What do you all think about T.O.?

bartshan-83

I'm sure you all heard about TOs recent comments regarding Ray Lewis and the TD dance. I've always liked TO. I understand you either like him or you hate him, a lot of people hate showboats in general. I always like him because he is entertaining, he does back up his stunts with his on-field performance and mostly because I like to see a player that lashes back at the No Fun League. I do think he is villified for his actions (perhaps unjustly, perhaps not) but I think he is going a little crazy with his whole "public enemy # 1" rap.

For those of you who missed it, you can read about it on any sports site but here is the quote:

"You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who, I mean, I thought pretty much he was my friend. I mean, this is a guy, you know, double-murder case, he could have been in jail. Seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I'm going out scoring touchdowns, having fun, but I'm the bad guy,"....

"it's discouraging to get put in the mold "that I'm the worst guy that ever put on a uniform in the NFL."

"At times, it baffles me. I've never been in any off-field problems."

I think he also went a little far by bringing up the double-muder case. But in his defense I do think that it is sad that his issues seem to garner more attention, and therefore often more animosity, than the off-field problems of many other players. Leonard Little has had 2 DUIs, one of which resulted in a woman's death and at times it seems that TOs stunts get more of a reaction than something like that.

Anyway, what do you all think?

I'm sure you all heard about TOs recent comments regarding Ray Lewis and the TD dance. I've always liked TO. I understand you either like him or you hate him, a lot of people hate showboats in general. I always like him because he is entertaining, he does back up his stunts with his on-field performance and mostly because I like to see a player that lashes back at the No Fun League. I do think he is villified for his actions (perhaps unjustly, perhaps not) but I think he is going a little crazy with his whole "public enemy # 1" rap.

For those of you who missed it, you can read about it on any sports site but here is the quote:

"You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who, I mean, I thought pretty much he was my friend. I mean, this is a guy, you know, double-murder case, he could have been in jail. Seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I'm going out scoring touchdowns, having fun, but I'm the bad guy,"....

"it's discouraging to get put in the mold "that I'm the worst guy that ever put on a uniform in the NFL."

"At times, it baffles me. I've never been in any off-field problems."

I think he also went a little far by bringing up the double-muder case. But in his defense I do think that it is sad that his issues seem to garner more attention, and therefore often more animosity, than the off-field problems of many other players. Leonard Little has had 2 DUIs, one of which resulted in a woman's death and at times it seems that TOs stunts get more of a reaction than something like that.

Anyway, what do you all think?

100824[/snapback]

I feel that T.O. is probably hands down the best wr i football right now. I think that he would've always had staggering numbers or maybe even better if he had the cast he has now in Philly. As far as his celebrations go... big fuggin deal. If the opposing teams don't like him doing so, then don't let him get into the endzone. I think he is good for the game and the nfl used to be open for celebrations, now it's just, well not as fun for the players. As far as the whole Ray Lewis murder thing goes, who cares. T.O. runs his mouth on a weekly basis anyways, how ever he IS one of few who can back it up.

I don't really care for to's dances. I'm a teacher, and i'm biased towards the whole "role model" angle. TO has a good point though. Dancing or not, at least he has the balls to bring up ray lewis' murder trial vs him showboating and being a bad guy. I think more guys in the nfl need to do this.

I'm sooooooooooooo glad T.O. said what he said, he's right, all you hear about is how great Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Randy Moss and other "criminals" are... and TO is held up to be a villian and evil doer of the NFL. I normally want the players to hand the ball to the ref and hug their teamates... but I LOVED that TO made fun of Ray Lewis. He can say what he wants because he is telling the truth, he HASN'T had any off the field troubles and he IS labeled as "bad" for the league... while others (who get in trouble) are called "what every player should want to be like"... WHATEVER!

before hearing that I didn't really care about TO and thought he should keep his mouth shut... and I still think it's better to say nothing except the positive things, but after hearing that... I like him for saying that.

go to terrellowens.com if you want to laugh at the song that plays... funny stuff, comments on his "sharpie pens and pom poms"...

I want to like TO but just cant. He's a great player but clearly the whiniest baby in the league. He is the poster boy for the Jim Rome "smack-talking" crowd that eats this stuff up. He's the lead character in a testosterone influenced soap opera (see professional wrestling).

His self-fulfilling look-at-me, tortured icon prophacy schtick is old and crusty. I have zero interest or sympathy at his continuous attempts to promote himself...right down to his backwards hat advertising his g'damned Web site.

This latest quote is perfect because there is no difference between Ray Lewis and TO except for the side of the ball that they play on. At least, in this case, they are eating their own instead of slandering other players in the league who have respect for themselves and aren't showing up for the casting call (see Jeff Garcia).

I'm sooooooooooooo glad T.O. said what he said, he's right, all you hear about is how great Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Randy Moss and other "criminals" are... and TO is held up to be a villian and evil doer of the NFL.  I normally want the players to hand the ball to the ref and hug their teamates... but I LOVED that TO made fun of Ray Lewis.  He can say what he wants because he is telling the truth, he HASN'T had any off the field troubles and he IS labeled as "bad" for the league... while others (who get in trouble) are called "what every player should want to be like"... WHATEVER! 

101005[/snapback]

I really don't like TO. Everybody who isn't a Philly fan is tired of his act.

Having said that, you're right on point here. I'm sick of everyone getting on their knees for Ray Lewis, as if he's a great role-model; and I thought his mocking of RayLew was quite funny.

I just wish TO would stop it with the constant Garcia bashing, and other people who don't deserve it.

I really don't like TO.  Everybody who isn't a Philly fan is tired of his act.

Having said that, you're right on point here.  I'm sick of everyone getting on their knees for Ray Lewis, as if he's a great role-model; and I thought his mocking of RayLew was quite funny. 

I just wish TO would stop it with the constant Garcia bashing, and other people who don't deserve it.

101096[/snapback]

That is my main problem with him. I loved the ball signing, the pom-poms and the Ray Lewis dance, but insulting Jeff Garcia and trying to say that he's gay? Wasnt Garcia the guy who had the two Playmates get into a fist fight over him at a bar?

TO has to pick his battles...keep doing the stuff on the field, but off the field just shut up about your teammates.