Next pick will be

Who do you think our next pick is going to be.

I like what I saw from Alex Boone OT purely from combine. 6'7" 328, bench 33 times and still clocked in the top 10 for 40 yard dash. If you want a guy to build up as a starter for a late round pick, I like this one.

"By no means is Boone perfect -- see game tape against speedy Florida and LSU past BCS games, or his arrest for driving under the influence in April 2006 -- but NFL teams will take into account his steady play, durability and willingness to work. He's a four-year starter who was named All-Big Ten the past two seasons. Boone may lack the athleticism to handle left tackle in the NFL, but he could enjoy a lengthy career on the right side. Had an arm span of 34 3/8 inches and a hand span of 9 7/8 inches at the combine."

Just found this little bit of info, but if we think we can straighten him out, looks like that may be the reason he fell.

What do you think our next pick is going to be.

I like what I saw from Alex Boone OT purely from combine. 6'7" 328, bench 33 times and still clocked in the top 10 for 40 yard dash. If you want a guy to build up as a starter for a late round pick, I like this one.

"By no means is Boone perfect -- see game tape against speedy Florida and LSU past BCS games, or his arrest for driving under the influence in April 2006 -- but NFL teams will take into account his steady play, durability and willingness to work. He's a four-year starter who was named All-Big Ten the past two seasons. Boone may lack the athleticism to handle left tackle in the NFL, but he could enjoy a lengthy career on the right side. Had an arm span of 34 3/8 inches and a hand span of 9 7/8 inches at the combine."

Just found this little bit of info, but if we think we can straighten him out, looks like that may be the reason he fell.

OLB

I hope they stick to building a tough team rather than the soft team we have seen in the past. Levitre, Maybin, Wood and Byrd all have toughness. Gotta love Byrd having 200 tackles.

Maybe they target a DT like Terrance Taylor of Michigan. Maybe a DE. I think Bowen and Digiorgio provide lb depth. Ellison and Maybin will share the other lb.

TE is a mystery. I don't think they would have traded their third pick if they were worried about the position.

OLB

DeAndre Levy or Jason Williams both look like they'd be a solid Day 2 pickup. OLB depth and both are good STs.... could push Ellison, even.

We still have Bowen coming back, but his knee injury has to be taken into account (never good for lateral movement) and guard against if he can't come back from it.

Our LBs have tended to miss games, so we need to build some depth here. It'd be nice to have a LB size again to bust some holes on returns, especially given the rules changes disallowing wedges.

Hope one is left late in the 4th.