From an ACTUAL Source

I guess I just don't understand what you're trying to say

Our coach is a really really nice guy.

The players respect him (cept those who run afoul of the law).

They are prepared and execute on Friday.

It is really tough to win in the NFL (as exhibited by back to back to back 7-9 campaigns).

He's a really really nice guy.

It is really really tough to win in the NFL (as exhibited by the coach's one winning season).

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bad break in Den and Dall and the worst case of injuries in the league that year

A friend of mine played one year for him in Chicago and he said that he gets more out of his guys than most beacuse people play hard for him.

Bad breaks? Bad breaks? Ferchristsakes everybody has bad breaks. Have his teams been able to overcome them? Doesn't one team every year have more injuries than the rest? Stop the assinine excuses.

Do players play smart for him? Are they mentally and physically prepared for games? Is the coach prepared for games? Does he make the correct decision when it matters?

Stop the insanity!

Bad breaks? Bad breaks? Ferchristsakes everybody has bad breaks. Have his teams been able to overcome them? Doesn't one team every year have more injuries than the rest? Stop the assinine excuses.

Do players play smart for him? Are they mentally and physically prepared for games? Is the coach prepared for games? Does he make the correct decision when it matters?

Stop the insanity!

I need a cold towel and to lie down. I can't believe that I agree with Deerbal here. :rolleyes:

I'm not in the slightest bit ashamed of my support of Dick Jauron.

The reasons I support Dick (couldn't help the dick joke) were once again confirmed tonight.

Just one more person who's worked with Jauron and who has nothing but praises for him. My source is an informed guy. He considers Dick a friend from Dick's time here in Chicago. He knows him professionally. He's seen Jauron in the locker room. He referred to him as the one of the most "under rated coaches in the league."

I feel bad blowing up my source in light of recent events, if you're truly curious about his identity, you're welcomed to PM me and I'll give you all the details about my source, so long as he stays private.

I won't respond to your PM if I've never heard of you.

What does this have to do with his coaching ability? I lived in Chicago during his whole reign of terror there. He was a good guy then and still a horrible coach on gameday. What has changed? His decision making ability on Sundays is horrible and when you can specifically remember important games he has lost, it is pretty bad.

Have you seen what his OVERALL record is against winning teams?? Oh my goodness, it's atrocious!

Jauron is a moron who has set this franchise back. his constant drafting of cornerbacks, his inability to manage a football game, and the non physical style of football he coaches means he will never be a winning coach in the nfl. but ralph got him cheap, so I guess he's ok

As far as Jauron,

I simply believe his entire coaching philosophy is based on not making mistakes and waiting for the other team to make them. In his mind, have a strong defense that doesn't make mistakes it will stop the other team and execute a basic mistake-free offense to score just enough to win. I'm sure he worships Brian Billick and the Ravens team the year they won the superbowl. I agree with the many others who have said he coaches not to lose instead of coaching to win. The entire point Jauron misses about that Ravens team is that they dictated the game with their aggressive defense whereas Dick simply tries to respond to what the other team is doing.

And everybody likes him but look at Buffalo's offenses since he came here. He's had to separate coordinators, Fairchild and Schonert. Any difference in how the offense performs in terms of play calling? But somehow the players seem to blame the o-coordinators instead of the head coach. I have a personal theory that when the offense gets into the red zone Jauron starts to dictate how the play calling will go. I also think the minute the offense makes a mistake he clamps down on the playcalling also. I think a lot of their issues with clock management are because Jauron's debating/questioning Schonert. And I attribute the mental mistakes to players frustration about playing on a team with no real identity. Anyone here ever played on any team with a coach who was mostly concerned about stopping the other team and playing mistake free? That means the other team is always dictating the course of the game and your team is simply trying to respond and you end up losing most of the time. Even worse, it's a lack of faith by the coach in your team's ability to dominate and so your game day morale is crap also.

Last season I got to watch the Buf/Cleveland game and that pretty much said it all. Even though Trent had a crappy game, the playcalling was decent outside the red zone, the faked punt (or was it a field goal?) was good timing. But near the end they were nursing a slim lead and DJ was in "milk the clock and pray for a long field goal" mode. Who DIDN'T know Cleveland would pull out that win? And in post game interviews Trent was quoted to the effect that Cleveland had completely changed their defense and he wasn't prepared what for what they threw at him. Right on DJ!

My only hope is that RW/Brandon had a long talk with DJ about growing a pair and playing to win/dictate a game. Sadly, it's my only hope for this season.

Don't misconstrue this comment as a disagreement with you, but...

"One got this feeling with JP a lot."

?????

Wasn't Losman one of the better ones at fooling the opposing D-line & drawing them offsides with his cadence & snap-count?

now I understand why

Am I the only one who thinks that Bills football (win or lose) is just plain boring to watch under Dicky J?

I feel asleep during games last year....

This year is Dick's swan song. With his ability to coach and win against teams with winning records and our schedule for next year, I see no better than a 5-11 season. I wish I could be more positive but with Skeletor behind the bench (and his number 1 fan Big Cat cheering behind him) this team is destined for failure.

Bills Football 2009 - Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I am looking forward to 2010 when Ralph hires a cheap coach out of college that defies his hiring practices and turns the team into a 12-4 juggernaut....see I can be positive!

I judge a leader on a few things, namely who they surround themselves as subordinates. If assistants aren't producing, changing them is necessary. If that person gets the changes wrong, they should be gone.

