John Gruden will have Bills season tickets?

Fingon

Jon Gruden: "We have pass rushers. I've got the best receiving core in football. I'm going to throw the rock now, I'm going to spread you out and throw it. I could use some defensive help, but I have to keep my quarterback healthy. If Edwards is healthy, Edwards can play. I'm going to Ole Miss to find Michael Oher."

Charles Davis: "Are you going to play yourself in the movie now? Now that you've selected him, you can play yourself in the movie."

Jon Gruden: "I'll have season tickets to the Buffalo Bills, and I'll be watching."

Charles Davis: "Can I get a ticket to Toronto?"

Rich Eisen: "That's on the NFL Network!"

Jamie Dukes: "Can you get him to read the book that's about him before he gets camp?"

Jon Gruden: "This football player, he's a four-year starter. He's backed it up on tape."

Rich Eisen: "They'd be estatic if this happens, right?"

Mike Mayock: "He's a Buffalo Bill. I think four offensive tackles will go in the first 10, if not the first 11. The tackles are coming off the board, just like last year. Now we go from the Bills to one of the most intriguing teams in the draft, the Broncos."

He's probably joking... but... one can dream, right?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

sigh ... hope those people read the rest of it, where Gruden pretends to be the GM of several other teams, before they started buzzing:

Chiefs -- "We've addressed our quarterback issue. We only had 10 sacks last year on defense. We need some defense. But the Chiefs, this is a traditional franchise, this is a proud franchise. We got Brandon Albert last year, and Brian Waters is a Pro Bowler at left guard. We have to get Larry Johnson going and take care of our quarterback. I'm going to take Jason Smith, and move him over to right tackle and put together one of those Chiefs lines from the 1990s. We're going back to that style of football, and we're taking this big tackle."

Bucs (I'll dispense with the annoying bold function) -- "My opinion? OK. We need some defensive linemen. My problem is that I just don't see anyone who plays defensive tackle that I get fired up about here at No. 19. We need a defensive back, too. I'm going to look at Vontae Davis. I liked his workout, but didn't like his tapes. I'm going with the Ohio State kid. I love this kid. Just wish he ran a little faster. I'll take Malcom Jenkins, and I'll find something for him to do."

Colts -- "I'm going to check with Peyton Manning and see who he likes. Darrius Heyward-Bey doesn't fit our offense. In the films I watch, he doesn't catch a pass. We're going to go defense. We need an inside player to go with our defensive ends. I'm deciding between Jerry and ... oh he's gone? I'm glad he's gone! The guy I've wanted all day is Ziggy Hood. He's bigger, he's better and he's younger!"

And no similar love for Mariucci, who drafted Pettigrew for the Bills at 28?

Steve Mariucci: "We needed an offensive tackle. What we need to help out our young quarterback is my highest-rated player on the board, Brandon Pettigrew. Not so much the greatest receiving tight end, but he'll block you. We're going to try and run the football a little bit better. We have our receiver, now we have our tight end. Let's play ball."

I would like to see Gruden as our coach.

I'd take Faulk as our coach right about now...sad days indeed. Here's Dicky-pooh's last chance, I wish him well, but I'm not holding my breathe.

GRUDEN (or the Chin) AS BILLS HC 2010!!!