TOTUS messes with obama.

You're really reading into what I said in a defensive manner without understanding what I was trying to say, which unfortunately makes me wonder if you're somehow related to my wife. As with my wife, I will save us both the trouble and just concede that the problem here is not your inability to understand, but my inability to properly communicate.

Let me try to be more clear. When the teleprompter breaks down, he falls apart. He simply can not pick up the thought. He has to wait for the next thought. It breaks the fourth wall, to use a theater term. For all the intelligence and convictions he is supposed to have, you'd think he could tap dance a little better when he loses his place. But he can not because he has become completely dependent on it.

Also, most conservatives I know readily admit that the Republican party is a mess. People act as though this is the first time in the history of the world that a political party was a mess. To my thinking, the very best thing that could happen to conservatives right now is to fall completely apart. It's a Buffalo Bills OL in a Bill Bellicheck* world. It needs to completely fall apart so it can be completely rebuilt by returning to its core. That's right. I said it. We need to lose out in order to get a good draft pick.

To that line of thinking, it's important (at least to me) that the saviour is not a Newt Gingrich-type because I would argue that would be no different than having Dick Jauron as a head coach. It's already been proven we can go 7-9 with the best of them. But 7-9 won't cut it. It's time for new blood and new leadership, and that starts with first hitting rock bottom. And we ain't near rock bottom yet. But until we're there, a new leader won't emerge. Talking heads like Gingrinch, Steele, Rove, Cheney...all they're doing is sticking fingers in leaks at this point. And to be honest, the emergence of a strong new leader is neither desired nor possible as long as Obama still rates in the mid-60s. The time to move will be when that number really begins dipping, and those numbers will start dipping quickly when one of a number of possible things happen...including, but not limited to (1) an extended recession ("Why is this taking so long? Gimme, gimme, gimme!"), (2) an attack on American soil, (3) the moment the administration realizes that $250,000 is too high of an income tax ceiling to pay for the spending and needs to be lowered to, say, $150,000 or (4) the moment Americans start seeing the effects AND the tab for things like nationalized health care and cap-n-trade.

So we can keep taunting each other because it's fun to pass the day, but the Democrats are the Patriots* right now and the GOP is the Bills, led by Dick Jauron and Ralph Wilson. And while I recognize I will spend time yelling that Tom Brady is a fag, it doesn't change the fact the he keeps kicking our ass.

Well, see, now that's a great post and very reasoned and reasonable thinking.

You do, however, relentlessly say on a daily basis that he's stupid, he's an idiot, what the !@#$ is he thinking, he's a moron, he's an empty suit, he's way over his head, he doesn't know what he's talking about, he doesn't understand, he's lost, he can't speak for himself, etc... so while your explanation above about the teleprompter makes total sense, and could well be true, that's not at all what you think, say or imply. :rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... that's not at all what you think, say or imply. :lol:

Or, is it quite possible, that this is just what you inferred? :nana:

And I know you've been gone for a while, so to bring you up to speed, lately to me he's an ass puppet on a four-fingered hand (Pelosi, Reid, Frank and Emanual). :rolleyes:

You try to understand the world around you? That's a laugh. You're at the top of the list of the most partisan people on here. The only reason you're any different than Wackamole-son is that you're a lot smarter and funnier and find original words and entertaining ways to display your myopic partisanship. But you don't see the other side one bit from where I sit.

I think the teleprompter stuff is funny, too. I joke about him myself about it. I thought he looked like an idiot the other day trying to read it. That's worth a lot of laughs and ribbing and he should rightfully be abused for it. The point and difference is, people like yourself that say he is lost or stupid or can't speak without it, and that he's an empty suit who can just give speeches when words are put in front of him. That, my friend, is the height of ignorance. The guy is brilliant and pretty much anyone that meets him and talks about it says so. I have yet to see anyone, Republican or Independent, say he is not smart. They may say "he just doesn't get it", meaning they think he is completely wrong on an issue. But pretty much everyone thinks he's a brilliant guy.

