Just heard Ashcroft is toast

They were reporting that both Ashcroft and Powell are gone this morning.  They mentioned who the replacements are.  I believe it was Rudy for Ashcroft.  Powell's replacement was some former UN Ambassador if I remember correctly.

101586[/snapback]

Rudy....really? Interesting.

They were reporting that both Ashcroft and Powell are gone this morning.  They mentioned who the replacements are.  I believe it was Rudy for Ashcroft.  Powell's replacement was some former UN Ambassador if I remember correctly.

101586[/snapback]

Rudy? No sh*t!

I believe it.  Running around covering up all the naked breasts on sculptures can be exhausting...  <_<

101583[/snapback]

Now he can run around and cover live naked breasts in Cancun.

He's gonna need his rest for when he gets nominated for the Supreme Court. It also conveniently gets him out of the public eye for a while...let someone else take the beating on elimination of civil rights.

So, does Bush nominate a moderate judge first, to test the waters? Or does he try to ram Ashcroft down our throats right away? He could have up to 3 or four chances this term.

Dansforth was the person expected to replace Powell. Just overheard it in talk on the train today.

There was another name for Ashcroft, but Rudy seemed to be the main one. I believe it was a AG from either NY or PA. Some younger guy, can't remember who they said.

Traditionally, all Cabinet Members are asked for their resignation by a re-elected President. The President then accepts or declines the resignation. Cabinet changes are common, sometimes mid-term (Warren Christopher for Madeline Albright, Les Aspin for Wm. Cohen are examples under the Clinton regime).

Ashcroft honorably removed his name from the Missouri Senate race so that the widow of the late Mel Carnahan could sweep into the seat. Her candidacy was not exactly legal.

He was villified by the leftist, as we know. But not Janet Reno (Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian Gonzalez, Oklahoma City, Lippo Group, Buddhist monks, Vince Foster, Ron Brown, nuclear secrets to Red China and so on).

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Rudy in the White House?  He can kiss his hopes of ever being elelcted president good-bye!  The zealots have spoken, Rudy will get shreaded if he runs for president.  He has lots of skeltons in his closet....

101749[/snapback]

He keeps Red Skelton's kids in his closet? EWWWWW!!!! <_<:devil:

Rudy's a joke... if he gets elected President in 2008, we've gone to hell.

Amend the Constitution, and get Arnold in there as President, damnit!!!! :)

Dansforth was the person expected to replace Powell.  Just overheard it in talk on the train today. 

There was another name for Ashcroft, but Rudy seemed to be the main one.  I believe it was a AG from either NY or PA.  Some younger guy, can't remember who they said.

101712[/snapback]

As I said earlier, I think John Danforth would be a good choice. The fact that he's an ordained minister would probably drive some here bugs&!#, though.

I can't see Mike Fisher getting it, but maybe. And the AG in NYS, Elliot Spitzer, is a Democrat.....

Traditionally, all Cabinet Members are asked for their resignation by a re-elected President. The President then accepts or declines the resignation. Cabinet changes are common, sometimes mid-term (Warren Christopher for Madeline Albright, Les Aspin for Wm. Cohen are examples under the Clinton regime).

Ashcroft honorably removed his name from the Missouri Senate race so that the widow of the late Mel Carnahan could sweep into the seat. Her candidacy was not exactly legal.

He was villified by the leftist, as we know. But not Janet Reno (Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian Gonzalez, Oklahoma City, Lippo Group, Buddhist monks, Vince Foster, Ron Brown, nuclear secrets to Red China and so on).

101741[/snapback]

Ashcroft did nothing of the kind. Where do you get this revisionist history? He didn't remove his name. He lost to Mel Carnahan whose name could not be removed from the ballot under Missouri law. He was therefore elected posthumously and the governor appointed a successor and he chose Jean Carnahan, Mel's wife. Aschroft did not remove his name from the ballot and in fact, nearly won. It would, as you have stated, been "honorable" for him to have removed his name but instead, he dishonorably refused to do so.

Ascroft loses to dead man

Story on Ascrofts continued campaigning after Mel Carnahan's death

The others I understand.....but why the release of Colton Powell?

I thought he was in the good graces?

102127[/snapback]

Powell, as I understand it, only signed on for one term from the start, and had no intention of serving a second term either way.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Ashcroft did nothing of the kind.  Where do you get this revisionist history?  He didn't remove his name.  He lost to Mel Carnahan whose name could not be removed from the ballot under Missouri law.  He was therefore elected posthumously and the governor appointed a successor and he chose Jean Carnahan, Mel's wife.  Aschroft did not remove his name from the ballot and in fact, nearly won.  It would, as you have stated, been "honorable" for him to have removed his name but instead, he dishonorably refused to do so.

Ascroft loses to dead man

Story on Ascrofts continued campaigning after Mel Carnahan's death

102030[/snapback]

WAIT!!!!! What about 'Mad as a Hare' Bunning in Kentucky getting elected?

They'll elect a crazy old coot in Kentucky, so I guess I'm not driving through THERE again...! :unsure: