to scoff, I look at your opinion in the same light.

Cincy doesn't hold my views that we are in the end times, yet we cordially put together pieces of information in an attempt to form a possible conclusion with this "flu" other than...."There are a few sniffling Mexicans and everything gets overblown." Sure, it could be a case of that....but to assume anything at face value right now is not a wise move.

As I have said before.....the economy cannot make a recovery. The system is dead. The internal fracture of our own powerstructure is leading us to an end game of some sort. Is this swine flu part of that equation? Could very well be. There will need to be a scapegoat for the failure of the financial system as we know it. This is the sort of thing that can be used as an excuse, or as a trial to get boots on the ground in an attempt to regulate populations.

As I said..... the end game is total control of everything. This doesn't have decades to play out. Whether you want to admit or not the huge shifts that have taken place since you first started laughing, as we go along it will become obvious to even the stragglers that we are in a state of pure chaos.

War is the game. Who fights who is the question? Time to choose sides.

ditto

I like how you leave out facts from the CDC like "the vast majority of swine flu cases are very mild," and most of the deaths are "in people of a higher risk class," such as people with weakened immune systems, or pre-existing conditions. In other words, the group of people that are always more susceptible to any flu are the ones getting sick.

You also leave out that out of your heralded 1 million cases, we've seen 127 deaths in the US. That's 0.01% of the cases resulting in death. Some bioweapon, huh? If people are getting the flu and barely getting sick, or getting over it quickly, which they, its not much of a threat is it?

Care to link to where "containment areas" are being set up?

I like how you leave out facts from the CDC like "the vast majority of swine flu cases are very mild," and most of the deaths are "in people of a higher risk class," such as people with weakened immune systems, or pre-existing conditions. In other words, the group of people that are always more susceptible to any flu are the ones getting sick.

You also leave out that out of your heralded 1 million cases, we've seen 127 deaths in the US. That's 0.01% of the cases resulting in death. Some bioweapon, huh? If people are getting the flu and barely getting sick, or getting over it quickly, which they, its not much of a threat is it?

Care to link to where "containment areas" are being set up?

If you are the one that released the strain, wouldn't it make sense to unleash it on your own people first in a mild form so they can build resistance to it.....then when the big one hits, you fare the best out of everyone?

How can the big one hit? You can answer that question, doctor. It can also hit with a second release of a different strain later on. Your chances of mutation go up a heck of a whole lot as this continues to spread. The CDC is pumping out PSAs.

I am not saying this is a giant killer....in fact, if you argue that it isn't, wouldn't forced vaccinations be unwarranted? Why is the CDC and WHO slowly ramping this up then???

There is something wrong with the timing of this. A situation like this is exactally what I am worried about. Our buddy Obama comes out today in the middle of a giant unemployment announcement and says he is deeply worried. The clowns that represent you are passing every piece of restrictive legislation possible. I have said from day 1 it could be nothing, but if you don't look at this situation with extreme caution, you don't understand geopolitical dynamics.

If you are the one that released the strain, wouldn't it make sense to unleash it on your own people first in a mild form so they can build resistance to it.....then when the big one hits, you fare the best out of everyone?

How can the big one hit? You can answer that question, doctor. It can also hit with a second release of a different strain later on. Your chances of mutation go up a heck of a whole lot as this continues to spread. The CDC is pumping out PSAs.

I am not saying this is a giant killer....in fact, if you argue that it isn't, wouldn't forced vaccinations be unwarranted? Why is the CDC and WHO slowly ramping this up then???

There is something wrong with the timing of this. A situation like this is exactally what I am worried about. Our buddy Obama comes out today in the middle of a giant unemployment announcement and says he is deeply worried. The clowns that represent you are passing every piece of restrictive legislation possible. I have said from day 1 it could be nothing, but if you don't look at this situation with extreme caution, you don't understand geopolitical dynamics.

You literally make me scream with frustration, you are such a !@#$ing pez-head.

Who are we hitting first? NK?

Deeper...not quite 'roid rage, though. Kind-of a grown-up Charlie-Brown-type "AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

If you don't expect anything of someone, you shouldn't get frustrated.

I used to get frustrated here, but then I figured out where everyone was coming from. Now I treat the site for what it's worth.

Who are we hitting first? NK?

Israel hits Iran in the middle of all the distractions. If I had to guess.

6 billion people is too many. Come'on......look at the regulations that have gone through recently. Eventually it is easier for them to just use tools at hand to kill people off.

I also enjoyed the extra hour stock trades were going through today. That was a first. Wonder what China needs this time?

Israel hits Iran in the middle of all the distractions. If I had to guess.

6 billion people is too many. Come'on......look at the regulations that have gone through recently. Eventually it is easier for them to just use tools at hand to kill people off.

I also enjoyed the extra hour stock trades were going through today. That was a first. Wonder what China needs this time?

We released a bioweapon on ourselves to distract from Israel hitting Iran?

AAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

We released a bioweapon on ourselves to distract from Israel hitting Iran?

AAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

No silly, we did it so the stock market could be open for one more hour.

But, I thought the fear was about bonds?

• 3 months later...
GG...I said I am out. I said 8200 is a resistance level that I don't feel we will bust through. If it closes today anything more than 50-100 points over that, I will consider myself wrong. There is almost no way we could break through the 200 day moving average after that which is now at 9K or so and drifting down. If the market busts through that and we head towards 10,000...I will gladly admit that I was too cautious and will eat crow.

Sorry to bring you into things again GG but the Dow crossed 10000, not that Dwight will admit he was wrong for either the 8200 prediction, the 10000 prediction, the 200 day moving average prediction, and on and on.

Sorry to bring you into things again GG but the Dow crossed 10000, not that Dwight will admit he was wrong for either the 8200 prediction, the 10000 prediction, the 200 day moving average prediction, and on and on.

But when you adjust for the hyperinflation that's coming but hasn't happened yet, the market's languishing around 6000, as Dwight will prove with a completely irrelevent graph comparing gold prices to the market.