Nick Hennessey SI Grade 2.90

Position: T

Class: Senior

School: Colgate

Conference: Patriot League

Ht. 6-6

Wt.: 305

40 Time: 5.29

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter who played 34 straight games with the first team at Colgate. All-Conference selection the past two years and named as an All-American after his senior season.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized wall-off blocker best in a small area. Blocks with good knee bend, gets leverage on opponents, and turns defenders off the line. Quick in his head, immediately picks up stunts or twists, and plays with a nasty attitude, looking to hit as many defenders as possible off a single snap. Anchors in pass protection, displays good punch with his hands, and gets movement run blocking. Easily controls opponents at the point of attack, and works well with teammates.

NEGATIVES: Must block with better balance, as he is on the ground too much. Struggles blocking in motion, and has difficulties hitting a moving target.

ANALYSIS: Hennessey has been a productive small-school lineman, and he's a well-sized blocker with growth potential. He's strictly a strong-side or right-tackle prospect, and is a developmental player who should get late-round consideration, and may be stashed on a practice squad for a year or two.

PROJECTION: Free Agent

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/16983.html

Oh, and I'd never mess with you, Beerball! :rolleyes:

The main player we've nabbed as an undrafted FA so far is Joel Bell/OT/Furman. This is the guy that we needed to go out and get. I'm almost certain that he will make the team and serve as depth. He's a big guy with good athletecism at the position. I thought we might draft him in the 5th or 6th rounds and now we sign him as a UFA. Ok, I'm happy now. :rolleyes:
Bell has lived much of his life outside the United States and didn't begin playing football regularly until his junior year of high school.

:w00t: upside!

link

DE Ventrell Jenkins, Buffalo Bills. After playing as a defensive tackle his first three seasons, Jenkins (Columbia, S.C.) moved to end as a senior and had a career-high 43 stops. Jenkins was SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week in the win at Mississippi State and capped his career as the Most Valuable Player of the AutoZone Liberty Bowl when he returned a fumble 56 yards for the game-winning touchdown. He totaled 102 tackles, 15 tackles for loss and 9.5 QB sacks as a Wildcat.

Any UK watchers?