Random thoughts on random Bills' related draft prospects

...basing his opinion soley on NFL.com's combine video. I thought I should at least see what these guys look like before I go off on how bad they are, right? :wallbash:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/videos/participants

Oher - Moves like Lurch from the Munsters. His leg movement looked horrible. His possible knickname if the Bills take him and he sucks, Michael Oh-NO!

Lawrence Sidbury - Guy looks like he has the frame and athleticism to play DE in the NFL, from his college production it seems like he was great playing at the lower college level.

Orakpo - Looks like a linebacker, not a defensive end.

Eric Wood - Looks like that never been kissed lady from Britian's got Talent.

Urbik - Looks like a very good 3rd or 4th round NFL guard prospect for the Bills (one of those guys that starts for 10 years with the great Steelers or Giants lines).

Maybin - Dude looks quick, real freakin' quick. He may not go through a tackle to get to the QB, but it look like he could get there none the less.

Max Unger - I can't tell if he looks more like Paul Bunyan or a Mack Truck.

Duke Robinson - Clumsy.

Tyson Jackson - It's weird how this guy never gets mentioned for our pick. I know the "he doesn't fit our system" argument. But since when is it better to have a small guy like Orakpo or Brown than to have a guy that could play both end and DT. Is he really going to be that bad at making tackles on running plays his way? At least he could throw off the tackle's block and not get buried or eaten up like Orakpo and Brown would. Why is Jackson not a better option? Why does he not get mentioned here? Sorry, I don't get it.

Ayers - Looks like a solid DE prospect. The lack of college stats scares me though. What gives? Is he one of those guys that only plays when he knows it's now or never? Did he just mature late as a player and person? Every single one of these DE prospects has a big 'ol question mark on their backs.

Ziggy Hood - Hey McCargo, you're fired.

Kruger - Looks like one of those guys that they say "has a high motor". We already have about 10 too many of those type of players.

Larry English - If he had a neck he'd be 6'4". He be a great pick at #28.

Conner Barwin - Looks like one of those guys they cast as the jock who bullies the nerds. Looks like he bullies RBs and QBs too.

Jonathan Luigs - Are you serious? This guy looks like someone who sits on the couch and plays video games while eating dounts, not actually try to play the game itself.

Phil Loadholt - Bit of a project? Nice size though.

Cornelious Ingram - Sorry, but that dude looks more fluid and athletic than Pettigrew. I see no reason why he won't be as good or better than him.

Britton - 1st round prospect? Sorry, don't see it. There will be guards in the 3rd just as good as him.

William Beatty - #28 maybe. 2nd round yes. Not a fan of drafting guards in the first.

Jared Cook - Freakish speed and leaping ability. Brandon who????

Kaluka Maiva - Looks like a starting NFL linebacker to me. Never heard of him before but he looked fast and athletic in the video.

So if you think this was a stupid exercise, well...who was more stupid, me or the guy who read the entire thing only to feel the need to state what a waste of time it was to read it? :P

Happy draft day everybody!

Ayers - Looks like a solid DE prospect. The lack of college stats scares me though? What gives? Is he one of those guys that only plays when he knows it's now or never? Did he just mature late as a player and person? Every single one of these DE prospects has a big 'ol question mark on their backs.

Like the fact he had 16 TFL. Some guys tackle. Some guys hit. he does both.

Ayers - Looks like a solid DE prospect. The lack of college stats scares me though? What gives? Is he one of those guys that only plays when he knows it's now or never? Did he just mature late as a player and person? Every single one of these DE prospects has a big 'ol question mark on their backs.

Like the fact he had 16 TFL. Some guys tackle. Some guys hit. he does both.

Too bad he doesn't tackle the QB when he still has the ball...

...basing his opinion soley on NFL.com's combine video. I thought I should at least see what these guys look like before I go off on how bad they are, right? :wallbash:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/videos/participants

Oher - Moves like Lurch from the Munsters. His leg movement looked horrible. His possible knickname if the Bills take him and he sucks, Michael Oh-NO!

