My annual mock Draft

Whats up everyone? Ok I haven't gotten 3 yet but I've gotten 2 for last 2 years...

As always I've Been lurking around checking out your guys stuff... Haven't had a lot of time to post, do to Dungeons and Baseball (fantasy baseball 4 leagues) and a recurring problem I'm having that is requiring a rediculous amount of medical attention... 'Passing out in shower' So anyways, I figure I can get more than 2 right this year...

Rd1A: Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State 6-6 263

This just makes too much sense for Buffalo. Especially if they actually plan on moving Walker to LT and Giving Bell the chance to start at RT. The Bills have lacked a TE for a long time. They failed to bring in Gonzo, and really hurt their team because they waited too long to select a TE in last years draft. Jauron and Wilson have both been on record saying how badly the Bills need a great TE. Fine/Schouman will make an excellent #2 Te combo. Cutting Royal, who was regarded as an above average blocker created a Huge hole and TEs this good only come around 3-4 times a decade. In a perfect world Buffalo trades down 5-10 spots and still drafts Pettigrew...

Rd1B: Brian Cushing OLB USC 6-3 243

Clay Matthews secretly passed Cushing with workout numbers not tape. Put on the tape and the Bills are thrilled this stud fell to 28. Tenacity, passion, and charactor all make this a great pick. Once projected as a top 15 pick, predraft rumors and amazing workout numbers from his understudy both contributed to his draft demise. Playing with a chip on his shoulder, he is a perfect fit and instant starter for the next 8+ years...

Rd2: Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech 6-7 266

Robert Ayers would be the pipe dream here, but I'll try to remain realistic and predict Johnson. Johnson's Huge frame is a bonus while he developes his pass rushing moves at the pro level. He is solid in Run defense and has a huge wingspan to knock down passes at the line of scrimmage. There are only so many Huge men in the NFL and this guy has all the physical tools to be a great LE in a 4-3 defense. Reminds me of a young Jevon Kearse.

Rd3: Patrick Chung SS Oregon 5-11 212

Film review shows Chung was very active in run support. He showed quick instincts, recognizing the run and getting downhill immediately and being a physical presence at the point of attack. He has great speed and size. Experienced and considered NFL ready. Does a great job challenging recievers for the ball and breaking up passes with well timed jumps and strong hitting ability. Great pick to play SS. Bills shored up their CB position this year and Donte officially moved to Free. I'm under the belief that a starting SS can be had rd 3 and buffalo would be lucky to aquire a player as good as Chung.

Rd4A: Gerald Cadogan OT/OG Penn State 6-5 309

Tough, experienced, versatile lineman who should be able to play Tackle or Guard. Played for a very good penn state team. Cadogan credits former PSU tackle Levi Brown for showing him the ropes. He played apprentice behind Brown for one year, started alongside him at guard as a sophomore and then succeeded him at left tackle as a junior and senior – starting every game. Brown, who was selected fifth overall by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2007 Draft, served a key role in jumpstarting Cadogan’s career.“He was a great role model for me,” Cadogan said. “He showed me what it takes to be a competitor and a dominating force." Buffalo has met with Cadogan and he could be a steal in rd 3-4...

Rd4B: Travis Beckum TE Wisconsin 6-3 239

Travis Beckum's showing at the NFL Combine in February may have helped his draft stock some. He is coming off of injury so he didn't run, but did participate in the bench press which opened a few eyes. Beckum put 225 pounds up 28 times, which has NFL scouts more confident that he has the strength to become an effective blocker on running plays. Because there are a lot of quality tight ends available, he may still last into the early fourth round; however, he could see his name called in the third if teams start making a run on the top players at his position. Travis Beckum ran a less than impressive 4.61 40 yard dash time at his Pro Day workout. He is recovering from an injury, but the impressive performances of many of the other tight ends could push him into the fourth round. One TE just isn't enough and when Beckum, who Buffalo holds in the highest regard as a pass catching TE. He is not NFL ready to block but can help out right away on 3rd down and in the spread formation... Great addition to the offense. Good year for a pass recieving TE to fall this late...

Rd5: A.Q. Shipley C/G Penn State 6-1 304

Shipley started 39 games at center for Penn State. But he doesn't think that precludes him from playing guard – one of his old positions – in the NFL if needed. In fact, his height (6-foot-1 on a 304-pound frame) makes some NFL scouts nervous about him as a center. “I don't think it's ever hindered me,” Shipley said of his height. “I use enough other things to compensate. I have a natural leverage which I think helps me at that position.” Shipley spent much of the offseason in Tempe, Ariz., working out at the Athletes' Performance Institute, one of the country's top training facilities. He's already graduated from Penn State, earning a degree in labor and industrial relations. He reportedly scored extremely well on the Wonderlic, an aptitude test NFL prospects must take. His goal is to someday work for the NFL Players Association. So Shipley is smart enough to know what kind of attitude will help him make it in the NFL. It's the same approach he used at Penn State. “I've always been a team-first type guy,” he said. Great prospect who adds depth across the OL along with his counterpart Cadogan...

RD 6: Jacob Ford, DE Central Arkansas

Ford led the Bears in tackles for loss with 15.5 for a minus 73 yards last season. He also had a team-high six sacks for minus 51 yards with three forced fumbles. Ford had 32.5 tackles for loss in his two seasons at Central Arkansas, with 102 total tackles and 10 forced fumbles. Ford has excellent speed and shows exceptional athleticism. He recorded the second fastest 40-yard dash time (4.62) of any defensive linemen at the combine. He is likely to move to LB at the next level and would be an excellent fit at OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Ford will need to add bulk and strength to be an every down player, but could be a pleasant surprise for the team that drafts him next month. Downhill player that is a DE trapped in a LB body...

RD 7: Curtis Painter QB Purdue

Painter comes out of Purdue University, who has produced some solid quarterback prospects over their history. Painter is not an accurate quarterback by any means, but he has a rocket arm and solid mobility that should allow him to capitalize on finding his receivers. Due to his accuracy issues, Painter should not be looked at as anything more than a late sixth-seventh round pick, and he could be a priority free agent. That being said, Painter was a true leader at Purdue, and is a worthwhile add as a third or fourth-string quarterback. If a team gives him time to develop, he could become a very good backup quarterback

Please leave feedback

I like the draft. I'm pretty high on Michael Johnson as well. I just don't think we'll take two TEs in the first 4 rounds with so much disarray on the lines and front seven.

My reasoning was based on the last 2 drafts. With Lynch and Wright, and McKelvin and Corner... I agree though. I would be very very happy if this entire draft came true.. I see it filling every major need with big athletic players with huge upsides...