Draft...V.2

Remember, I'm an "Armchair" gm, and this is strictly my personal rendition of the 2009 buffalo Bills Draft.

Round 1:

#11 traded to late teens, early twenties...

pick 1a. Brandon Pettigrew, TE. I've been on a roller cater with this kid, but the tale of the tape is that he is the best all around TE in the draft.

pick #28; Connor Barwin, DE. Stock raised considerably after the super performance at the combine. This kid is a physical specimen with a tremendous work ethic. He is a character guy and won't be around @ #42.

Round 2:

#42; Eric Wood, C, Louisville. Bigger, stronger, and faster than both Mack & Unger. More durable too with 47 consecutive starts.

Round 3;

a. (picked up from trade out of R1, #11) Craig Urbik, G, Wisconsin.

b. #75; Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forrest.

Round 4:

#110: Zach Follet, OLD, Cal.

#121: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman...guy is a freak of nature for his size...he blows it up every play.

Potential for another round 4 pick for Roscoe...maybe an OT

Round 5:

a. #147; Antone Smith, RB, FL St. Way too good to pass on here with the volatility at RB at OBD. 4.33 40yd, Benched 225 33x. Home run guy.

b. # (more likely to pick this up for Roscoe) Joel Bell, OT, Furman.

Round 6:

a. Jamarko Simmons, WR, W MI. Guy has T.O.'s size. Looks to be what we expected out of Reed a few years ago with RAC ability

b. (assuming someone wants Kelsay) Brandon Swain, DE, W. TX A&M.

Round 7:

Tony Fiammetta, FB, Cuse. Strength listed as "powerful run blocking", but he can catch it out of the backfield too.

FIRE AWAY!! :thumbsup:

Remember, I'm an "Armchair" gm, and this is strictly my personal rendition of the 2009 buffalo Bills Draft.

Round 1:

#11 traded to late teens, early twenties...

pick 1a. Brandon Pettigrew, TE. I've been on a roller cater with this kid, but the tale of the tape is that he is the best all around TE in the draft.

pick #28; Connor Barwin, DE. Stock raised considerably after the super performance at the combine. This kid is a physical specimen with a tremendous work ethic. He is a character guy and won't be around @ #42.

Round 2:

#42; Eric Wood, C, Louisville. Bigger, stronger, and faster than both Mack & Unger. More durable too with 47 consecutive starts.

Round 3;

a. (picked up from trade out of R1, #11) Craig Urbik, G, Wisconsin.

b. #75; Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forrest.

Round 4:

#110: Zach Follet, OLD, Cal.

#121: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman...guy is a freak of nature for his size...he blows it up every play.

Potential for another round 4 pick for Roscoe...maybe an OT

Round 5:

a. #147; Antone Smith, RB, FL St. Way too good to pass on here with the volatility at RB at OBD. 4.33 40yd, Benched 225 33x. Home run guy.

b. # (more likely to pick this up for Roscoe) Joel Bell, OT, Furman.

Round 6:

a. Jamarko Simmons, WR, W MI. Guy has T.O.'s size. Looks to be what we expected out of Reed a few years ago with RAC ability

b. (assuming someone wants Kelsay) Brandon Swain, DE, W. TX A&M.

Round 7:

Tony Fiammetta, FB, Cuse. Strength listed as "powerful run blocking", but he can catch it out of the backfield too.

FIRE AWAY!! :thumbsup:

I'd take it. I don't know about Barwin though. He seems like more of a rush OLB than a guy who could play LE in our defense, but he definitely had a GREAT combine and shows serious explosiveness for a guy who only played DE for 1 season at Cincinnatti.

Pretty good. I'm also not a big fan of Barwin, though. Other than that I like it. I like Follet and Antone Smith a lot, although as far as Smith goes, I don't know about RB being a need whatsoever. No matter what round.

Agreed, but if he's there...how can you pass up on a guy that fast, and that strong...?

I'd take it. I don't know about Barwin though. He seems like more of a rush OLB than a guy who could play LE in our defense, but he definitely had a GREAT combine and shows serious explosiveness for a guy who only played DE for 1 season at Cincinnatti.

I think he's got 2 seasons under his belt. I believe he converted from TE after his Soph campaign. He's also got a frame that can pack on a few lbs. and with a pro strength trainer this guy will be a force...would you rather have him rushing Trent? NE's predicted to scoop him up in a few mocks that I've seen....NO THANKS!

Connor Barwin #5 DE

CAREER STATS

TACKLES FUMBLES FORCED INTERCEPTIONS

60 0 0

Birth Date October 15, 1986

Hometown HAZEL PARK, MI

Height 6-4

Weight 255 lbs.

Stats Overview Tackles Misc Interceptions

YEAR TOT SOLO AST SACK

2005 2 2 0 0

2006 8 8 0 0

2007 3 3 0 0

2008 47 26 21 10

To tell you the truth, I'd be very happy with this draft. The only noticable pick that I wouldn't want is Barwin. I think his upside is what I like about him, but I just would rather choose someone else. Matthews, Britton, English or Jarron Gilbert would be other choices that I'd rather have with the #28 pick

I have a hard time taking seriously mock drafts that involve trade downs (not that mock drafts really should be taken seriously to start with).

That said, I really like the players you've selected. I think Barwin at #28 is a very serious possibility. I think Wood would be a great pick in the 2nd (he might not even last till then). Pettigrew would be great at the spot we traded down to. Chip Vaughn looks like a beast in the highlights I've seen. Urbick I'm not sure about - not a good athlete really, and I think the 3rd round is too high to take a guy like him.

I think we probably need to get a tackle somewhere in the first 3 rounds. Some possibilities in the 3rd might be Gerald Cadogan from Penn State, Fenuki Tupou from Oregon (more likely a RT or guard), or a real freak athlete like Xavier Fulton out of Illinois, who (kind of like Bell) is still learning the position, but his potential is unlimited.