Robert Ayers 9

Everette Brown 22

Brian Orakpo 21

Aaron Maybin 16 (soph)

Tyson Jackson 16

Larry English 30

Michael Johnson 20

*Connor Barwin 10 *(1 season at DE)

It's hard to compare these guys to the all time greats but these stats are interesting to look at.

After reading this that is what you take from it? wow :oops:

haha, just giving you a hard time. I think it's valuable to look at, and a good post. I wonder how much different eras effect the numbers.

note - man, college stats are hard to find. I was just trying to quickly look up some prominent current DEs college sack totals and had no success at all.

haha, just giving you a hard time. I think it's valuable to look at, and a good post. I wonder how much different eras effect the numbers.

note - man, college stats are hard to find. I was just trying to quickly look up some prominent current DEs college sack totals and had no success at all.

Hah, Ya it wasn't that easy especially for the older players. Another reason I made this was so that people realize in most cases you have to be productive in college to be productive in the pro's. Which is why Ayers scares the hell out of me.

Hah, Ya it wasn't that easy especially for the older players. Another reason I made this was so that people realize in most cases you have to be productive in college to be productive in the pro's. Which is why Ayers scares the hell out of me.

agreed, having only 9 sacks is pretty terrible. I'm sure he's better than that number, but still....

Career college sack stats of Hall of Fame DE's and Current 2009 draft prospects...

It's hard to compare these guys to the all time greats but these stats are interesting to look at.

Excellent post. It was suggested in an excellent article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that many scouts feel that this year's offensive tackle class doesn't measure up to many recent drafts.

It may be the case with the defensive ends also. Every player at both of these positions has at least one major question mark.

In addition, according to two recent studies which I've recently posted, both of these positions rank very high in the number of first round busts.

Too bad they are both positions of need for the Bills.

I love how in some of the reviews of these guys, draft experts will talk about the lack of sacks in college and say how they expect them to "figure it out" at the next level. Like, these guys were getting stuffed by scrubs freshmen in college, but will magically find it easier against NFL Tackles. Or, as if sacking the QB isn't something they try to do in college.

Overall, great find here. This is why I don't want a pure DE at number 11. A LB/DE hybrid, yes. If only to cover our ass if he doesn't pan out at one.