Russ Brandon TXT Chat

tough, unreasonable crowd. As if he is going to walk us through their draft board via a public text session. :thumbsup:

Which again begs the question of why he bothered doing this in the first place ...

Then again, this is EXACTLY what I expected when I first read about it, so I can't say I'm disappointed by the result.

Look, of course he's not going to divulge anything major but there's vanilla and then there's Russ Brandon. The first is like drinking water and the other is like drinking water after you've had your taste buds removed and your nose plugged.

I seem to remember John Butler and Tom Donahoe being much more interesting in their vanilla responses. There was always something that you could reflect on and try to guess the meaning of. They would typically throw us some kind of bone.

Not that I'm complaining. Bill Belichick and his disciples are making this league more paranoid, less fan-friendly, and more covert than ever before. They feel they have little to gain and much to lose by leaking too much information and they're probably right.

Thanks, BillsguyinMalta. This speaks to one of my concerns about Brandon: not ready for prime time. These boilerplate non-answers suggests someone who doesn't possess the courage of his own convictions regarding fan interaction. Why do it if you have no interest in answering the most vanilla of questions? I'm not saying he should give away the store, but some of these answers simply insult fans' intelligence. Belichick is typically pretty uniniformative, but he's unique and moreover he's earned it. A lot of guys are more open than this (AJ Smith; Polian), and in comparison he comes across as a scared robot. I mean, does he really think that if he says that yeah, we need a defensive end, he's torpedoing the Bills draft board?? He's going to draft 11th regardless of whether he admits this, and the same guys are going to be available. I hope I'm not reading too much into this, but he's just confirming BADOL's assessment here.

Question Two: TSW, do you feel that finding another defensive playmaker is a must in this draft?

TSW:

Question Three: What do you think of QB Drew Willy in the later rounds?

TSW:

Question Four: What position would you like to address most in this year's draft?

TSW:

Question Five: Thanks TSW for taking a chance on T.O. What was your overall goal by bringing him in?

TSW:

Question Six: What are the chances of trading down on draft day?

TSW:

Question Seven: Hey TSW, who is your sleeper pick? (this one ought to be good)

TSW:

Question Eight: How do you blend the draft after your efforts in Free Agency?

TSW:

Question Nine: What about the O-Line in Free Agency?

TSW:

Feel free to fill in the blanks, folks....

Feel free to fill in the blanks, folks....

Question Two: TSW, do you feel that finding another defensive playmaker is a must in this draft?

TSW: Absolutely. We're always looking to add defensive playmakers and this year's draft is another excellent opportunity.

Question Three: What do you think of QB Drew Willy in the later rounds?

TSW: Who?

Question Four: What position would you like to address most in this year's draft?

TSW: We really like the TE candidates in this year's draft class, but you can never have too many CBs.

Question Five: Thanks TSW for taking a chance on T.O. What was your overall goal by bringing him in?

TSW: TO is a playmaker and we're always looking to add more playmakers to our team. We hope he helps us achieve our goal of reaching the Super Bowl.

Question Six: What are the chances of trading down on draft day?

TSW: Slim to none. We like out current positions. However, we always keep our options available if they arise.

Question Seven: Hey TSW, who is your sleeper pick? (this one ought to be good)

TSW: I've heard that Drew Willy seems like a solid late round pick.

Question Eight: How do you blend the draft after your efforts in Free Agency?

TSW: With Scotch and a twist of Lime. Seriously, the draft is a very important aspect of our goal, but we see it more as building toward the future and like to use the FA's to help in the near term.

Question Nine: What about the O-Line in Free Agency?

TSW: I think we've added several nice players and corrected some longstanding problems. Right now, I'd say we're right on track with where we want to be.

Thanks for posting this but like i figured .. it was pointless... he shouldnt tell us anything important

Yeah, agree -- I'd have been pissed if he *was* specific. He can't tip his hand just before the draft. He must remain coy.

Which again begs the question of why he bothered doing this in the first place ...

Then again, this is EXACTLY what I expected when I first read about it, so I can't say I'm disappointed by the result.

Ya, to me this is kind of degrading. Does Russ think these answers will make the fans happy or let them gain insight on the draft? It makes me think that he thinks we are idiots. I'm probably overreacting, but I think we're all going a little crazy this week.