Boldin

Just heard on Mike Francesa that the Cardinals have lowered their demands for Boldin to a second round pick as the top compensation. Not saying we should get him, but man is that a steal. The Giants, Jets and Eagles are all trying to get him in a heated battle now. If the Eagles get him then I think it's even less likely they go for Pettigrew at 21 as well. Maybe he will fall to us at 28. Man, if we didn't have T.O. I would have wanted us to get Boldin in a second.

per rotoworld:

Speaking on ESPN News, Sal Paolantonio reports that the Ravens and Eagles are the teams most interested in acquiring Anquan Boldin.

The Giants and Jets appear to be less interested, and Sal Pal neglected to mention the Titans. The Eagles reportedly offered a 2010 second, a 2009 third, and former first-round bust Winston Justice, which prompted Rod Graves' response that Boldin is likely to stay in Arizona. The Giants are said to be focusing on moving up from No. 29 to secure Darrius Heyward-Bey before the Jets pick at No. 17.

What I dont understand is why doesnt Cle trade their second for Boldin, then turn around and trade Braylon for Giants 2nd and fith...

I mean, they get a way better WR and all they had to do was trade back a lil in the 2nd round...

Sometimes this stuff just makes too much sense...

Yeah, it will cost a 2nd rounder...and $10M/year plus $20M guaranteed to sign him.

Who would you rather have: Evans or Boldin? Money is similar, the difference is one is a bona fide #1 and the other is a #2 or 1b type receiver who is rather one-dimensional.

I would pay that in a heartbeat. I watch the Cardinal all the time. The guy never "disappears" in games a la Evans.

Who would you rather have: Evans or Boldin? Money is similar, the difference is one is a bona fide #1 and the other is a #2 or 1b type receiver who is rather one-dimensional.

I would pay that in a heartbeat. I watch the Cardinal all the time. The guy never "disappears" in games a la Evans.

I am a fan of Evans and I feel on a team like Philly, AZ, Indy, etc he would have top 10 numbers, maybe even top 5. But in our system, with our current QB, and in our weather, I think Boldin would be much more effective because his style of games allows him to not be taken out of the game as much as Evans. I honestly think Boldin is one of the top 3 or 4 WR's in football, period. He is as tough as they come. He played his tail off despite not being happy about his contract, even came back way earlier than recommended to help his team after what looked like a career ending injury. His teammates love him too...

You mean because the BILLS offense outside Evans is close to comparable to the Cardinals right? I mean Josh Reed is obviously equivalent to Larry Fitzgerald and Trent Edwards is the second coming of Warner.

You mean because the BILLS offense outside Evans is close to comparable to the Cardinals right? I mean Josh Reed is obviously equivalent to Larry Fitzgerald and Trent Edwards is the second coming of Warner.

Not to mention Steve Breaston is comparable to Roscoe Parrish.

If not for his actions at the end of the NFCCG, I'd rather have Boldin. But we can't go back in time or take back Evans' contract.

Your point is taken...but lets not forget 2003, Boldin's rookie year. 103 catches 1377 yds 8 TDs. No Fitz, No Warner, No Edge....

In fact, he had the dynamic duo of Jeff Blake and Josh McCown throwing to him and the tremendous help of Freddie Jones, Bryant Johnson and Bryan Gilmore to take pressure off him. Oh and Marcel Shipp carrying the ball.

Boldin is the truth.

Your point is taken...but lets not forget 2003, Boldin's rookie year. 103 catches 1377 yds 8 TDs. No Fitz, No Warner, No Edge....

In fact, he had the dynamic duo of Jeff Blake and Josh McCown throwing to him and the tremendous help of Freddie Jones, Bryant Johnson and Bryan Gilmore to take pressure off him. Oh and Marcel Shipp carrying the ball.

Boldin is the truth.

I'm not dismissing Boldin's talent - I'd love to have the guy and would gladly give up the 2 to get him because he's a proven player. That doesn't mean he exists on an island (pretty much the way it's been for Evans his entire career).

In Boldin's rookie year, the team was 4-12 and outscored 452-225. Think they played from behind a lot and the passing stats got a little skewed because Blake/McCown were throwing against prevent?

Just heard on Mike Francesa that the Cardinals have lowered their demands for Boldin to a second round pick as the top compensation. Not saying we should get him, but man is that a steal. The Giants, Jets and Eagles are all trying to get him in a heated battle now. If the Eagles get him then I think it's even less likely they go for Pettigrew at 21 as well. Maybe he will fall to us at 28. Man, if we didn't have T.O. I would have wanted us to get Boldin in a second.

What I was saying from day one.... but everyone here insisted the Bills signing Owens was an act of genius, and that Boldin wouldn't be traded... desperate teams do stupid things...which, I guess, makes them kind of stupid. Boldin would be amazing in Buffalo...

What I was saying from day one.... but everyone here insisted the Bills signing Owens was an act of genius, and that Boldin wouldn't be traded... desperate teams do stupid things...which, I guess, makes them kind of stupid. Boldin would be amazing in Buffalo...

Well similar to Peters, it makes you wonder why there is such a lack of interest in Boldin for a 1st round pick. The Dols are looking for a WR and have the 25th overall pick. Surely Boldin would be better than any WR they could pick there.