Draft Question

Virgil

This may be a really dumb question, but is the NFL Draft's first pick really at 4pm? I remember almost every other year starting at noon. I also heard that only the first two rounds were on Saturday and round 3 kicked off Sunday.

I know that last year they cut the time for picks down, but when did this happen?

I completely forgot about how they wanted the first round to be closer to a prime time event, so now I'll be stuck working a shift while the draft is going on :rolleyes:

They should have it at Noon again and add the 3rd round back onto Saturday. It was great when the NFL basically owned the weekend instead of cowtowing(sp) to the networks. The 4pm start is just ridiculous. It was nice when you could get crap done around the house and crack a beer around noon and kick back and enjoy a full day of speculation and hope.

I love the later start! After running the kids between softball and soccer all day, it'll be nice to actually watch the draft well into the evening. I'm gonna have some buddies over and turn it into a rather fun Saturday night. I hope this time sticks.

Hopefully it doesn't stick to your shorts.

They should have it at Noon again and add the 3rd round back onto Saturday. It was great when the NFL basically owned the weekend instead of cowtowing(sp) to the networks. The 4pm start is just ridiculous. It was nice when you could get crap done around the house and crack a beer around noon and kick back and enjoy a full day of speculation and hope.

I agree. It really surprised me when they cut down the times for making picks, given the money involved, and time needed for wheeling and dealing.