Anyone ever have a sleep study done?

buckeyemike

Damn. You're lucky. I can't stand the damn thing. I just can't sleep with it on. Literally I'll just lay there all night no matter how tired I am.

I had the same experience.

Then, when I moved to SF, i tried again and had much better luck. First of all, the technician was far superior to the one I had in Buffalo, she took her time and listened to me and had a wide variety of options. Also, it should be noted the technology got better, too.

For what it's worth, i have to use a mask with nasal pillows...that makes a HUGE difference to me. Also, the machine has to have C-FLEX, the ability to ramp up to pressure and a heated humidifier. It makes a big difference in my overall health, blood pressure, etc.

Still, to be fair, there are nights I can't stand the thing, and have to rip it off to sleep. But, those nights are much rarer now.

(Of course, I should note that my machine broke recently, and I have no health insurance to get a new one. I'm saving up, though, as it makes a big difference, for me.)

But, a CPAP isn't for everyone. There are alternative treatments.

It is all designed for one solution - the mask you wear when you sleep. Doctors recommend it too much in my opinion.

You only have to wear the mask if you're ugly.

What?

Well, we will see what the study says in a couple of weeks.

I didn't sleep very well, and the plug they put in my nose kept bothering me. I think I may have pulled one of the monitoring wires out in my sleep as well. They woke me at 5:15 after only about five hours of sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it turns out that I have mild obstructive sleep apnea.

At this time, I need to contact my dentist to be fitted for a nocturnal airway appliance for OSA. No C-PAP machine at this point. The doctor also suggested I lose weight (I am down to 203) and maybe sew tennis balls to my bedclothes so I don't sleep on my back. :rolleyes: