This Is One I Completely Don't Get

H2o

Five interceptions in one playoff game. One of the worst quarterbacking performances I've ever seen. Yeah I'm shocked too.

Manning has had games like that in the playoffs...it happens...Rich Gannon had an amazing year until his SB...sometimes, its just not your day...

Truth is, when healthy DelHomme is a pretty good QB, especially he hasnt had much to work with as of late outside of Steve Smith...honestly, he has had less than our QB's have had...I will take Reed over any guy they have had opposite Smith the last couple of years since Mushin left to Chi...and Smith and Evans are about the same type of reciever, the difference has been Jake gets Smith the ball, and our QB's cant seem to get Evans the ball...

I am shocked that it was for so long and so much though given his injury history and age...

IMHO he's unlikely to receive all of it. But that said, his contract will cost them 8.something a year for five years if he does stay. More likely I think is that he's gone after two - the guaranteed jack is 10mil per those two years. Next year there's no cap and 12 months from now they'll draft his successor who will carry the clipboard his rookie year then start when Jake gets canned.

I dunno. Jim Kelly got some crazy deal in 1994 or 5 that was like $20 mil for the next 8 years(edit: well, that was crazy back then :thumbsup: ) or whatever, and everybody knew it was BS and there was no way he would play that long. Marino got one right after that was the same thing. I remember at the time ESPN(forget who) said something along the lines of: "Sometimes the FO gives agents super contracts even though they know the player will retire before completing, just to get the agent big press...in the hopes that the agent will return the favor later on."

Just a thought. Peppers and Delhomme for Quinn and a some draft choices. That was another choice