Seahawks pull franchise tag off Leroy Hill (possible LB for us?)

Fingon

Drafting Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry in the first round triggered an immediate ripple effect on the Seattle Seahawks’ roster.

According to Eric Williams of the Tacoma News-Tribune, the Seahawks have rescinded the franchise tag on linebacker Leroy Hill in a move that immediately frees up salary cap space and makes him an unrestricted free agent.

Hill hadn’t shown up for minicamps after not signing his $8.3 million one-year tender and reportedly turned down a six-year, $36 million offer sheet. However, team officials said that they plan to continue to negotiate with Hill even now that the tag has been removed.

Per the report, the transaction was executed just hours after the Seahawks tabbed Curry, the Dick Butkus Award winner, as the fourth overall pick. Of course, the cap money that was assigned to Hill will be taken up in large part by Curry’s pending rookie deal.

Arrested in January on a marijuana possession charge in Atlanta, Hill apologized for the incident. That off-field incident doesn’t seem to be the reason behind the decision to pull the tag.

He wants over $6 million a year... but one can always dream.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/26/...-franchise-tag/

Great Idea, because a grouchy holdout player who was just arrested is what we're looking for.

Get Keiaho in here today, Russ.

He's one hell of a LB, though... and we need to replace Ellison badly. (Keiaho is a good option, too.)

Is he with Indy ? Or Free Agent ?

Keiaho is a cover 2 WLB, who is currently a FA because so few teams are using the Cover 2. He is much better than Ellison. My guess is that the Bills haven't signed him yet because they want to see how the draft plays out.

Keiaho is a cover 2 WLB, who is currently a FA because so few teams are using the Cover 2. He is much better than Ellison. My guess is that the Bills haven't signed him yet because they want to see how the draft plays out.

Thank you. Ok....Free Agent...so we can have him without compensation....thats what i want to here ;-)