John Edwards wife has breast cancer

Please try to retrieve your sense of humor...goodness..I'm just looking to get reactions.

Seriously...Melody's currently undergoing treatment for a precancerous mass.  It's pretty damned scary, and one of the reasons we didn't delay in getting married (being that husbands have far more legal rights than fiancees).  I sympathize with the Edwards clan...

101857[/snapback]

She's in my prayers Tom. Ironically, 2 months before our wedding Teresa underwent a similar procedure, but since the biopsy proved inconclusive, the mass was removed and sent off to a lab. I still thank God it was negative for cancer.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me? I think you have me confused with yourself. I haven't seen you offer any better explanation.

101863[/snapback]

The posts were aimed at John Edwards, NOT HIS WIFE. Naturally people are going to mention his past career and make statement based on the irony of the situation. Please try to understand this. Please.

Put your emotions aside and keep what was said in context.  No one is making light of cancer, no one is wishing Mrs. Edwards ill will.  Her hubby is the subject here, not her.

BTW - I lost my dad too, two years ago yesterday as a matter of fact.

101867[/snapback]

My first comments weren't the least bit emotional. But when it escalates to some dirtbag saying crap along the lines of "It's not like I gave her cancer," and "good things don't happen to bad people," then yeah, I get a pissed off. I don't know you, or how old you are, or how old your father was when he passed, but I'm blown away that you, of all people, would defend that scumbag's remarks.

Put your emotions aside and keep what was said in context.  No one is making light of cancer, no one is wishing Mrs. Edwards ill will.  Her hubby is the subject here, not her.

BTW - I lost my dad too, two years ago yesterday as a matter of fact.

101867[/snapback]

The subject of this thread is that Mrs. Edwards was diagnosed with cancer. If you feel a need to start another thread being critical of Mr. Edwards, feel free to do so. This is not the place for it.

Hey, it wasn't ME that gave her cancer....bad things don't happen to good people.

101809[/snapback]

YOU INSENSITIVE PRICK!

Am I a bad person? NO! I don’t think so!

Some SOB freaking hit my car and ran a few weeks ago. So I hope you’re happy a-hole! Should I send YOU the bill since you are obviously such an angel!?

Are the preceding posts examples of what W means by "compassionate" conservatism?

Nice show gentlemen.

101776[/snapback]

No poster wished Ms. Edwards anything but the best.

I've lived a lifetime seeing entities like St. Vincent de Paul, Christ Hospital, Jewish Hospital, The Salvation Army, Mercy Hospital, Sisters of Charity but have yet to see the "Liberal Hospital" or the "Secular Long-Term Care Center". Have you? Liberals are pleased to rely upon such when they are in need, but would never kick over one red cent to help them out or even establish one in the first place. Don't give out a lecture on compassion.

One aspect of compassion is not putting medical folks into a state of constant fear lest they get sued out of existence so that the field dries up and treatment cost rises - basic economics there.

Oh sorry. I guess I can smoke 3 packs a day, eat tons of fatty foods, never exercise except clicking a remote control, do drugs, guzzle beer, and then sue because other people didn't hold my hand like a child and protect me from my own adulthood. Of course, if that was done, I'd just have to sue for pushing me around, daring to critize my choices in life, and assaulting my civil rights.

YOU INSENSITIVE PRICK!

Am I a bad person? NO! I don’t think so!

Some SOB freaking hit my car and ran a few weeks ago. So I hope you’re happy a-hole! Should I send YOU the bill since you are obviously such an angel!?

102006[/snapback]

This from the guy who used this thread as an opportunity to promote the idea that liberals will do anything for a sympathy vote. :unsure::D

At this point, despite some good initial sentiment, this whole thread is a disgrace and should probably be removed. That is, unless some of the...well let's just say "less sensitive contributers" really want this conversation to remain on the record.

This from the guy who used this thread as an opportunity to promote the idea that liberals will do anything for a sympathy vote.  :unsure:  :D

At this point, despite some good initial sentiment, this whole thread is a disgrace and should probably be removed. That is, unless some of the...well let's just say "less sensitive contributers" really want this conversation to remain on the record.

102034[/snapback]

Well yeah, that's true. I didn't want any sympathy for my fender bender. I just feel I didn't deserve it. That's all. Why should I be inconvenienced and miss a day of work?

102034[/snapback]

Yeah...let's move it over to the "I'm Sensitive - Pass the Tissues" board....

Well yeah, that's true. I didn't want any sympathy for my fender bender. I just feel I didn't deserve it. That's all. Why should I be inconvenienced and miss a day of work?

102045[/snapback]

I'm sure your uplifting comments about the mentally handicapped had nothing to do with it.

No poster wished Ms. Edwards anything but the best.

I've lived a lifetime seeing entities like St. Vincent de Paul, Christ Hospital, Jewish Hospital, The Salvation Army, Mercy Hospital, Sisters of Charity but have yet to see the "Liberal Hospital" or the "Secular Long-Term Care Center".  Have you?  Liberals are pleased to rely upon such when they are in need, but would never kick over one red cent to help them out or even establish one in the first place. Don't give out a lecture on compassion.

One aspect of compassion is not putting medical folks into a state of constant fear lest they get sued out of existence so that the field dries up and treatment cost rises - basic economics there.

Oh sorry. I guess I can smoke 3 packs a day, eat tons of fatty foods, never exercise except clicking a remote control, do drugs, guzzle beer, and then sue because other people didn't hold my hand like a child and protect me from my own adulthood. Of course, if that was done, I'd just have to sue for  pushing me around, daring to critize my choices in life, and assaulting my civil rights.

102024[/snapback]

I hope you feel better. Perhaps your little rant makes you feel justified in your calloussnes. But here are some things to consider:

1. -I'm much more moderate than liberal, but you go on ahead and throw around those labels. It shows how smart you are. Really.

2.- Every taxpayer contriibutes to non-profits. Did you forget that whole "tax-exempt status thingy?" All taxpayers share the burden. Also, this taxpayer and his wife have contributed over $5000 this year to our church's offertory. In addition, we donate money to United Way, a homeless mission, the Nat'l MS Society, and more.

3.- You need not worry about "medical folks" being placed in a state of fear. If they do their job, they have nothing to worry about. Funny how you are so eager to transfer blame and responsibility when it fits your party's platform.

4.- I don't care what you smoke, drink, or otherwise ingest. That's your business.

5.- Little men look funny on a high horse.

You're VERY wrong about that.  VERY.

102099[/snapback]

I know 2 doctors (an internist and a neurologist) who would disagree. In fact, they both said that they don't worry about being sued at all.