Willie Randolph will be Mets Manager

millbank

Ed Coleman New York Mets announcer on the WFAN New York just said that the New York Mets will annouce that Willie Randolph will be the Mets Manager tomorrow.

Also Mel Stottlemire will be replaced as Yankees pitching coach..... Joe will not like that.

Ed Coleman New York Mets announcer on the WFAN New York just said that the New York Mets will annouce that Willie Randolph will be the Mets Manager tomorrow.

Also Mel Stottlemire will be replaced as Yankees pitching coach.....  Joe will not like that.

100805[/snapback]

I'm suprised the Yankees didn't try to hold onto Randolph for another couple years to eventually take over for Torre.

I'm suprised the Yankees didn't try to hold onto Randolph for another couple years to eventually take over for Torre.

100817[/snapback]

Many folks seem to think Donnie Baseball takes over from Joe when the time comes.

What they are saying about Willie Randolph is that he is very sensitive , that it will be interesting to see how he handles New York media.

Nice he has got a shot anyway, its about time.

Glad Willie Randolph got his chance. But, with one of the cheapest baseball owners in the league. :D

As for Mel Stoytlmeyer. I heard Steinbrenner was ready to fire him. Will miss you Mel. Steinbrenner you idiot.

Willie and Mel will both be missed. I wouldn't be surprised though if Mel stays on the Yankee staff but shares the pitching coaching duties with some new blood. Perhaps he will be an advisor or another bench coach for Joe. I can't see the Yanks dumping him without at least offering something like that to him.

Then again, maybe Randy Johnson doesn't like him, and since they are about to trade Jorge for him... :w00t:

That's what I heard too Thailog. I can't blame the guy for getting out. He's been there since 96. It's gotta wear on you after a while working for George.

101044[/snapback]

Im sure George is a tyrant.....especially after the Yanks collapsed last month. Hey is Leo Mazzoni available.... :w00t: