Stock rising DT Josh Leonard

Beerball

That was when Leonard wowed NFL scouts by bench-pressing 225 pounds 41 times and completing the pro-agility test in 4.35 seconds.

41 reps on the bench press :rolleyes: That's phenominal. He ran a 4.88 40 time and was as quick as some LB's in the agility drills? Sounds like he could be a steal for somebody.

Sounds like a workout wonder to me and at 298 pounds he is too light in the ass for me. I still remember days of Ted Washington and Pat Williams -- this tampa 2/cover 2 defense is the worst defensive scheme in the history of defense. I hate the morons that say "he's a three technique" or "a five technique." Bullsh$#! I'll take the big men with attitudes and plug the middle of the line all day against your penetrating gap DT's.

Another DT that should be availiable in the later rounds is Terrence Taylor from Michigan. He's very strong and stout against the run,also surprisingly agile for a fireplug type DT. He's somewhat short and the Wolverines D was bad this year so his stock has really slipped. Going into the college seaon he was viewed as a possible first round pick. I think he may be a sleeper for somebody.

nice another undersized player-just what this team needs

Sounds like a workout wonder to me and at 298 pounds he is too light in the ass for me. I still remember days of Ted Washington and Pat Williams -- this tampa 2/cover 2 defense is the worst defensive scheme in the history of defense. I hate the morons that say "he's a three technique" or "a five technique." Bullsh$#! I'll take the big men with attitudes and plug the middle of the line all day against your penetrating gap DT's.

You guys are obsessing on size. His size is less relevant than his ability. He's 6'2" 298 pounds. He ran a 4.88 forty. I'm not saying this guy is going to amount to anything or not. I have no idea.

But just to remind you Warren Sapp came into the league at 6'2" and 300 pounds. He ran a 4.84 forty. He had a good career:

7× Pro Bowl selection (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)

4× First-team All-Pro selection (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)

2× Second-team All-Pro selection (1997, 1998)

Super Bowl champion (XXXVII)

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

1999 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

96.5 career sacks

John Randle came into the league at 6'2" 290 pounds. He also was very quick and fast. He also had a good career:

7x Pro Bowl selection (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001)

6x First-Team All-Pro selection (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

137.5 career sacks

Sapp was a first round pick. Randle was not drafted. If you live life and make judgements based solely on one criteria, you're going to miss out on a lot of very good things.