CNSNews: CIA confirms waterboarding thwarted another 9/11

thanks for hitting the nail on the head.

By prosectuing those guilty of abusing our Constitution he is acting as the Chief Executive.

The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights which prohibits the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines or cruel and unusual punishments.

That only applies to criminals. these folks are considers foreign agents in a war zone (spies) and are not subject to either the genva Convention nor US Constitutional rights. they should have been field tried, found guilty, tortured for info and put to death by fire squad.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that?? You don't believe in the Constitution? I provided you what is the Eighth Amendment.

All you have conjecture and disdain for Obama.

Perhaps you can enlighten me on how foreign enemy combatants are entitled to the full protection of the US Constitution.

Would you like to be dumped into a pile with 6 or more naked men?

Would you like to have an attach dog barking and snapping inched from your appendage?

Probably not. But, then again, I wouldn't be walking into a cafe to blow up innocent people, either.

I could always use Craigslist if I was desperate for a date with 72 virgins.

Obama white house:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30335592/

i guess water boarding still doesn't work?

I wouldn't exactly call that hard evidence.

I could always use Craigslist if I was desperate for a date with 72 virgins.

:rolleyes:

That's the kind of innovative I like.

A far more serious issue is Obama contradicting Emanuel on the potential of monkey trials of Bush Admin officials.

Forget for a moment the advisers' role was to define new policy for people outside existing laws & jurisdictions - an equally "valid" counter-partisan claim could be made against Obama admin officials that they failed in their duties to protect Americans if there's another attack on US citizens by terrorists, since they weakened the defenses that had been set up over the past decade.

At some point Obama has to stop trying to please everybody and act like a Chief Executive.

I agree with this completely. Obama changed his mind on this, and let me be clear that I am not extending your thought for you, but for me; it serves as further proof that Obama is simply the ass-puppet on a four-fingered hand where the fingers are named Pelosi, Reid, Franks and Emmanual. They better make sure they get everything right in their own house when this is over because the precedent they're setting will, at the very least, make for interesting theater.

So much for taking the high road, huh?

So much for taking the intelligent road, huh? Naturally you have no answer to his point that our enemies are not going to change their behavior one iota based on how we treat their prisoners.

Out of curiosity, where do you stuff your principled Compassionate Christian Conservative values when these types of issues arise?

Ah yes, when you have no argument, run for the "Compassionate Christian" talking point! Always a winner with the loony left. :rolleyes:

Do we want to be like them? Beat people senseless until they talk?

If those people have committed their lives to the destruction of our nation and the murder of our citizens?

YES.

Sorry folks, but if someone is trying to figure out a way to kill me, I am more than happy to sign off on his "aggressive" interrogation.

At some point Obama has to stop trying to please everybody and act like a Chief Executive.

You mean flip flopping because the lunatic blogs and Diane Cuntstein weren't happy with his original statement on the issue? But isn't that a good thing? The MSM told me that he changed his position because he was "considering other viewpoints" :rolleyes:

Perhaps you can enlighten me on how foreign enemy combatants are entitled to the full protection of the US Constitution.

I heard we're also going to give them carbon credits.

So much for taking the intelligent road, huh? Naturally you have no answer to his point that our enemies are not going to change their behavior one iota based on how we treat their prisoners.

Ah yes, when you have no argument, run for the "Compassionate Christian" talking point! Always a winner with the loony left. :rolleyes:

If those people have committed their lives to the destruction of our nation and the murder of our citizens?

YES.

Sorry folks, but if someone is trying to figure out a way to kill me, I am more than happy to sign off on his "aggressive" interrogation.

You're not grasping this at all. We will now lead with our tactics, and the world will follow us. Because we're liked now. We stop torturing, and they'll stop making decapitation videos and stringing up people from bridges. We say we're stopping our nuclear program, and Iran and North Korea will follow suit. Now that everyone in Venezuela sees how the popular Obama is chummy-huggy-gift-swapping pals with Chavez, Venezuelans now realize that we're friends, and what is happening to them is perfectly okay.

Why is that so hard for you to grasp.

How long have we known about waterboarding and pissing on their korans, and nudity and dogs in their faces etc etc ?

Dick Cheney can shove his opinions up his ass.

Will you get more information after water boarding

10 times in 1 month

20 times in 1 month

50 times in 1 month

180 times in 1 month

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

and if not, so what. It doesn't really matter now since they have our full play book thanks to the MSM and Obama. This is the best recruitment tool possible for jihad when your enemies are not affraid of you.

So - our bad example in interrogation is what makes people hate us even more and makes us less safe.

Will someone remind me why they chose to crash the planes into US targets and not, say, Israeli? Could it have anything to do with the fact that Israel is ruthless enough to shoot them down in a moments notice regardless of whether innocents are on board?

Or why didn't they go after countries they hate even more, like the governments of Egypt or Saudi Arabia? Last time I checked, Egyptian jails were reported to be filled with tortured Islamic fundamentalists.

Does continued torture after 2 or 3 months really gain us the truth.

If you're going to break someone, they're going to tell you what you want to hear just to stop the punnishment.

Take them prosoners, "interrogate" them for a couple of weeks then execute them.

Dumped into as pile with 6 naked men?

ISnt that the average night at Barney Frank n' beans house?

:lol:

I understand this is a joke...and it's actually mildly amusing. But, I always wonder why it is people assume that being gay means being promiscuous.

I get a charge out of this "torture" issue. A facial enema that clears your sinus and at the end of the day you go back to your cell to your Koran and specially provided goat Head soup[as per your religious requirements] no worse for the experience. "Torture" is when you maim someone for life,and they know,not guess what is happening. That poster boy of the left Castro must be loving this. As far as constitutional issues should we give them the right to bear arms also? And yeah maybe there are some " I say will any thing you what" responses but does that make the good information worthless? Bottom line,there is no debate on effectiveness unless you think the last 8 years were just sheer good luck.

Bottom line,there is no debate on effectiveness unless you think the last 8 years were just sheer good luck.

The last 8 years still includes 9/11.

How about the 8 years prior? Were we torturing people then to prevent terrorist attacks on American soil?

Was the lack of anything horrible happening on 1/1/2000 proof that the Year 2000 bug was successfully diffused?

:lol:

I understand this is a joke...and it's actually mildly amusing. But, I always wonder why it is people assume that being gay means being promiscuous.

Because they are. Reason number one for the rapid spread of AIDS early on. I spent many years working with them in the restaurants and I heard all the stories. Think about it, straight men only have sex when their partner is in the mood, we're ALWAYS in the mood. Put two of those in the same relationship and you've got your basic Castro District shmear the queer dog pile.

That only applies to criminals. these folks are considers foreign agents in a war zone (spies) and are not subject to either the genva Convention nor US Constitutional rights. they should have been field tried, found guilty, tortured for info and put to death by fire squad.

Yep. Good thing this pres has actually read the Geneva Convention.