Why trade with Dallas?

I guess the reports are that Byrd will/might be switched to FS where he could excel in a cover-2 defense..hes a ball-hawk and good run stuffer..not sure if they plan on him rotating with Whitner or starting at FS and moving Whitner back to SS...But, I would rather have seen a TE or OLB for sure.

sad part is, we probably could have drafted levitre in the second, and got byrd in the third, but i'm not complaining.

Again, I'm not ecstatic about the Byrd pick, but he was a highly rated CB (Between what NFLN, ESPN, and various online rankings I've looked at, he was the 5th best CB) and there was a big run on CB's in the second round. I'd say there was almost no chance he would be there in the 3rd. So if they really wanted him, I think they took him at the right time.

sad part is, we probably could have drafted levitre in the second, and got byrd in the third, but i'm not complaining.

You won't complain until tomorrow when you find out we won't be picking until #121 in the 4th Round, 56 picks from the beginning of tomorrow's festivities.

Byrd will be starting at FS for the Bills before the bye week.

As for the trade, NFLN just said that NE was going to take him with the pick right after Dallas pick they we acquired. So, it sounds like Russ pulled one over on the Cheatriots.

You won't complain until tomorrow when you find out we won't be picking until #121 in the 4th Round, 56 picks from the beginning of tomorrow's festivities.

thats funny because i probably will B word about somebody we missed out on

meh, thats ok. we already got 4 picks in before round 3 even starts. not much to watch tomorrow anyways. most of the anxiousness is over.

Wouldn't it have been better to just draft a lineman and get our cb later?

I think that New England sniffed it out and that is why they traded with Oakland for two picks in a row (#40 and #41). I think that they knew that we were going for a DB and that's why they locked up Darius Butler right before us. I'm wondering if that's who we really wanted at #42 and then were forced to go to plan B.

It's funny, when the Raiders were on the clock and I realized that the Patriots were right in front of us, I started thinking that it would have been great for us to cash in on Ralph's friendship with Al Davis and trade with them and stick it to Belichick. Of course that didn't happen and that smug bastard Belichick made a nice move. I didn't even think about a CB at that point, I was wanting Connor Barwin and I thought that New England did too.

Wouldn't it have been better to just draft a lineman and get our cb later?

although I wasnt crazy about drafting a CB it looks like he is gonna play safety and they only gave up a 4th round pick to move up from their 3rd round pick back into the second which isnt much to pay at all so in the end it really doesnt matter

a lineman in the 2nd, a CB in the 3rd and still have their 4th or the DB and O-lineman they wanted in the second and only giving up their 4th....i think its worth giving up the 4th to get the players you want

FWIW in the ProFootball Weekly magazine Nolan Nawrocki had Byrd rated as his #2 CB behind only Malcolm Jenkins. He thought he'd go in the 2nd-3rd round range, but he personally had him rated above Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith and Darius Butler.