And we wonder why the Bills suck!?

DaGimp

Two things I got from this video:

1. I, or anyone on this board, has as much ability to scout as this guy

2. "He’s one of nine fulltime members of the Bills’ college scouting operation. "

-- Nine scouts? NINE! This is the NFL. Nine scouts is not going to get it done. If it were my team we would have 9 TEAMS of scouts, not 9. No wonder we trade up to draft guys like McCargo.

2. "He’s one of nine fulltime members of the Bills’ college scouting operation. "

-- Nine scouts? NINE! This is the NFL. Nine scouts is not going to get it done. If it were my team we would have 9 TEAMS of scouts, not 9. No wonder we trade up to draft guys like McCargo.

Sure you would, if you happen to have this kind of devotion:

For five years, from 2002 through ’07, Fisher worked his day job as a financial analyst for a bank. At night he would study tapes of college football games and write up his own reports on the top 100 or so prospects in the country.

Nine full time scouts is about the average number for an NFL team.

Yes, this is the mentality of Bills fans.

1. If a Bills scout wasn't scouting in grade school, they obviously suck.

2. Rhodes is a horrible pickup for a 3rd string RB because he's not Ladanian Tomlinson.

3. Add your own twisted logic for #3 through 40.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Some NFL teams don't even have scouting departments.

I'm not going to look up the personnel departments of all 32 teams but here's the guys who scout college for the Washington Redskins who are one of the wealthiest teams in the league. They employ seven college scouts.

Joel Patten National Scout

Russ Bolinger National Scout

Tim Gribble Area Scout

Shemy Schembechler Area Scout

Jim Zeches Area Scout

Mike Faulkiner Area Scout

Chip Flanagan College Scouting Assistant

And the Indianapolis Colts who have a very good scouting department. They employ 7 college scouts , however Bill Polian is also heavily involved with scouting.

Todd Vasvari, Eastern Regional Scout

John Becker, Area Scout

Ryan Cavanaugh, Area Scout

Mark Ellenz, Area Scout

Bob Guarini, Area Scout

Byron Lusby, Area Scout

Matt Terpening, Area Scout

Check out one of the guys picking talent in the draft- someone with a financial background...hmm that's weird....

Bills Scout

You do realize that Bill Polian started out the same way, right?

Bill got his start producing scounting reports in his basement (with his brother) that he peddled to NFL and CFL teams. Marv liked his work and took a chance...and the rest is history.

If you take a look at other NFL teams, you'll see that about the norm... :huh:

Two examples:

Colts

Giants

1. Then send them your scouting reports and see if they, or any team hires you.

2. You are an idiot, 9 teams of scouts, yeah ok.

Yes, this is the mentality of Bills fans.

1. If a Bills scout wasn't scouting in grade school, they obviously suck.

2. Rhodes is a horrible pickup for a 3rd string RB because he's not Ladanian Tomlinson.

3. Add your own twisted logic for #3 through 40.

3. Ralphie is too cheap to hire qualified scouts.

From the link:

"Fisher never played college football. He graduated from a college, Oakland University in Michigan, that doesn’t even have a team. No one in his family worked in the football business. He never interned with any NFL team. He did not know a single person in major college football or the NFL when he graduated from college in 2002 and set to work in earnest on his goal of becoming an NFL scout.

"For five years, from 2002 through ’07, Fisher worked his day job as a financial analyst for a bank. At night he would study tapes of college football games and write up his own reports on the top 100 or so prospects in the country."

Yep, that resume just screams "Hire me as a football scout".

But, who knows, maybe he really does have a natural knack for it.

So this guy works a real job to pay the bills, and in his spare time works on a hobby he has. Through hard work, his efforts pay off and now he's a paid scout, getting paid to do his hobby, and you guys are bashing him for this?

Un-frickin-believeable