John Edwards wife has breast cancer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, no one wishes this on her.  Get it?

101784[/snapback]

So while we wouldn't "wish" it on her, making light of it is OK? I think not, and forgive my crassness, but :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: if you do. Cancer's no joke.

So while we wouldn't "wish" it on her, making light of it is OK?  I think not, and forgive my crassness, but  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: if you do.  Cancer's no joke.

101792[/snapback]

Hey, it wasn't ME that gave her cancer....bad things don't happen to good people.

Your post just assumes doctors are afraid to treat litigators.  I was referring to the ones above yours.  Sorry for not being clearer.

101783[/snapback]

No Problem.

But I don't think my assumption is that far off. The Doctors and Lawyers here in Florida went toe to toe on Ammendments here tuesday. Its clear there's a problem on both sides.

Hey, it wasn't ME that gave her cancer....bad things don't happen to good people.

101809[/snapback]

I'll be sure to remember that on my next trip to WNY to "see" my family.

My father was killed in a car wreck 7 weeks before my mother finally lost her battle with cancer. But hey, it's not like YOU killed them, and there's a good joke in there somewhere, right?

101809[/snapback]

You couldn't be more wrong. Bad things do happen to good people, but the true measure of the person is how they deal with the adversity. Do they become a 'victim' or do they take their lumps and carry on? That which does not kill us make us stronger. My $.02

So while we wouldn't "wish" it on her, making light of it is OK?  I think not, and forgive my crassness, but  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: if you do.  Cancer's no joke.

101792[/snapback]

I purposely stayed out of this thread until I read your post. It's a sensitve subject for me, but I also understand why the other posts were made. Any fool can understand why they were made. Karma can be a biotch sometimes, don't you think?

Karma can be a biotch sometimes, don't you think?

101840[/snapback]

So if "Karma can be a biotch" what specifically is this cancer retribution for? Being a liberal? Please tell me that this isn't your thought process.

Are the preceding posts examples of what W means by "compassionate" conservatism?

Nice show gentlemen.

101776[/snapback]

And what would you expect from a group of pinheads? Ah well. All that poison will get them in the end.

Your post just assumes doctors are afraid to treat litigators.  I was referring to the ones above yours.  Sorry for not being clearer.

101783[/snapback]

Please try to retrieve your sense of humor...goodness..I'm just looking to get reactions.

Seriously...Melody's currently undergoing treatment for a precancerous mass. It's pretty damned scary, and one of the reasons we didn't delay in getting married (being that husbands have far more legal rights than fiancees). I sympathize with the Edwards clan...

No.  But I do think you must be an incredibly miserable person.  I hope things turn around for you.

101850[/snapback]

Put your emotions aside and keep what was said in context. No one is making light of cancer, no one is wishing Mrs. Edwards ill will. Her hubby is the subject here, not her.

BTW - I lost my dad too, two years ago yesterday as a matter of fact.