I'm optimistic. Really.

Kollar is gone. I don't think that guy knew how to coach. He could yell real loud, and the talent of the players got them to the level of mediocrity we've seen for years. I think the 71 Kenmore West Radar Defense could get 24 sacks in the NFL.

There is a reason McCargo was a first round choice. Talent. Chris Ellis was a 3rd round pick. There is something wrong with labelling people "bust" and not looking at the coach. While at St. Louis, Kollar coached 3 first round DL picks into complete mediocrity.

I am optimistic because we have Schobel, McCargo, and Ellis returning...healthy. Also, Bowen, Youboty, etc.

I really believe McCargo can become something special.

Kollar is gone. I don't think that guy knew how to coach. He could yell real loud, and the talent of the players got them to the level of mediocrity we've seen for years. I think the 71 Kenmore West Radar Defense could get 24 sacks in the NFL.

There is a reason McCargo was a first round choice. Talent. Chris Ellis was a 3rd round pick. There is something wrong with labelling people "bust" and not looking at the coach. While at St. Louis, Kollar coached 3 first round DL picks into complete mediocrity.

I am optimistic because we have Schobel, McCargo, and Ellis returning...healthy. Also, Bowen, Youboty, etc.

I really believe McCargo can become something special.

I like your optimism! :thumbsup:

I am not overly optimistic but I do believe in some of your post. I really think there is an issue with our coaching at Dline if we have a 1st rounder that showed some promise 2 years ago at the end of the 07 season then took a huge step back in 08. Im not saying its the coach or the players fault. But a change can only be a good thing at this point.

I'm optimistic as well - it's that time of year! The longer you look at the roster and the potential of multiple players that did not contribute last year (whether due to injury, coaching, less experience, recent addition, etc.), you have to have hope. If you didn't, you can't call yourself a true fan. And the draft just provides all that much more hope, especially with 3 of the top 42 picks.

I'm psyched for this weekend, I probably won't like several of the picks, but then I'll read up on them and within a few weeks I'll have even more hope for the team.

It's only once the season starts that things tend to go to hell. But that's not gonna happen THIS year.....THIS year will be different!

By the way, I am tired of reading what a horrible choice the Bills made in Mike Williams. I remember at the time he was highly rated, and he was all over ESPN. He was a great choice AT THE TIME.

My only argument against the pick at the time was that I thought we should trade down and get more picks. I remember posting that one pick cannot make that big a difference in that crappy team.

Williams did not live up to his billing. The Bills did not make a bad choice. He just took the money and loafed his way off the team.

McCargo something special? Um, I think that would classify you as panglossian.

Hey, I don't eat bluegills!!

But yes, I am looking at the Bills thru rose-colored glasses. Lemons into lemonade. It's spring. Draft day. One of the best days of the year tomorrow.

a couple years ago i invented about 200 new swear words when they picked Whitner.

i don't know what pick would make me happy tomorrow. ideally, i would like to see somebody like Sanchez drop to them, and have them pick up an extra choice to trade down. but that never happens.

i know everybody loves Pettigrew, but my opinion is that Chase Coffman will emerge from this draft as the best receiving tight end in years. he gets open and catches every pass he touches.