We will NOT take a LT

Based on human nature, I just cant see R.B. using his top draft pick to fill a hole he created by letting his Pro-bowler walk out of a contract he had 2 years left on. I just cant see him showing his a$$ like that in front of the rest of his peers in the NFL, and if I'm wrong, be the first to bring a copy of this post to Smokies in Va Bch on any Sunday during the season and I'll buy you a beer!

Based on human nature, I just cant see R.B. using his top draft pick to fill a hole he created by letting his Pro-bowler walk out of a contract he had 2 years left on. I just cant see him showing his a$$ like that in front of the rest of his peers in the NFL, and if I'm wrong, be the first to bring a copy of this post to Smokies in Va Bch on any Sunday during the season and I'll buy you a beer!

I couldn't agree with you more. These guys will look like idiots if they take an OT after just trading one.

(Actually ya they probably will grab one at 11 or even earlier.)

With the Bills, it's realistic they go OL. Buffalo, as many others have noted, hasn't used a first rounder on an OL since 1995, and know full well their line is in trouble. I could see them bowing to pressure and going for straight need with their top pick.

Every year, the Bills have at least two huge needs. And this year they'll go for need both times in Round 1. I'll disagree and say they could go OL, despite trading Peters.

Just once I'd like the Bills to have a team that can go anywhere with a first rounder. But I don't have confidence in a marketing guy running the show. He's not trained in personnel, no matter what.

I couldn't agree with you more. These guys will look like idiots if they take an OT after just trading one.

(Actually ya they probably will grab one at 11 or even earlier.)

The front office would like idiots? Do you even follow this team? Geezus...it has begun...

Our FO had no choice but to trade a player who wasnt going to play for us anyway. He clearly did NOT want to be here as he signed for LESS money than he was demanding from Buffalo, just like I said he would...it was all ploy by Peters to either get an absurd contract or get out of Buffalo...

The front office would like idiots? Do you even follow this team? Geezus...it has begun...

Our FO had no choice but to trade a player who wasnt going to play for us anyway. He clearly did NOT want to be here as he signed for LESS money than he was demanding from Buffalo, just like I said he would...it was all ploy by Peters to either get an absurd contract or get out of Buffalo...

A valid point, but I'm talking about perception, the draft should there be to make your team better not to fill holes a FO created by what some may view as mismanagement of the players you already had on their payroll.

Bills won't take a tackle they will take the best defender on the board or trade down to take pettigrew. While I like Oher I just don't think the bills want to replace what they just traded away. They seem to want to go defensive with that pick.

Bills won't take a tackle they will take the best defender on the board or trade down to take pettigrew. While I like Oher I just don't think the bills want to replace what they just traded away. They seem to want to go defensive with that pick.

Which really makes me wonder about Pettigrew because he can block as well as catch. Quietly helping the O line as we get the best player available at 11?

I don't want to make this a Peters thread but every indication is that he wanted at least 6-60 here (which is a little more than Gross got which made him in the top 1-2 in the league) and he wanted at least 6-60 there and he got it there. We just wouldnt pay him 10 mil a year, which was probably the right decision for the Bills. I would have signed him but i understand why they didn't. He didn't sign for less than he was asking here though. We just offered a lot less.

I think that a better way to help the o line would be to try and get a good blocking full back. Tim Graham had a good point that a full back is an underrated need for the bills. i would like to see the bills go after a full back in the fifth round. A full back that can pave the way for lynch and help the blind side on pass plays. Also I would love to see a trade for Brian Waters to help the interior line.

I don't want to make this a Peters thread but every indication is that he wanted at least 6-60 here (which is a little more than Gross got which made him in the top 1-2 in the league) and he wanted at least 6-60 there and he got it there. We just wouldnt pay him 10 mil a year, which was probably the right decision for the Bills. I would have signed him but i understand why they didn't. He didn't sign for less than he was asking here though. We just offered a lot less.