Lawrence Sidbury - Guy looks like he has the frame and athleticism to play DE in the NFL, from his college production it seems like he was great playing at the lower college level.

Orakpo - Looks like a linebacker, not a defensive end.

Eric Wood - Looks like that never been kissed lady from Britian's got Talent.

Urbik - Looks like a very good 3rd or 4th round NFL guard prospect for the Bills (one of those guys that starts for 10 years with the great Steelers or Giants lines).

Maybin - Dude looks quick, real freakin' quick. He may not go through a tackle to get to the QB, but it look like he could get there none the less.

Max Unger - I can't tell if he looks more like Paul Bunyan or a Mack Truck.

Duke Robinson - Clumsy.

Tyson Jackson - It's weird how this guy never gets mentioned for our pick. I know the "he doesn't fit our system" argument. But since when is it better to have a small guy like Orakpo or Brown than to have a guy that could play both end and DT. Is he really going to be that bad at making tackles on running plays his way? At least he could throw off the tackle's block and not get buried or eaten up like Orakpo and Brown would. Why is Jackson not a better option? Why does he not get mentioned here? Sorry, I don't get it.

Ayers - Looks like a solid DE prospect. The lack of college stats scares me though. What gives? Is he one of those guys that only plays when he knows it's now or never? Did he just mature late as a player and person? Every single one of these DE prospects has a big 'ol question mark on their backs.

Ziggy Hood - Hey McCargo, you're fired.

Kruger - Looks like one of those guys that they say "has a high motor". We already have about 10 too many of those type of players.

Larry English - If he had a neck he'd be 6'4". He be a great pick at #28.

Conner Barwin - Looks like one of those guys they cast as the jock who bullies the nerds. Looks like he bullies RBs and QBs too.

Jonathan Luigs - Are you serious? This guy looks like someone who sits on the couch and plays video games while eating dounts, not actually try to play the game itself.

Phil Loadholt - Bit of a project? Nice size though.

Cornelious Ingram - Sorry, but that dude looks more fluid and athletic than Pettigrew. I see no reason why he won't be as good or better than him.

Britton - 1st round prospect? Sorry, don't see it. There will be guards in the 3rd just as good as him.

William Beatty - #28 maybe. 2nd round yes. Not a fan of drafting guards in the first.

Jared Cook - Freakish speed and leaping ability. Brandon who????

Kaluka Maiva - Looks like a starting NFL linebacker to me. Never heard of him before but he looked fast and athletic in the video.

So if you think this was a stupid exercise, well...who was more stupid, me or the guy who read the entire thing only to feel the need to state what a waste of time it was to read it? :P

Happy draft day everybody!

Agree with Jackson - Bills need to get bigger on the DL

Ingram is teh best athlete out of the TE class- we need playmakers, not more slugs

Ayers is big enough to play DE - sack stats can be very misleading

Reading all these mocks, draft guides and websites and each of the

top prospects have some question mark. Worst thing we can do is

draft a "top 10" prospect, and have him not pan out....oops, didn't

we do that with Big Mike??

The whole thing is a crapshoot, either you draft Bruce Smith, or you end

up with Tony Mandarich. Funny thing is you can also get a Tom Brady

in the sixth round.

Can't wait for this to get going and for the start of the season.

Reading all these mocks, draft guides and websites and each of the

top prospects have some question mark. Worst thing we can do is

draft a "top 10" prospect, and have him not pan out....oops, didn't

we do that with Big Mike??

The whole thing is a crapshoot, either you draft Bruce Smith, or you end

up with Tony Mandarich. Funny thing is you can also get a Tom Brady

in the sixth round.

Can't wait for this to get going and for the start of the season.

you greatly increase the bust potential by drafting one year wonders, workout warriors, fat-unmotivated guys, guys with unlimited upside

if they just draft FOOTBALL players who produced in college - they will end up with players who can produce at the NFL level

they get burned when they get cute