I Guess Ms. USA

I don't care what he said, I care that he's supposed to be an impartial judge who used a setup question to try and humiliate a contestant based on her political beliefs.

If you don't see anything wrong with that, I don't know what to say.

Sorry... I din't pay a great deal of attention here. I assumed Perez Hilton was a play on Paris Hilton ..

Either way who cares what Paris Hilton says or what Perez Hilton says to a beauty queen?

beauty queen #1 -- I would like to see peace and harmony in the world.

beauty queen #2 -- I would like to see peace and harmony in the world.

beauty queen #3 -- I would like to see peace and harmony in the world.

beauty queen #4 -- I would like to see peace and harmony in the world.

beauty queen #5 -- I would like to see peace and harmony in the world.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way who cares what Paris Hilton says or what Perez Hilton says to a beauty queen?

Perez Hilton cares. Which is why he asked the question. The funny part is that you think anyone who cares is either a "homophobe" or "closet gay," which will be news to Perez Hilton. In fact, .according to your logic, it'll be news to all people who have an opinion on gay marriage.

Perez Hilton cares. Which is why he asked the question. The funny part is that you think anyone who cares is either a "homophobe" or "closet gay," which will be news to Perez Hilton. In fact, .according to your logic, it'll be news to all people who have an opinion on gay marriage.

Exactly.

And a lot of people oppose it (gay marriage)... IMO, I it may be the majority of people oppose it if it was taken to a direct vote.

It's all a bunch of crap.

Why does he care what Ms America contestant thinks of gay people???

Quite often whan a Ms America contestant thinks on her own they usually say something stupid.

Whoever the hell this Peretz Hilton douche is, he just gave national media attention and celebrity status to the very cause he opposes because of a childish tantrum over nothing.

Uhhhh...given your undying allegiance to the left, you should probably know that Perez Hilton is a homosexual who believes gays should be allowed to marry. On the other hand, Obama is against gay marriage, so you may just be heeding your own advice to do as Obama says, and avoid questioning anything he does. Hard to tell with you.

Exactly.

And a lot of people oppose it (gay marriage)... IMO, I it may be the majority of people oppose it if it was taken to a direct vote.

And there is the problem.

gay marriage will do NOTHING to your life, there is NOTHING they will do to hurt you. So why should you care!!!

What's Obama have to do with this ?

Uhhhh...given your undying allegiance to the left, you should probably know that Perez Hilton is a homosexual who believes gays should be allowed to marry. On the other hand, Obama is against gay marriage, so you may just be heeding your own advice to do as Obama says, and avoid questioning anything he does. Hard to tell with you.

Indeed it is... Sometimes it's fun to argue from positions that one doesn't necessarily hold.

gay marriage will do NOTHING to your life, there is NOTHING they will do to hurt you. So why should you care!!! .

You should care if you're gay and not permitted to marry someone who is the same gender as you. And that would include Perez Hilton, an openly gay celebrity who, in all likelihood, had a chance to further his cause on a national stage until the answer he received wasn't the answer he wanted. On the other hand, it could have WELL been the answer Perez wanted precisely because of the debate it has stirred.

But just because you don't care doesn't mean the rest of the world shouldn't care.

I don't care what he said, I care that he's supposed to be an impartial judge who used a setup question to try and humiliate a contestant based on her political beliefs.

If you don't see anything wrong with that, I don't know what to say.

You CARE that Perez Hilton--a bitchy and petty reknowned gossip--wait let me start this statement again. You CARE(!) that he's supposed to be an impartial judge to the Miss USA contest?

I see NOTHING NOTHING NADA NIL NEGATIVE wrong with it, mostly because he was selected to do what he did for a show that couldn't matter even a little.

I am glad you have time to care about such things.

“Well I think it’s great that American’s are able to choose one or the other, umm we live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite-sex marriage and you know what, in my country and my family I think that I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman – no offense to anybody out there but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think that it should be between a man and a woman.”

Has anybody bothered to consider that Miss California lost the contest because she is another dumb piece of sh*t in the vein of Miss teen South Carolina? There's no sign of cogent thought in the quote above. Don't their coaches teach them any public speaking tips (or at the very least, how to avoid run-on sentences)?

Dude, brains are not a prerequisite. When is the last time a hippy granola chick with fleas from Cornell won Miss USA?

I would think that anyone with fleas is not very smart.

Hippies tend to see their bodies as ecosystems. Also, they do not like to waste time on washing when they could be chanting nor do they like to filter money into the hands of the big soap corporations.

gay marriage will do NOTHING to your life, there is NOTHING they will do to hurt you. So why should you care!!!

What's Obama have to do with this ?

