The Poorpisses Drafted Pat White For Their Wildcat Offense

Are the Poorpisses going to do as well with the wildcat this year or do you think teams will be better prepared for it this year? Has the opposition figured out how to neutralize it? I think they aren't going 11-5 again this year. They'll have to have something more than the wildcat to work as effectively as it did last year. JMO

Are the Poorpisses going to do as well with the wildcat this year or do you think teams will be better prepared for it this year? Has the opposition figured out how to neutralize it? I think they aren't going 11-5 again this year. They'll have to have something more than the wildcat to work as effectively as it did last year. JMO

I think last year was sort of a fluke year. They had all the balls bounce their way, and most likely that won't happen again. The Wild Cat caught teams off gaurd, and teams I don't believe took them as serious as they will this year. I'm thinking they will go 8-8

The effectiveness did seem to fade out as the season went on. But with White they have the added element of the QB shifting out wide to line up as a WR and actually having a chance of making a reception.

I don't understand why defense's didn't take advantage of this last year. I would line up my nastiest player across from the QB and unload on him every time they snapped the ball with him lined up at WR. I bet after getting punished a few times a game they start to modify how they line up the QB in that offense.

I don't think the wildcat offense will be scrapped this season, especially with the Dolphins drafting White. I also don't think it will be used as much, nor be as effective this season either. It is kind of like when Flutie was All Pro his first year back in the NFL in '98, and then he struggled mightily his second season in '99. (Although he still fought his way to a 10-5-0 season as the starter, then had the playoff game ripped away from him because RJ went 1-0-0 in the last meaningless game at home against a bad Colts team. - but I digress....)

Flutie was a novelty that no team was ready for in '98, just like the wildcat was a novelty last season. Teams have a habit of watching tape and preparing for novelties from one season to the next. White may add some zip to the wildcat and even run some other stuff like the way the Steelers used "Slash" Stewart in the mid 90's. But I don't see the wildcat being featured as much by other teams as it was last season.

People started catching on to the Wild Cat.

If Parcells wants to have a Slash/Wild Cat he's not helping his team in the long run.

That stuff may fly in the reg season but I doubt it will work in the post season.

i think the only game the wildcat had great success was that first game against the pats.

They had absolutely no idea how to defend it because they'd never seen it before. You're right that after that it lost it's novelty. Now that teams have had an entire offseason to digest the film and they can use some of it themselves and now know how to defend it a lot better.

By the way, I thought your mock draft was fine. Those players would have helped the Bills too. Don't be so hard on yourself. I was hoping for Orapko to slip. He did, yet the Bills still went with Maybin. Time will tell who will be the better pass rusher.