How good is Maybin?

Totally agree. I don't think Buffalo takes anyone who is even somewhat developmental. They need instant starters with their top 2, maybe 3 picks, because the entire organization should be riding on this draft.

They're going to take a guy with less upside but the ability to start as opposed to selecting someone with lots of potential who might not be ready to go from Day 1.

That's not the way to build a team, but if you're desperate like Buffalo, you've got to win now. What irks me is they had chances in UFA to sign players and didn't for money reasons. Now they've put so much pressure on drafting immediate starters who of course will make less.

Like which players?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a PSU Alum/Season Ticket holder and closely follow the program, so I have a bit of perspective on why he didn't start before.

Maybin is a weak-side Defensive End in the Penn State system, and going into the season we had Maurice Evans playing that position. Evans was projected by most as a top 15 pick. But around a week before the season started he got busted for smoking weed and suspended for a solid 4 games, which gave the opportunity for Maybin to start.

so it's not a question of Motivation - Aaron was just a RS Sophomore this year, playing behind a Pre-season All-American. It's a question of having a loaded depth chart. But the fact that when Evans came back, that he ended up splitting time at Strong side-DE (and why he had such a poor season btw - Evans is going to be a steal late in the draft), should tell you just how good Maybin was this year.

I don't think he's a 1-year wonder because he's just getting started. He doesn't really compare to any of our past DEs at Penn State because of his body-type and playing style. Penn State usually prefers bigger, taller guys at DE like Michael Haynes and Courtney Brown. But if I had to compare him to anyone it's Dwight Freeney.

And just an FYI Mike Haynes wasn't a one-year wonder. He was a two year starter at PSU, and I think lettered in 3 years. He was a very productive player for Penn State

good stuff. will make me feel a little better if he is the Bills pick.