New Player Grades

Estro

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...llPositions.htm

Funny how there has been absolutely no talk about Clint Sintim in the media and he has been graded as a first round talent all along. Guys like Larry English have been hyped but Clint Sintim has flown under the media radar all along. It'll be interesting to see if he actually is selected in the first round. I think he'd be a great fit for the Bills, as he has been a solid pass rusher and could fill a hole at OLB. For the record I don't think he'll go in the 25-30 range so we may have a chance.

Also interesting is the fading of Everette Brown. Not too long ago it looked like he may not last until our pick. Now according to this board he may be around for our second 1st round pick. I'm not sure that will actually come true, but it would be nice.

Also look at how low they have BJ Raji rated. It staring to look like he may be available when we are on the clock. The more you look at this chart the more you realize the Bills would benefit greatly from a trade down with a team in the 17-21 range. For a jump like that the team would have to cough up their 1st and 2nd ad in return we'd probably have to throw them back our original 4th round pick. Under a scenario like this the Bills would select at say #17, #28, #42, #49. Then with our 3rd round pick and the Eagles 4th round pick we have the ammo to come up a few spots to target the players we really like. Bit of a pipe dream, but seems like the best way to fill our many holes (OT, OG, DE, LB, TE, SS).

With our picks as is, here is my REALISTIC mock:

#11- Tyson Jackson

#28- Clint Sintim

#42- Andy Levitre

#75- Chip Vaughn

With a team trading up (we'll use the JETS for this mock): BILLS get: #17 & #53 (1320 pts.), JETS get: #11 & #110 (1324 pts.)

#17- Robert Ayers

#20- Brandon Pettigrew, worth 850 pts. (Lions get #28 & #75 = 875 pts.)

#42-Andy Levitre

#53-Jamon Meredith

#75- TRADED to LIONS

Tyson Jackson at 11 is less likely than trading our first round pick to the Packers for Duke Preston

I agree that it is unlikely the bills take Tyson Jackson. My personal belief though, is that he'd be a good pick for the Bills. When the weather gets nasty in November and December you need some stout guys to stop the run up front and that's what he is. Plus on 3rd and distance he could kick inside and rush the passer. He would make more of an impact on day 1 then Maybin or Brown could provide. I also DO NOT like Orakpo and I don't think the Bills do either.

I'm not saying that Modrak is going to speak the truth at the combine, but his comments about Orakpo didn't seem that convincing. In particular he doesn't seem to think he is a speed rusher. He goes on to say that Orakpo does more than rush the passer, but anyone who is familiar with his game tape knows he struggles holding the point of attack against the run. So if he's not a speed rusher, and he's been average against the run in college is he really worth the #11 pick. I don't think so.

1. Go to Press Conferences on the side

2. Click to Page 2 at bottom

3. Click Tom Modrak Interview

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...5e-61bb32dc3646

Around 3:14 he fields a question about Orakpo.

not sure how reliable PFW is really. I'm waiting on Gosselin's annual top 100 prospects (which it's rumored he gets help from actual NFL personnel people).

There is very little rationale that I can see that would have a sloppy and lazy MLB like Maualuga rated over an athlete, and workaholic like Everette Brown who plays a much more demanding position. Also that ranking for Raji seems to fly in the face of what a lot of NFL scouts are saying. I can only guess that it would have only to do with the false rumors of his drug testing.

There is very little rationale that I can see that would have a sloppy and lazy MLB like Maualuga rated over an athlete, and workaholic like Everette Brown who plays a much more demanding position. Also that ranking for Raji seems to fly in the face of what a lot of NFL scouts are saying. I can only guess that it would have only to do with the false rumors of his drug testing.

Ignore the rankings and look at the grades. The difference between Maclin at #8 and Raji at 26 is the same as the gap between Raji at 26 and Donald Brown at 27. The difference doesn't amount to a hill of beans. That said, they do have a character flag on his grade, so that may be part of it.