Criminalizing legal advice - CIA, waterboarding

Who is this four fingered hand you keep talking about? Do you have names? Why four the way? No love for the thumb by?

Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Emanual. I suppose the thumb could be Geithner, but I highly doubt Geithner is smart enough to manipulate Obama. He's a treasury secretary who actually cheated on his taxes, so he's more of a dumbass in my book.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Obama goes way back with those people. He's been friends with them for years. :thumbsup: Buddy buddy, closed door deals and all that.

I'd love to know where you got that theory from, Seeing as how two of those people endorsed Clinton during the primaries. And I do not think Obama and Pelosi even knew each other before the election.

My opinion is that Obama hates Pelosi. Her very existence and far left stance really kills the bi-partisanship he's trying to achieve. (example: http://www.newsweek.com/id/186961). She's crazy far left and he's a centrist. They do not get along well.

Yes, Obama goes way back with those people. He's been friends with them for years. :thumbsup: Buddy buddy, closed door deals and all that.

I'd love to know where you got that theory from, Seeing as how two of those people endorsed Clinton during the primaries. And I do not think Obama and Pelosi even knew each other before the election.

My opinion is that Obama hates Pelosi. Her very existence and far left stance really kills the bi-partisanship he's trying to achieve. (example: http://www.newsweek.com/id/186961). She's crazy far left and he's a centrist. They do not get along well.

Obama is a centrist? :beer:

Remember his starting point. He thinks John Mcccain is an uber-conservative.

I hope by "he" you were not referring to me? I dare you to find me one post where I called McCain conservative. In fact during the election I complimented and said I'd vote for him if Obama didn't just blow him out of the water. (also the crazy VP turned off any options of me voting for him)

Dude whatever if you want to hate, but get your facts straight.

Her very existence and far left stance really kills the bi-partisanship he's trying to achieve.

Y'know, if you'd stop going to the typical lib school of "If a conservative says it, I must disagree, even if I agree," and once...just ONCE...took some time to pay attention and think for yourself, you'll find that I am essentially making the same argument. Obama doesn't know what the !@#$ he's doing. He's the ass-puppet of Pelosi, Reid, Frank and Emanual. THEY helped get him elected. If they consider it important, then THEY decide what he will do and what he won't do. I even went so far as to suggest that Obama probably would prefer to reach across the aisle more, but this four-fingered hand up his ass won't let the puppet do his thing.

Case in point: going after the lawyers who drafted the torture docs. One day they say ""We won't prosecute. We must look forward." Two days later, "It's really not my decision. It's up to the attorney general."

I'm not sure which of the four fingers got to play puppet on that, but rest assured Obama is proving to be nothing more than a mouthpiece they're sending around the country to make speeches and help people feel good about all the nothing he says he'll be doing one day. His spine is made of jello and I'm getting to the point where I understand why the libs didn't want Hillary; because she wouldn't take this shhiit. Obama is good at being an ass puppet, which is what his entire Chicago resume is all about.

Think for yourself. Conner. Stop with the blind allegiance. Nut up and pay attention.

sh--, he thinks I'm a Republican.

His metrics aren't miscalibrated, just skewed en masse.

I think you are fairly center, or at least reasonable. The only thing I don't understand about you is why you don't think man caused global warming. I think it's the weirdest thing you think that way. We'll revisit that one of these days though.

But again, I love how everyone is telling me what I believe. It's becoming entertaining.

Sure let's call names, that will get your point across.

Anyways, the left attacks this guy all the time. His stimulus bills was not big enough, his stance on gay marriage is too weak, he doesn't support marijuana, he's not pushing for the prosecution of Bush's officials, his NSA and spying policies are really angering a lot of people on the left. He's performing immigration raids, the war in Iraq is still going on.

Call him what you want, but "among the most liberal politicians" is not an accurate statement. he's pissing off a lot of lefty's

Which has nothing to do with the main issue that the next slew of lawyers and any professionals who could come under politically-induced indictments will not be as willing to provide advice in critical situations.

You know, just what a POTUS needs, a bunch of advisers who won't advise.

Good piece about the 'slow-roll' phenomona among workers at the CIA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9042102969.html

Paralysis from their already risk-averse legal counsel would be icing on the cake.

Sure let's call names, that will get your point across.

Anyways, the left attacks this guy all the time. His stimulus bills was not big enough, his stance on gay marriage is too weak, he doesn't support marijuana, he's not pushing for the prosecution of Bush's officials, his NSA and spying policies are really angering a lot of people on the left. He's performing immigration raids, the war in Iraq is still going on.

Call him what you want, but "among the most liberal politicians" is not an accurate statement. he's pissing off a lot of lefty's

The left complaining about what Obama has done to date is like Marilyn Chambers (may she rest in peace) complaining that John Holmes just wasn't big enough. Open your eyes, Conner. Think for yourself.

I think you are fairly center, or at least reasonable. The only thing I don't understand about you is why you don't think man caused global warming. I think it's the weirdest thing you think that way. We'll revisit that one of these days though.

That's because you're an idiot. I never said man didn't cause global warming. I said global waming is bad science and more akin to religion.

It's a consistent problem in reading comprehension that you demonstrate. Including in this thread.

Good piece about the 'slow-roll' phenomona among workers at the CIA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9042102969.html

Paralysis from their already risk-averse legal counsel would be icing on the cake.

Yep. And good luck getting any attorney to EVER take a position with ANY administration where he may have to interpret existing statutes without the benefit of much past precedent. Criminal prosecution? I would lose a lot of respect for Obama if he pursued this route.

Yep. And good luck getting any attorney to EVER take a position with ANY administration where he may have to interpret existing statutes without the benefit of much past precedent. Criminal prosecution? I would lose a lot of respect for Obama if he pursued this route.

Even if he does not, the problem is that the damage is done. Just raising the possibility encourages an underlying tendancy.

A problem with most government workforces is that the incentives are different - advancement generally comes from a combination time in grade and working in various offices, not productivity and achievement. The upside of doing something positive and out of the norm does not outweigh the downside of screwing up. Thus the mantra "keep your head down and don't make waves." The smart choice is to do the task assigned and never be pro-active, always punt potentially controversial actions or decisions to other organizations, and to low-ball expectations on productivity to management ("our job is hard" and "we don't have enough people"). Because at the end of the day, management doesn't ask 'how many widgets did my underlings produce,' but rather 'did my underlings screw up, upset my bosses, and hurt my own chances at promotion.' The smart manager is just there to have his ticket punched - he keeps his head down, and wants like-minded individuals working for him.