Michael Crabtree would have likely become a Bill

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/23/...-been-a-corner/

Texas Tech receiver Michael Crabtree explained during a Wednesday night appearance on Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show that he didn’t attend the University of Texas because they wanted him to play cornerback.

“They told me they wanted me to play cornerback,” Crabtree said. “And I said, ‘Cornerback? I’ve never been cut on before but I score touchdowns.’ I never heard from them again.”

Crabtree claims that he didn’t use the Longhorns’ preference as motivation.

“I never held it against them or anything like that but like I said, I score touchdowns,” Crabtree said. “I never really said anything in college, but I’m not in college any more so I can tell them that now.”

Dick Jauron: Michael is a good young man, who offer's us flexability in that he can play both ways. He gives us good depth at cornerback, while he learns the wide receiver position.

Adds Ralph Wilson: "Errr...we thought (uh), Mike could come in and (hmm) play both sides of the ball, like the old days....err, uh...he probably wouldn't be brazen to ask for a new contract for at least two years...errr, hmm...then we figure, we could trade his malcontent ass somewhere else...we're a small market team...we gotta save whatever dollars we can now, to ensure this franchise a long existance in Toront...err WNY...imagine though, getting a starting WR and a starting defensive back with one pick...now we can trade the #28 pick for some conditional 6th or 7th round picks in 2011" :thumbsup: