goddamnnn Byrd looks like a gamer

I was initially upset before I thought of him at safety...honestly, I am starting to really like this pick, and I think with him at Safety we are in for a big surprise here...

For me, Maybin is the big question mark, but if he pans out I think 3 years from now the Bills will have the best draft of this year because I think both our OL players will do very well for us and this kid Byrd is a serious gamer

I was initially upset before I thought of him at safety...honestly, I am starting to really like this pick, and I think with him at Safety we are in for a big surprise here...

For me, Maybin is the big question mark, but if he pans out I think 3 years from now the Bills will have the best draft of this year because I think both our OL players will do very well for us and this kid Byrd is a serious gamer

Same. I almost chucked my beer through the window when I saw "CB" on this screen. My first thought was "he better be our !@#$ing safety," and now that I see how ridiculously well he projects there, I'm very excited.

People need to man up and stop being so ignorant about a DB pick. OMFG!!!1!!1!!! another cornerbackz!!!!! He's our SAFETY and could be a special player for us.

byrd could be the next ed reed. i'm happy with our picks right now, i agree that maybin is the big question mark

Maybin has huge upside, but is the least proven...if he pans out, this draft will have been huge. I agree...Byrd has the potential to become special at Safety, he's a ball hawk and he can tackle...sounds a lot like Ed Reed...

Same. I almost chucked my beer through the window when I saw "CB" on this screen. My first thought was "he better be our !@#$ing safety," and now that I see how ridiculously well he projects there, I'm very excited.

yup, when i saw CB in the second, i almost threw a full can of beer at the TV until i realized he was a better FS than CB

I admit I was fuming mad when I saw that the Bills had drafted a CB instead of taking Everette Brown at 42. Then after taking a deep breath and actually looking into the pick, I realized that he was very much suited to the FS position in our D and was a solid playmaker. Certainly an upgrade from the million dollar man Ko Simpson. Right now, three of our four picks are day one starters, and Maybin is going to see more and more playing time over the course of the season as he gets better.

I think he and Chris Ellis are going to surprise some people this year when they get their opportunities. Those two may be our future at the DE position, especially if Ellis shows solid improvement over his limited playing time from last season.

bye roscoe! and most likely bye mcgee next year!

I actually think we will extend McGee this year, maybe even before the season starts which is why I think they let Greer go...

Because of McGee's age, he wont break the bank like a Clements or Winfield did when they hit FA...

I actually think we will extend McGee this year, maybe even before the season starts which is why I think they let Greer go...

Because of McGee's age, he wont break the bank like a Clements or Winfield did when they hit FA...

hopefully you're right, mcgee is good as long as you forget the miami game when he got torched by ted ginn, but mcgee was injured... we have a great secondary, i really hope maybin is good

I've watched Oregon play several times over the last few years and it seemed like Byrd was making plays every time. I remember him as a stout looking CB that seemed to be always in the middle of the action. He hadn't even crossed my mind until we drafted him. And then I was like, Yeah that Byrd dude,he can play!

My guess is that opening day starters at the safety positions will be Whitner and Scott. I would imagine that they will bring in Byrd initially on any 3 safety/nickel formations, with the idea of Byrd supplanting Scott by the end of the year or the following one.