Josh Freeman may be the real wildcard for a Bills trade back

I believe that Washington (or possibly Denver) will probably be the team to get Sanchez at 8. It is a far more reasonable trade up than the Jets going all the way from 17. I believe that if Sanchez goes to the Redskins at 8 after a trade,

that the next big play could very well be at #11.

It seems that Tampa Bay wants Freeman, and they currently sit at 19. There were indications a few weeks back that the Jets were actually enamored with Freeman. I don't have a link for that, but I do remember reading that. It could very well be that the Jets are feigning interest in Sanchez when in fact they are still looking at Freeman, who is much more achievable in a trade-up. If TB really wants Freeman, they have to be sure they get ahead of the Jets at 17. And if either of those two teams really want Freeman and want to be sure they can get him, they might both need to get in front of Denver, who may be looking at Freeman as well if they don't get Sanchez. With two first round picks, I can't believe that Denver isn't thinking about a QB to hedge their bets with Orton.

I realize that there is no way to know what is and what isn't smoke at this point, but it certainly is a reasonable scenario. I would LOVE to see the Bills trade back to 17 or 19, pick up an extra second rounder. It would provide a lot of flexibility.

I believe that Washington (or possibly Denver) will probably be the team to get Sanchez at 8. It is a far more reasonable trade up than the Jets going all the way from 17. I believe that if Sanchez goes to the Redskins at 8 after a trade,

that the next big play could very well be at #11.

It seems that Tampa Bay wants Freeman, and they currently sit at 19. There were indications a few weeks back that the Jets were actually enamored with Freeman. I don't have a link for that, but I do remember reading that. It could very well be that the Jets are feigning interest in Sanchez when in fact they are still looking at Freeman, who is much more achievable in a trade-up. If TB really wants Freeman, they have to be sure they get ahead of the Jets at 17. And if either of those two teams really want Freeman and want to be sure they can get him, they might both need to get in front of Denver, who may be looking at Freeman as well if they don't get Sanchez. With two first round picks, I can't believe that Denver isn't thinking about a QB to hedge their bets with Orton.

I realize that there is no way to know what is and what isn't smoke at this point, but it certainly is a reasonable scenario. I would LOVE to see the Bills trade back to 17 or 19, pick up an extra second rounder. It would provide a lot of flexibility.

Rumor is that if Washington gets Sanchez, Tampa gets Jason Campbell

Rumor is that if Washington gets Sanchez, Tampa gets Jason Campbell

Actually, that same rumor has been floated for the Jests as well. It will depend on how highly that either of those two teams think of Campbell. The fact that the Skins are thinking of grabbing Sanchez should tell you something about the Skins' concerns. If the Jets or the Bucs are enamored with Freeman, it won't stop them from trying to get the guy they really want first. And with Denver possibly in play, it only further makes any trade for Campbell that much less of a sure thing for any of those three teams.

the only way i see this happening is if people get scared. i've yet to hear of a team truly high on freeman. atleast enough to trade up for him

Of course that is the only way it is going to happen. And all I am saying is that I have read enough under the radar ink linking the Jests and the Bucs to Freeman that is very possible. My take is that when teams are making a lot of noise about a move right before the draft, they are trying to draw attention away from what they are really planning.

Of course that is the only way it is going to happen. And all I am saying is that I have read enough under the radar ink linking the Jests and the Bucs to Freeman that is very possible. My take is that when teams are making a lot of noise about a move right before the draft, they are trying to draw attention away from what they are really planning.

Yes teams normally don't make noise about the players they are going to draft. But that could mean teams that haven't mentioned Freeman could be looking for a trade partner.

What about a trade up with the Vikings at 22? They are in need of a QB and he probably won't be there at 22. And keep in mind they haven't mentioned trading up very much.

It would also put us in great position to draft Pettigrew.

Yes teams normally don't make noise about the players they are going to draft. But that could mean teams that haven't mentioned Freeman could be looking for a trade partner.

What about a trade up with the Vikings at 22? They are in need of a QB and he probably won't be there at 22. And keep in mind they haven't mentioned trading up very much.

It would also put us in great position to draft Pettigrew.

You're right, the Vikes are a team looking for a QB as well.

I use to think Freeman could be a possible trade down target for us, but if you really think about it, it would be pretty unlikely. The only team that I can think of that may have an interest early on would be the Jets. If Denver is high on him then they are doing a really good job of not showing hardly any interest. I don't see teams wanting to jump ahead of Denver to draft him. The player that I see being our best possibility of a trade down target would be Oher. However I believe Oher will be gone by the time we pick, but I believe he represents the best possible trade down scenario for us.