Overlooking the Talent of the NFL

Virgil

When I look at this year's draft class, I can't help but notice how there appears to be only two Qb's who people feel are "NFL" ready. Yes, there are a few others that people have good feelings about, but still only the main two. Now, history has shown us that less than half of the first round picks live up to expectations which means that only one, if not both of these guys could really fall flat on their face.

Think about that for a moment. Out of all the college programs and all the kids in the US growing up playing football, there are only 2 people that are expected to perform at an NFL level this year, and they both might fail. Plus, in today's world, most of these kids are getting trained from birth. What does that say about how skilled a person has to be to play in the NFL. I know that none of us thought it was easy. But possibly not a single person?!?!

Now I know that there will be a diamond in the rough and other years have 3-5 Qb's highly praised, but still. If you look at some of the other positions, like Guard, there isn't anyone really predicted to be a sound, NFL ready, prospect.

Plus, if you look at how many teams still don't have a definite answer for their current Qb position, even after years of drafts and failure's, it pretty amazing.

I don't know. I just think we really forget sometimes how difficult a sport this is to make it in and how much appreciation should be had for the guys who do.

Don't even get me started on baseball.....