Trading up for Andre Smith

I like Smith alot better than Oher and would be happy if the Bills got him, but I would hate to give up picks this year. Not sure what the value chart says in terms of point value to move from 11 to 6. I would like it if we were able to make the move with players and picks from next year in addition to the 28. But if we do get Smith, I hope they put a rule in his contract that he must alway wear a shirt in public or get breast reduction.

Per BuffaloFootballReport.com, Bills may be going after Andre Smith.

Ehhh....I don't know about this. Huge talent, but between the Combine and manzere (or bro?) pro day, I'm queasy. I'm a Pettigrew guy, though. For you OT guys, do you like Andre?

If the Bills trade up to #6 for Andre Smith I'll vomit. If they trade up that far they better get Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe. I'll take that dude with a grain of salt.

I doubt any team is going to divulge their draft day strategy this early so it's probably just speculation coming off as a "rumor".

According to the value chart the Bills would have to cough up the #11 and #42 pick to move up. Even if Monroe or Jason Smith are there it seems a bit costly. The only guy I'd be happy with if they did a trade like that would be Jason Smith.

:thumbsup::beer:

Per BuffaloFootballReport.com, Bills may be going after Andre Smith.

Ehhh....I don't know about this. Huge talent, but between the Combine and manzere (or bro?) pro day, I'm queasy. I'm a Pettigrew guy, though. For you OT guys, do you like Andre?

Originally, I wanted Pettigrew or Mack (assuming Curry and Raji and Brown were off the board), or maybe even Peria Jerry.

But the minute we traded Peters, I felt that everything had changed, and that the Bills would be going after Andre Smith. He's an extremely talented headcase. Remind you of anyone? Why we traded Peters, or let ourselves get in a situation where things got out of hand, I'll never understand. But we have no good LT candidates on the roster.

Walker did it for the preseason and for one week in the real season, but he required a lot of help. He can't handle speed rushers, he's too big and inflexible. Even though we got picks for Peters, I have felt that the 11th pick now needed to be spent on an LT, which means that the positions we were originally going to fill at #11, DE, OLB, C or G, and TE, have been moved back.

Originally, assuming Brown was off the board and that we didn't want Maybin or that he was off the board, we would have tried to trade back and get more picks and still have a great shot at the guys we wanted. That option is gone. You can't trade back and still get Andre Smith. So now we are trying to fill those needs, DE, OLB, C or G and TE with the 28th pick rather than the 11th, and a lot of those guys are likely to be gone. Pettigrew will likely be gone. Mack possibly, Jerry probably, Cushing probably, and it goes on and on. That trade really screwed us.

IMHO we will be targeting Andre Smith. If we feel that we have to trade up to get him then that will be even worse, as it will mean we have even fewer picks for other needs.

Talented? Yes. I hope we don't trade up for this guy though. He seems to be making alot of bad choices that could be seen as "omens" to stay away from the guy. VERY RISKY, IMO.

Andre Smith is at it again...Michael Smith of ESPN is reporting that three NFL teams that are picking in the top eight of the draft, recently called Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith, and Smith reportedly failed to respond to one of the three teams, and responed to the other two teams by texting them.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

If this happens, I'm turning off the tv and doing everything in my power to pretend like the draft isn't on.

How fitting that my 400th post is about something that will have the Bills send me into a drinking binge.

Andre Smith is probably the biggest boom or bust pick in the draft.

Considering the Bills ability to maximize the potential of and/or babysit these type of guys-

one would think they would pass.

We have just so many holes on this team and can ill afford to throw away a high pick to move up.

Andre Smith certainly has the talent to be a beast, unfortunately,the Bills just can't afford a bust.