Jauron's also had personnel control for two franchises. Chicago from 99-00 and Buffalo at least to some extent from 06, owing to a lack of managerial experience in that area. The results are not very good, and I'm not clear why anyone delegates this responsibility to him.

It's fair to judge a coach after 8 complete seasons in the league, regardless of the circumstances. No manager walks into a perfect situation, but it's up to them to make it as solid as possible. Jauron hasn't done that.

I'm not in the slightest bit ashamed of my support of Dick Jauron.

The reasons I support Dick (couldn't help the dick joke) were once again confirmed tonight.

Just one more person who's worked with Jauron and who has nothing but praises for him. My source is an informed guy. He considers Dick a friend from Dick's time here in Chicago. He knows him professionally. He's seen Jauron in the locker room. He referred to him as the one of the most "under rated coaches in the league."

I feel bad blowing up my source in light of recent events, if you're truly curious about his identity, you're welcomed to PM me and I'll give you all the details about my source, so long as he stays private.

I won't respond to your PM if I've never heard of you.

really doesnt matter how nice of a guy he is or how much players like him

one winning season in 8 years as an NFL head coach is all that needs to be said

I would also like to add into the fray the fact that this is another professional source. You know, someone who actually knows something about what Dick Jauron does aside from what's shown on TV.

I see the same tired examples being thrown around- time out management, challenge management, play calling, blah blah blah. None of them have or ever will change my mind about Jauron. I think he's a great coach, and I think citing a handful of wayward challenges in three years is weak sauce.

I love that someone said [bad challengers/wasted time outs] happen so often he "can't remember them all." Well gee, isn't that convenient. As the last Jauron support left in Bill nation I watched the guy like a HAWK for the last 7 games of 2008 waiting for these so called "chronic" mistakes. Hardly saw a one.

If he had a talented roster, I think you'd all agree that petty things like TO's and challenges are basically non-issues. If you're enraged about me calling these particular blunders "non-issues", then cite specific losses (more than one) which were ultimately deterred by a wayward challenge/TO, and I'll show you A DOZEN player mistakes which should have rendered the slight time difference obselete.

I don't buy the "players' mistakes are coaches' mistakes" argument, so please don't bring that sh-t.

I'd venture to say that the 2009 Bills might be the most talented team he's ever coached, so before you tell me what an a-s kissing retard I am, let's just agree to reserve judgment.

I would also like to add into the fray the fact that this is another professional source. You know, someone who actually knows something about what Dick Jauron does aside from what's shown on TV.

I see the same tired examples being thrown around- time out management, challenge management, play calling, blah blah blah. None of them have or ever will change my mind about Jauron. I think he's a great coach, and I think citing a handful of wayward challenges in three years is weak sauce.

I love that someone said [bad challengers/wasted time outs] happen so often he "can't remember them all." Well gee, isn't that convenient. As the last Jauron support left in Bill nation I watched the guy like a HAWK for the last 7 games of 2008 waiting for these so called "chronic" mistakes. Hardly saw a one.

If he had a talented roster, I think you'd all agree that petty things like TO's and challenges are basically non-issues. If you're enraged about me calling these particular blunders "non-issues", then cite specific losses (more than one) which were ultimately deterred by a wayward challenge/TO, and I'll show you A DOZEN player mistakes which should have rendered the slight time difference obselete.

I don't buy the "players' mistakes are coaches' mistakes" argument, so please don't bring that sh-t.

I'd venture to say that the 2009 Bills might be the most talented team he's ever coached, so before you tell me what an a-s kissing retard I am, let's just agree to reserve judgment.

You watched the last 7 games that the Bills LOST like a Hawk. :blink: You are entitled to your opinion & the REST of Bills Nation is entitled to theirs.

DJ seems like a good guy. It is easy to hope he does well. The players were vocal in defending him.

As a Bills fan, I hope he does well. If not, I hope the next guy does well.

Look, I think you're one of the more well respected members here, but I've got to call you out on this one.

That reply was about as milk toast, vanilla and passionless of an answer that someone could ever come up with in regards to his or her feelings regarding Dick Jauron. You are seriously that apathetic towards Jauron's status as the head coach of the Bills? I assume you aren't this noncommittal in your criticisms here of the players during the season. If so, why do you give Dick a pass? Sorry, but as a Bills fan that non-committal answer irked me to no end. The guy has been here three years and the only thing you can say is that the players defend him and that you hope he does well? Did Dick suck the life blood out of you too? Other than hope, what are your true feelings about Dick Jauron as the head coach of your football team? Do you think he's good, bad or average? At least commit to that.

Look, I think you're one of the more well respected members here, but I've got to call you out on this one.

That reply was about as milk toast, vanilla and passionless of an answer that someone could ever come up with in regards to his or her feelings regarding Dick Jauron. You are seriously that apathetic towards Jauron's status as the head coach of the Bills? I assume you aren't this noncommittal in your criticisms here of the players during the season. If so, why do you give Dick a pass? Sorry, but as a Bills fan that non-committal answer irked me to no end. The guy has been here three years and the only thing you can say is that the players defend him and that you hope he does well? Did Dick suck the life blood out of you too? Other than hope, what are your true feelings about Dick Jauron as the head coach of your football team? Do you think he's good, bad or average? At least commit to that.

Haha, let me summarize for you, Pete:

PICK A SIDE!

Stop the insanity!

:blink: