From an ACTUAL Source

Nope, you can't split hairs over those. It was DJ and his staff that blew those games.

CLE (MNF) After seeing multiple 3-4 defenses, Buffalo finally figured out to run when Crennel put 6-7 into coverage. But alas, we ran three times to settle for a FG which the kicker missed from about 47. Great odds there.

Young QB was struggling. Lots of NFL kickers would make that kick. Especially after seeing your rival kicker drop a bomb of a 56 yarder. Lindell sucks.

SF Another game I was personally at. Trent goes down and the Bills muster 3 points against ROOKIE HC Mike Singletary and a mediocre SF team starting Shaun Hill at QB. Lynch ran well, but not putting it into the EZ hurts.

It has been well documented that Losman sucks. And Lindell, who sucks, missed a 20 yard (how is that possible?) & 40 yard fgs. But that was the most miserable football game I've ever attended.

MIA DJ decides to start a wounded McGee, who is torched by Ted Ginn. A certain first rounder is healthy, but does not play. ROOKIE HC Tony Sparano outcoached the more experienced DJ all day.

Can't really argue with this. It was a dumb decision. But if Trent doesn't fumble trying to reach out for a first down (a Losman-like move) and our amazing left side of our o-line doesn't get blown up by Big mouth Porter, that could have be a W even with a poor coaching decision.

NYJ (Away) Nice call on the Losman roll-out. The old FB pass, fools em every time. Brilliance. Marcus Stroud was allegedly heard after the game saying, "run the damn ball." But he's a nice coach, and Marcus was probably not upset long after.

If Belichick does this, he is thought of as ballsy and going for the jugular. However, Jauron, who trusts a 5th year QB and a "pro bowl" LT gets done in by their faulty play execution.

A common theme was the rookie OC with more than 10 years as a QB coach. After 10 years in the NFL as a position coach, guys usually aren't cut out to be promoted. Not Turk(ey), he's just what the DJ ordered. Another one of the great hires DJ made, among Steve Fairchild, Gary Crowton, and John Shoop. Those are some talents there.

Fairchild won 7 games and a bowl game in his first season as a CSU head coach. They won 7 games the previous 2 years. And his 2006 season with Losman may be one of the great offensive coaching ever because he made JP look somewhat like a pro QB.

Shoop is the offensive coordinator of UNC that just saw 3 receivers get drafted in the draft, including 2 in the first 2 rounds.

And the fact you are questioning Crowton makes me question your football knowledge. He is one of the best offensive coordinators in the business and has groomed 7 NFL QBs. http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;Q_SEASON=2008

Again, Jauron isn't the greatest coach in the world, but his players lost those games.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not shocking to me...I still have several friends in various NFL circles, and he is very respected in the league. In fact, many felt his 2007 coaching job after Kevin, the bad break in Den and Dall and the worst case of injuries in the league that year, was one of the better coaching jobs in the league. Some have even said that if we made the playoffs (as we had a chance to) he may have won coach of the year...Then last year he was again being spoken of in the coach of the year rumblings after the 6-2 start until it derailed. Again, most lay this on JP and Edwards struggles and the injuries more than DJ from the people I talk to.

Its the fans that are down on him the most. A friend of mine played one year for him in Chicago and he said that he gets more out of his guys than most beacuse people play hard for him.

His biggest problem in Buffalo has been lack of an established QB to lead this team and injuries, and hopefully with all the new weapons and OL additions, Edwards can make the leap forward this year and be that guy. All coaches make in game mistakes, but when the team isnt winning they get magnified. Mike Tomlin probably made more coaching mistakes than most other coaches this year, but it doesnt get talked about because they overcame them and won.

It's not Dick's fault

It's tough to win in the NFL :)

Young QB was struggling. Lots of NFL kickers would make that kick. Especially after seeing your rival kicker drop a bomb of a 56 yarder. Lindell sucks.

It has been well documented that Losman sucks. And Lindell, who sucks, missed a 20 yard (how is that possible?) & 40 yard fgs. But that was the most miserable football game I've ever attended.

Can't really argue with this. It was a dumb decision. But if Trent doesn't fumble trying to reach out for a first down (a Losman-like move) and our amazing left side of our o-line doesn't get blown up by Big mouth Porter, that could have be a W even with a poor coaching decision.

If Belichick does this, he is thought of as ballsy and going for the jugular. However, Jauron, who trusts a 5th year QB and a "pro bowl" LT gets done in by their faulty play execution.

Fairchild won 7 games and a bowl game in his first season as a CSU head coach. They won 7 games the previous 2 years. And his 2006 season with Losman may be one of the great offensive coaching ever because he made JP look somewhat like a pro QB.

Shoop is the offensive coordinator that just saw 3 receivers get drafted in the draft, including 2 in the first 2 rounds.

And the fact you are questioning Crowton makes me question your football knowledge. He is one of the best offensive coordinators in the business and has groomed 7 NFL QBs. http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;Q_SEASON=2008

Again, Jauron isn't the greatest coach in the world, but his players lost those games.

Great post...

...if you're nothing but a Jauron apologist.

1 winning season in 9 stints as a head coach. It's ALWAYS the players' faults....

I guess they could argue you that it was the players fault that Hank Bullough, Rich Kotite and Ray Handley were such losers. While they weren't the greatest coaches, they weren't actually the ones playing on the field. :doh:

Believe it.

Change their minds today? No way.

Sew them seeds of doubt? You bet!

:doh::doh:

You started this thread.

You now have spent 12 pages defending a proven perennial loser.

You willingly choose to ignore reality and long term results, preferring to rely on selective "evidence" that cannot substantiate your position.