He wanted 11-12 per here, he got 10 in Phi

Oh my fault. I forgot you work for the Bills. Wait you were the own who had the inside info on the Bills going after Cassel right? You also know all of Peter's motives. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

It was a ploy!! Yes, a well orchestrated plan by a man that was dumb enough to cut off contact with his team in order to get a new contract.

Yes they would look terrible if they traded their LT for essentially a 28 and then grab one at 11 making the trade virtually pointless.

I love the people on this board that have all the inside info.

He wanted 11-12 per here, he got 10 in Phi

What a guy originally asks for, what he really wants and expects, and what he eventually gets are three different things. I'm sure he asked for 11-12 million in Philly, too, if that was what he asked for here (which we don't know). What he wanted from both places was slightly less than that, probably 11 mil. What he was realistically expecting, and going to get, and what he was willing to settle for was 10 mil, in both places. We could have signed him for that, we just didn't want to. And, again, probably rightfully so.

Oh my fault. I forgot you work for the Bills. Wait you were the own who had the inside info on the Bills going after Cassel right? You also know all of Peter's motives. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

It was a ploy!! Yes, a well orchestrated plan by a man that was dumb enough to cut off contact with his team in order to get a new contract.

Yes they would look terrible if they traded their LT for essentially a 28 and then grab one at 11 making the trade virtually pointless.

We might think it looks foolish to take a LT at 11, but with one of the first 3 picks they need at least one offensive lineman. I would like a Center, Guard, and Tackle in this draft.

how exactly did he let his Pro Bowl (didnt deserve it) LT walk out of his contract? The Bills absolutely can draft a LT at 11 bc of the first round pick they got in return for that Pro Bowl LT

Peters was all about the money and it would have been stupid for the Bills to pay him

Dude, you are an idiot...I never said Buffalo was going after Cassel, I reported direct from the source info that said we had interest in him...and that was confirmed a few days later in the media...

And if you dont think Peters wanted out of Buffalo, thats fine...but as far as I am concerned, his actions clearly indicated that he did not want to be here after he demanded an unreasonable contract that was higher than the one the Bills balked at the year before he had a terrible year...

And I am sure you and a few posters are the only ones who give a dam about "how they look" after trading a LT and then drafting an LT...The FO could care less what you think...they will go after the player that best serves this team, not the player that makes the best PR move, and you are a complete fool if you think otherwise...

The ignorance of your post is you act as if we traded away a guy who was happy and ready to play just to replace him in the draft...The FO had no choice in the matter, Peters wasnt going to play, and the FO clearly felt he is NOT worth the money he wanted, and I for one agree...

We might think it looks foolish to take a LT at 11, but with one of the first 3 picks they need at least one offensive lineman. I would like a Center, Guard, and Tackle in this draft.

One of the second 2 yea, but not the the first. I wouldnt mind a good center at the 42nd and move Hangatner (sp) to guard.

What a guy originally asks for, what he really wants and expects, and what he eventually gets are three different things. I'm sure he asked for 11-12 million in Philly, too, if that was what he asked for here (which we don't know). What he wanted from both places was slightly less than that, probably 11 mil. What he was realistically expecting, and going to get, and what he was willing to settle for was 10 mil, in both places. We could have signed him for that, we just didn't want to. And, again, probably rightfully so.

The difference there is that he SIGNED for the less offer and wasnt going to do so here...he played hard ball here to either get the absurd contract or traded...

Absolutely. I think the C/G talent in the 2nd is too good to pass up.
I tend to agree. Those thinking the Bills will be taking a LT at 11 aren't looking at the big picture. If you look carefully at the OL currently under contract, the top 4 are starters at 4 of the spots, and Chambers/Bell are battling it out for the other OT spot, with the loser being the #3 OT. There's nobody else on the roster that isn't just UDFA fodder to take snaps in camp. They don't have anyone semi-legitimate to backup much less compete for C/G playing time. That is a critical need in this draft.

IMO the ideal scenario in this draft for the Bills is pass-rushing DE at 11, Pettigrew at 28, and C/G in round 2.