Roscoe

Anybody hear about the Parrish to Pittsburgh rumor? I just got home from work and assumed that it would be all over the board.

What I heard: Roscoe strait up for a fourth or Buffalos 3rd and parrish for Pitts 2nd.

how valid this is; i dont know, i got it second hand.

If anybody else has heard about this please confirm it or correct me on the details.

Anybody hear about the Parrish to Pittsburgh rumor? I just got home from work and assumed that it would be all over the board.

What I heard: Roscoe strait up for a fourth or Buffalos 3rd and parrish for Pitts 2nd.

If anybody else has heard about this please confirm it or correct me on the details.

Haven't heard anything new since the rumor popped up the other day. Would love to get an extra 2nd rounder

No way would I make that trade for a second if I were the Bills--that basically values Roscoe as 11 spots between the very end of the 2nd and the third round. No thanks.....

No way would I make that trade for a second if I were the Bills--that basically values Roscoe as 11 spots between the very end of the 2nd and the third round. No thanks.....

According to the trade value chart, that trade (Roscoe and Bills 3rd for Pittsburgh's 2nd) would mean that Roscoe is equivalent to 55 points, which is a late 4th round pick.

I actually don't see Pittsburgh making this trade. They like their wide receivers to block well which is something Roscoe simply cannot do. Do they value him that much as a return man? I don't think so.

To Big Daddy (the OP), on what radio station did you hear this?

If we make this trade it would be yet another mistake by our front office IMO. I know Roscoe makes quite a bit of coin for a PR/seldom used WR but I think his contributions on special teams are more than worth it. Even if he only gets to field a couple punts a game, he usually has at least one where he flips the field position. Every time there is one that is very returnable, he has the potential to bring it back. At the very least, teams will kick away from him and sacrifice 10 or 15 yards of field position to do so.

Why we would get rid of a guy who is elite in the role he is asked to do in order to grab an extra 4th or 5th round pick is beyond me. I know we have a bunch of WRs on the roster but cut Jenkins or something. Do we really want McKelvin playing every down at CB, returning kicks, AND returning punts? I like Freddy Jackson as much as the next guy but having Roscoe return punts is a huge area of strenghth for us and I don't understand why we would continue to weaken ourselves in one of the few areas we excel in.

If we make this trade it would be yet another mistake by our front office IMO. I know Roscoe makes quite a bit of coin for a PR/seldom used WR but I think his contributions on special teams are more than worth it. Even if he only gets to field a couple punts a game, he usually has at least one where he flips the field position. Every time there is one that is very returnable, he has the potential to bring it back. At the very least, teams will kick away from him and sacrifice 10 or 15 yards of field position to do so.

Why we would get rid of a guy who is elite in the role he is asked to do in order to grab an extra 4th or 5th round pick is beyond me. I know we have a bunch of WRs on the roster but cut Jenkins or something. Do we really want McKelvin playing every down at CB, returning kicks, AND returning punts? I like Freddy Jackson as much as the next guy but having Roscoe return punts is a huge area of strenghth for us and I don't understand why we would continue to weaken ourselves in one of the few areas we excel in.

What he said.

We'd sorely miss Roscoe once he's gone. Punt returners don't grow on trees and he was the best last year.

fred jackson can more than handle the job. He proved it last year. Returners should be special teams guys that you get in the 5th round or lower (Joe Burnett) not 2nd round picks....Parrish was a mistake in 2nd round, time to cut bait and get what we can.

We have the top punt returner from college football, we have one of the top kick returners in the league and he can be switched. We have a backup running back who did great when returning. Is Roscoe the product of a good system?

how many times does our top returner have to fair catch, or otherwise have an unreturnable punt. I would do these trades.

According to the trade value chart, that trade (Roscoe and Bills 3rd for Pittsburgh's 2nd) would mean that Roscoe is equivalent to 55 points, which is a late 4th round pick.

I actually don't see Pittsburgh making this trade. They like their wide receivers to block well which is something Roscoe simply cannot do. Do they value him that much as a return man? I don't think so.

To Big Daddy (the OP), on what radio station did you hear this?

Here's where the story broke.

It doesnt reference the picks involved though.

We have the top punt returner from college football, we have one of the top kick returners in the league and he can be switched. We have a backup running back who did great when returning. Is Roscoe the product of a good system?

how many times does our top returner have to fair catch, or otherwise have an unreturnable punt. I would do these trades.

Great point. We have 4 good return men right now. Parrish, McKelvin, Freddy, and McGee.

When was the last time we had a bad return man? That's rhetorical. My point is it has been a while and it won't change much with Roscoe gone.