Those smarts does not make a great President. And they can easily make a bad President. And you're ultimately right that none of this crap matters, and if his policies work he will be considered good and if they don't he will be considered a failure.

Calling him dumb, however, is just plain dumb.

Oh, and the fall in numbers in the Republican party has been happening for quite some time, one of the major reasons for the Obama victory, the main reason Specter jumped ship today, and one of the major reasons I am not worried one bit about future elections right now. The right is whittling itself down to its core, all the while pushing out anyone in the middle. that's the best thing that could possibly happen to the other side. I didn't need a new poll to show me that and it's something I have said on here a few times before.

I completely see your side of this discussion, I do. The problem is you dont know how to stand back and look at things from another perspective. You may say at times that you disagree with what your man says, though I truly dont think you can stand back from an issue and see the other side. Its proven with what you post here.

I completely see your side of this discussion, I do. The problem is you dont know how to stand back and look at things from another perspective. You may say at times that you disagree with what your man says, though I truly dont think you can stand back from an issue and see the other side. Its proven with what you post here.

proven how? Refute any single point made in that post and tell me why it was "proven". I have a lot of opinions, some of them are strong opinions. But they aren't facts, they are just opinions and sometimes I am proven wrong in retrospect. I admit that. It doesn't seem like a lot of people here do admit it. After all, that would be surrendering like Obama was in Europe. But seriously, refute anything I said with any kind of analysis. I am very anxious to see it and admit I was wrong.

I bring up the leftists ragging on Bush for the sake of the people who have a short memory when they hear people on the right ragging on Obama. Please either try to follow the discussion or stop contributing to it.

And to help you with the other issues you seem to be having: sometimes you don't need to wait for a policy to fail in order to see that is has a high likelihood of failing. That's the beauty of the first 100 days. There is no real, documented failure because nothing has had a chance to take root yet. The first 100 days of ANY presidency is nothing more than a chance to point at things you haven't done yet and and talk about all the things you've done. It's like creating a list of things you've just finished doing with your day just so you can feel good about crossing them out.

And look...I understand your need to yell at the right for the sake of yelling, but seriously...is there any way you can contribute beyond asking rhetorical questions followed immediately by poisoning the well. I understand that works well when you're a college freshman, but most of the people here are not first-year college students, okay? Think for yourself. Have an opinion that is your own. Try it. Just try it.

I am not a "Lefty" and I am not a "Righty". If I see stupidity I call it out. If I see a Bush apologist

If the truth hurts too frakking bad.

failing policies? you want to say that to me? The Anti Bush crusader? Bush's policies FAILED before his first term was up!!!

That doesn't make any sense. If you realized that you have been swindled, had, hoodwinked and just plain !@#$ed over, you should be the one to leave, not the one to stay. The ones that are leaving are the disenchanted with how the Republicans have been acting. The ones who are staying are the hardcore.

All politicians are politicians, which means they will do a lot of stuff for political reasons, and not all of them are the most high-minded. Not all politicians are evil. A relative few of them aren't. I liked Clinton but thought he was terrible on a few things, a compulsive liar when he was in trouble, and a lout. I liked Reagan and thought the country needed him, I liked his personality and demeanor a lot, but I thought he was completely wrong on a lot of issues.

The point is I liked both of them but didnt think they were fabulous. If Clinton wasn't such a disingenuous jerk a large portion of the time, I would have liked him a helluva lot more. I thought he was very smart and a very good politician. If Reagan liked a few more things that I did I would have liked him a lot more. I like Obama because there isn't a lot I don't like about him. That's just a personal preference. I like the guy and I like his politics and I really like his personality and how he handles himself.

What the !@#$ are you talking about. The ones who feel they've been swindled, had, hoodwinked and just plain !@#$ed over ARE the ones leaving. So you like a politician whose a compulsive liar and a disingenuous jerk? Dude, you've got problems. I wouldn't even want someone like that as a casual friend let alone making policies that I have to live with.