Byrd confirms he is a Safety on WGR interview

Fingon

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me hate the pick slightly less. It's just tough to be happy when there were very good O/D Linemen still there for the taking.

3 seasons from now this could be a great pick - we really need a physical presence in the middle. Really haven't had it since Leonard Smith left (Lawyer could have been that guy but really wasn't).

My boy Shulz used to knock blocks off if I remember correct. :wallbash: But your point is taken...I hope Byrd is that guy.

My boy Shulz used to knock blocks off if I remember correct. :wallbash: But your point is taken...I hope Byrd is that guy.

Right on. I'll never forget the shot he put on Moose Johnson in a preseason game. Tell me about your aviater and the Thai rooster?

Whitner was playing FS because Simpson was so terrible. The Bills thought that it would be better to move Whitner from SS than have Scott try and play FS.

i understand why they did it last year but Whitner himself said he would be playing FS this year

i understand why they did it last year but Whitner himself said he would be playing FS this year

Well, those plans may have just changed. Guess we'll see.

My boy Shulz used to knock blocks off if I remember correct. :huh: But your point is taken...I hope Byrd is that guy.

I liked Kurt but he seemed to tattoo our guys more than the opponents. I don't think he was much of a ball hawk (as this guy is projected to be) but at least he was a guy who made opposing WRs think about going over the middle. Simpson looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

I liked Kurt but he seemed to tattoo our guys more than the opponents. I don't think he was much of a ball hawk (as this guy is projected to be) but at least he was a guy who made opposing WRs think about going over the middle. Simpson looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Schulz was kind of an enigma. He hit like a train, had 21 picks in 5 years as a starter for us, but something was missing. I do think he was our last intimidating safety before Whitner. Milloy intimidated the Patriots for one shell-shocked week in 2003 and that's about it. I gotta say that if Byrd works out, I could fall in love with McKelvin-Youboty-Whitner-Byrd-Corner-McGee in a dime.

Schulz was kind of an enigma. He hit like a train, had 21 picks in 5 years as a starter for us, but something was missing. I do think he was our last intimidating safety before Whitner. Milloy intimidated the Patriots for one shell-shocked week in 2003 and that's about it. I gotta say that if Byrd works out, I could fall in love with McKelvin-Youboty-Whitner-Byrd-Corner-McGee in a dime.

I had such high hopes for Milloy. :huh:

I don't follow college football much but it's tough to argue with this first day because the potential is certainly there.

It makes me hate the pick slightly less. It's just tough to be happy when there were very good O/D Linemen still there for the taking.

3 seasons from now this could be a great pick - we really need a physical presence in the middle. Really haven't had it since Leonard Smith left (Lawyer could have been that guy but really wasn't).

60 solo tackles, 4 games in a row w/takeaways, 84 tackles, career 17 ints. Kid put up the stats. Hopefully a day 1 starting safety.

He certainly has ball skills and the reports on him are "a sure tackler" - neither of which are Ko Simpson's strengths.

:huh: Ahhhhh, Antoine....I miss you everyday :censored:

In this clusterfck of a decade, few things genuinely made me smile more than watching 'Toine drop 260 lb. TEs with ease.