Another Mock- My personal Fav

If Raji and Oher are on the board at 11, I can't see the Bills taking Orakpo.

Why not? He fills a need. I know the man-love for Raji is pretty intense on this board, but DT isn't as much as a need as DE is. I don't know who I'd take between Raji and Orakpo, probably Raji. But I really like Orapko, even if he is from UT. Raji doesn't really fill a need especially with the talks of bringing Big John Henderson in (who knows if that'll actually happen) and having a pretty good DT tandem already and having ZERO pass rush off the edge.

Now if we take Oher over either of them I'll lose my sh--.

Why not? He fills a need. I know the man-love for Raji is pretty intense on this board, but DT isn't as much as a need as DE is. I don't know who I'd take between Raji and Orakpo, probably Raji. But I really like Orapko, even if he is from UT. Raji doesn't really fill a need especially with the talks of bringing Big John Henderson in (who knows if that'll actually happen) and having a pretty good DT tandem already and having ZERO pass rush off the edge.

Now if we take Oher over either of them I'll lose my sh--.

The only DE worth drafting at #11 is Jackson

the rest are tweeners who need to play in a 3-4.

Bills need to get bigger and more physical on the DL - not draft small part time pass rushers

The only DE worth drafting at #11 is Jackson

the rest are tweeners who need to play in a 3-4.

Bills need to get bigger and more physical on the DL - not draft small part time pass rushers

How is Orakpo a 'tweener at 6'3" 260?? He outweighs Schobel by 15 lbs!

great point of comparison

Bills fans are seriously confused because they base reality on how the Bills have built their team

260 is what LBs should weigh - and he played at much less

Orakpo's bigger problem is that he played for Mack Brown at Texas - the bust rate of Texas players is incredibly high

see if you can find even a handful of high picks that have performed well in the NFL

Mike Williams is a start

no thanks

Although I don't fancy Orakpo, Leo's right...if a team likes him there's no reason that he can't play end in a 4-3. There are smaller guys doing it successfully right now (Robert Mathis to name one).

If Raji and Oher are on the board at 11, I can't see the Bills taking Orakpo.

Nor can I. DT is the major need that seems completely off the fans' radar this offseason. Assuming that McCargo gets canned, they have only three on the entire roster, two of which are better suited as backups. Then there's the atrocious Bills run defense, which allowed 1946 yards and 18 TDs...and the scary thing is, it was probably their best year since 2004 versus the run.

Its a position that needs a starter and needs depth. The problem is that once you get past Raji, whom I view as the best defensive player in this draft, this is an awful group of DTs. If he's on the board at 11, I think they'd be crazy to pass on him.

great point of comparison

Bills fans are seriously confused because they base reality on how the Bills have built their team

260 is what LBs should weigh - and he played at much less

Orakpo's bigger problem is that he played for Mack Brown at Texas - the bust rate of Texas players is incredibly high

see if you can find even a handful of high picks that have performed well in the NFL

Mike Williams is a start

no thanks

Starting from '99, 1st or 2nd round picks from UT:

99 Ricky Williams

01 Leonard Davis / Casey Hampton

02 Mike Williams / Quentin Jammer

04 Roy Williams / Marcus Tubbs

05 Cedric Benson / Derrick Johnson

06 Vince Young / Michael Huff / Cedric Griffin

07 Michael Griffin / Aaron Ross / Justin Blaylock / Tim Crowder

08 Limas Sweed

certainly more misses than hits