Brandon "TheAxeMan"

JinWPB

May be the FO's just bluffing will all these "trade blocks." If they're not that serious about trading them, then why not float the rumors? Two things are going to happen: they'll get a team to bite and take more than what they believe a player is worth, or they sit on their hand and see if a fire appears under the asses of some of their players.

Well, I would hope it would light some fires under these players. Jauron certainly won't be lighting any fires under them, so Russ has to. However, I can just as likely see some players thinking they're being "disrespected" by all this trade talk (especially if they think they're worth millions!).

I'm glad someone is going through this team and trying to eliminate the dead wood. Kelsey? Simpson? They come cheap, but are hardly impact players. Is Denney still on the team? Can he be traded too?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead wood is a flyin , go Brandon.

Doesn't make some recent drafts look all that good, but if this is what it takes to build a winner....

Ko just never lived up to the hype of his rookie year and has been outplayed on the field.

If he goes I could see a safety early in 4th.

Wonder what Whitner will bring????

Seems like Russ is just bent on getting rid of all "Marv's guys"!! :rolleyes:

Another testament to the amazing focus this franchise has had the last few years....

It was on the bottom crawl about 9pm tonight.

I have not heard a word about McCargo. Roscoe and Kelsey are still dangling.

Thinking we get picks in exchange, I don't know. Could be other players also.

The young blood in the FO is really shaking this team up this offseason.

I hope it works out, can't be lot worse than 7-9 forever.

Hey, maybe we will pick first next year, we haven't done that in a while..

The "young blood" you refer to are all guys that have been here since the Donohoe era... they are just setting out to clean up their own mess.

What do you mean? Jauron's on the block too? :rolleyes:

I think Jauron and Wilson go down together, just like Wilson said.

But the main football argument for keeping Jauron was that the Bills were building something and they wanted Jauron to maintain that continuity. And then the Bills blow up their OL and rumors start swirling that a number of players are on the trading block. There is no continuity if the team purges its roster and only keeps its head coach.

But, then, some suspected Jauron was kept because of the money all along.

Make sense they have Winslow i would love alex smith to be our TE.

Why? Because you recognize his name? His best season he caught 41 passes for 367 yards and 2 TD's. I can't imagine that kind of talent can't be re-produced. :rolleyes:

Other than Parrish I can't see anybody trading for these guys. Kelsay is too expensive and Simpson will likely be cut.

Agree there. Although I can see Kelsay "re-structuring" his contract, AKA taking a pay cut. He just seems like that kind of guy. And I don't think he wants to test the tepid waters of free agency.

I don't think Simpson will be cut, but I could be wrong. His contract is so small he'll be a more than serviceable backup when called upon.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but Trent Edwards played with Alex Smith at Stanford.

It was brief, but their Stanford careers did overlap for two years.

Great point, Malta. It should be noted that the two connected for 52 catches and 706 yards, incl. 3 TD's together in '04.