What has been our best draft pick since the SB-era?

Forget about actual career acomplishments, which pick has looked the best ON DRAFT DAY?

Honestly, I would say the Mike Williams pick.

Obviously it backfired to the extreme,

but on draft day it looked like a sure-fire, can't miss, pick who would anchor our line for a decade.

Forget about actual career acomplishments, which pick has looked the best ON DRAFT DAY?

but on draft day it looked like a sure-fire, can't miss, pick who would anchor our line for a decade.

no -

it was stupid from the very beginning to pay a RT $40 mil when you had no LT - and you just passed on a guy that never gave up a sack at LT

not to mention he came with the typical Mack Brown baggage and was fat and unmotivated to boot.

Rueben Brown...the Bills running game needed a lift and they did the right thing and took a Guard that could step right in and play and he did just that

Mike Wiiliams was a horrible pick the second they made the selection...it should have been McKinnie. You dont take a RT in the top 5 and you especially dont take one over a LT

Rueben Brown...the Bills running game needed a lift and they did the right thing and took a Guard that could step right in and play and he did just that

Mike Wiiliams was a horrible pick the second they made the selection...it should have been McKinnie

Brown was the pick that came to my mind. In terms of Williams vs McKinnie honestly in retrospect it should have been John Henderson.

no -

it was stupid from the very beginning to pay a RT $40 mil when you had no LT - and you just passed on a guy that never gave up a sack at LT

not to mention he came with the typical Mack Brown baggage and was fat and unmotivated to boot.

I think he also had a chronic ankle problem.

McGahee was a surprise...but with the emotion of draft day, you had visioons of the Miami U McGahee running across the goaline for the bills. Both Whitner and Evans were "what? Who?" picks IMO. I also liked getting Poz...although i though he would have been considered a success by now; the jury is still out...

Eric Smedley a defensive back from Indiana. The Bills snagged him with their 7th round pick back in 1996 - #249, only 6 picks higher then "Mr. Irrelevant." That day, I really thought the guy would make the team and finish his career with at least 1 tackle, 1 interception and 3 sacks. Alas, he only ended up with 2 sacks for his career as a Bill, 0 tackles and 0 interceptions. But on that draft day, I really thought Smedley was the steal of the draft!

Please expect many more posts similar to this one asking us not to care about "career accomplishments." :thumbdown:

I was overcome with excitement when we traded up and took Losman.

i really hope this is sarcasm...trading up for Losman was a panic move by TD who was deadset on drafting a QB high in that draft

Probably Lynch, or McKelvin.

I change my answer from before...I was *PUMPED* last year when we got McKelvin. There was no doubt our need was CB...so when none had gone when we picked and we got to choose our guy, i was really happy. Last year's performance obviously enhances that excitement. McKelvin might be my favorite Bill...

I hear ya, ESPN loved the big goofball, you saw his face all weekend long.

But I really liked the Evans pick on draft day, very pleasant surprise when his name was called.