Most people would call that denial.

In fact, I think the only seed of doubt that was sewn was yours. And now you are trying immensely to convince yourself said doubt does not exist.

Jauron gets an A for motivating his players and cohesion amongst his unit

He gets a C- for Game day Preparation

He gets a D for being able to adjust to other teams during the game

He gets a D for playcalling

Jauron gets an A for motivating his players and cohesion amongst his unit

He gets a C- for Game day Preparation

He gets a D for being able to adjust to other teams during the game

He gets a D for playcalling

Sorry but I have to give him a big fat F for motivating his players. You and I both saw how motivated they looked against the AFC East, and at home against the Browns and Niners. They looked pathetic in those games and much worse, acted like they could care less in the post game interviews and pressers.

Sorry but I have to give him a big fat F for motivating his players. You and I both saw how motivated they looked against the AFC East, and at home against the Browns and Niners. They looked pathetic in those games and much worse, acted like they could care less in the post game interviews and pressers.

Players reflect their coach. The Bills don't care because their coach exudes this attitude of "it doesn't matter if we win or lose as long as everyone tries and i'll take everyone for ice cream after the game."

Dickie doesn't hold his players accountable for their play on the field. I want a coach who is going to nail kelsay's ass to the bench for being worthless on the field. I want a coach who's gonna say, ya know what, i'm gonna start this rookie over a worthless vet because he's busting his ass and showing some talent, and if he makes a mistake, so what? (see: webster, jason and thomas, anthony)

Players reflect their coach. The Bills don't care because their coach exudes this attitude of "it doesn't matter if we win or lose as long as everyone tries and i'll take everyone for ice cream after the game."

Dickie doesn't hold his players accountable for their play on the field. I want a coach who is going to nail kelsay's ass to the bench for being worthless on the field. I want a coach who's gonna say, ya know what, i'm gonna start this rookie over a worthless vet because he's busting his ass and showing some talent, and if he makes a mistake, so what? (see: webster, jason and thomas, anthony)

I disagree with this. Jauron is damned if he does and if he doesn't. You have some coaches that get railed because they are to excited to animated on the sidelines. Then you have others who keep emotions in check and stay calm and they too get railed for that. Unless of course you are Dungy or Belichick. If the Bills make the playoffs you will not hear one grip about how he acts on the sideline.

I disagree with this. Jauron is damned if he does and if he doesn't. You have some coaches that get railed because they are to excited to animated on the sidelines. Then you have others who keep emotions in check and stay calm and they too get railed for that. Unless of course you are Dungy or Belichick. If the Bills make the playoffs you will not hear one grip about how he acts on the sideline.

Not sure you're talking about the same thing, though. Landry was a statue on the sideline, but I don't think anyone would argue that he was soft on his players.

(For their ON-the-field performance, mind you, not the stuff made famous in "North Dallas Forty.")

Couldn't agree more. Why Kelsay's starting last season was beyond me. At least Denney batted down some passes when he couldn't get to the QB. This isn't a situation where it's calling people out to the press. All the coach has to do is bench unproductive players to remind them not to get complacent. Buffalo rarely does that with any player. Frankly, I think it's due to a lack of depth at key positions. They'd rather go with the veteran who's not producing that trust an untested rookie.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a money thing with these high priced veterans. Counter that with a guy like Parcells who signed Ernest Wilford and then promptly kept him on the incactive list week after week. That takes guts, to admit you've signed a flop of a UFA.

:doh::doh:

You started this thread.

You now have spent 12 pages defending a proven perennial loser.

You willingly choose to ignore reality and long term results, preferring to rely on selective "evidence" that cannot substantiate your position.

Most people would call that denial.

In fact, I think the only seed of doubt that was sewn was yours. And now you are trying immensely to convince yourself said doubt does not exist.

Yeah, no.

Couldn't agree more. Why Kelsay's starting last season was beyond me. At least Denney batted down some passes when he couldn't get to the QB. This isn't a situation where it's calling people out to the press. All the coach has to do is bench unproductive players to remind them not to get complacent. Buffalo rarely does that with any player. Frankly, I think it's due to a lack of depth at key positions. They'd rather go with the veteran who's not producing that trust an untested rookie.

sort of like starting and sticking with a one legged CB even though he is continually getting toasted by an overhyped WR when you have a healthy 1st rounder riding the pine.

The problem is the coaches and front office have zereo ability to evaluate talent - whether its on their own team, college players or pro free agents.

they did not know what they had in Fred Jackson and still don;t realize his worth as evidenced by jerking him on his contract

Jabari Greer is another player they grossly undervalued and did not sign when they had the chance.

sort of like starting and sticking with a one legged CB even though he is continually getting toasted by an overhyped WR when you have a healthy 1st rounder riding the pine.

The problem is the coaches and front office have zereo ability to evaluate talent - whether its on their own team, college players or pro free agents.

they did not know what they had in Fred Jackson and still don;t realize his worth as evidenced by jerking him on his contract

Jabari Greer is another player they grossly undervalued and did not sign when they had the chance.

But if we resigned Greer, everyone here would just complain that we wasted the money on resigning an overrated CB and didn't spend the money to resign Peters. Then Jauron would be at fault for Peters leaving because he had to keep one of his precious CBs.

On this board, it's lose-lose for Jauron. He gets beat up for things he doesn't have control over and beat up for the things he does. I wanted him to be retained last season to see if he could do better than he had. He didn't. I think the team he has right now is one that should compete for a playoff spot, even with the tough schedule we have. If Buffalo doesn't win at least 9 games, which some think will take a miracle, I think, like him or not, he will be gone at the end of next season.