Can you guarantee that? True maybe not me at my age.

I think it is unnatural and a morally depraved lifestyle (gay life)... And yes it will affect me... I don't want my young children seeing that the behavior is accepted or be exposed to the idea that it is accepted until they are old enough to be on their own... Again, I just don't want them exposed to it... And marriage acceptance is the first step to public acceptance of that lifestyle.

Call me what you want... Again, I can care less what they do... I will accept them in many other ways many conservatives (I am a liberal) won't... Just not this.

I think it is unnatural and a morally depraved lifestyle (gay life)... And yes it will affect me... I don't want my young children seeing that the behavior is accepted or be exposed to the idea that it is accepted until they are old enough to be on their own... Again, I just don't want them exposed to it... And marriage acceptance is the first step to public acceptance of that lifestyle.

Call me what you want... Again, I can care less what they do... I will accept them in many other ways many conservatives (I am a liberal) won't... Just not this.

Gay is "morally depraved?" How is it "morally depraved" to love someone of the same sex? What moral is compromised? Are you saying that love between opposite sex peoples is de facto moral? Jesus H.

And here's a newsflash about your kids (and mine): They won't be affected by it if gay people marry either. My daughter is (likely--who knows) straight and yet knows and has been exposed to many gay people. Somehow she didn't get "the gay" on her even though we have a gay couple as immediate next door neighbors and one of her friends has 2 moms, and she's had homosexual coaches and teachers.

Get over yourself already caveman.

Question (asked by openly gay Queen of Media mogule Perez Hilton):

“Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriages, do you think every state should follow suit – why or why not.”

Answer:

“Well I think it’s great that American’s are able to choose one or the other, umm we live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite-sex marriage and you know what, in my country and my family I think that I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman – no offense to anybody out there but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think that it should be between a man and a woman.”

http://www.thinkfashion.com/blogs/stylosit...ge-comment.aspx

Here's more info:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517215,00.html

I have no problem with gay marriage, but I don't think this should have eliminated her from winning the competition. It's also outrageous how the left is absolutely attacking her, including one of the judges! Hell, she was honest about her answer and the question was obviously planted by the judge:

Newsday had this:

"Hilton was clearly unhappy with her answer, and he let the world know about it on his Web site.

In a video blog that he posted just moments after the pageant ended, Hilton says that Prejean gave the worst answer in pageant history, that she was actually booed. He then goes on to say, "She lost, not because she doesn't believe in gay marriage. Miss California lost because she's a dumb --, OK?"

He said that Prejean could have answered that question in a more neutral way by perhaps acknowledging that same-sex marriage is a hot topic in this country and that each state should decide for itself how that issue should be handled."

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/ny-et...0,3248080.story

So let me get this straight, she should have lied and said what you wanted to hear and stand for?

What a joke.

She shouldn't be graded on her POV. That's personal and she should be able to express it during the pageant when asked. It's also stupid to believe that that one answer is why she lost. There are 49 other women competing and she wasn't guaranteed anything. It could have been a multitude of other reasons. She had a 1/50th chance of winning going in. The question is a bit bizarre. I think it kind of over steps the bounds of what the pageant is about. The pageant shouldn't be there to push political or religious agendas. JMO

Mexifornia?

Isn't that southern California?

I'd still hit it :devil:

What he said. :oops:

To me that's a ridiculous idea. You're pushing parental responsibility on society. The problem with this country right now is that everybody only wants their kids exposed to their morals and that's not how a free society operates. If you are against it tell your kids you are and why. Don't deny others their rights just because you don't like the lifestyle. I'm very offended by religious conservative values but they have a right to live their lives that way as long they don't physically harm anyone.

My friends who have kids and feel the way I do about religious conservatism talk to their kids about it when they're asked. It's that simple. JMO

Gay is "morally depraved?" How is it "morally depraved" to love someone of the same sex? What moral is compromised? Are you saying that love between opposite sex peoples is de facto moral? Jesus H.

And here's a newsflash about your kids (and mine): They won't be affected by it if gay people marry either. My daughter is (likely--who knows) straight and yet knows and has been exposed to many gay people. Somehow she didn't get "the gay" on her even though we have a gay couple as immediate next door neighbors and one of her friends has 2 moms, and she's had homosexual coaches and teachers.

Get over yourself already caveman.

No kidding.

Gee Eric, I'm sorry that your kids will have to see things in the world that are untoward. I'm sure seeing a couple of gay people is going to scar them far worse than being raised by your crazy ass.

You CARE that Perez Hilton--a bitchy and petty reknowned gossip--wait let me start this statement again. You CARE(!) that he's supposed to be an impartial judge to the Miss USA contest?

I see NOTHING NOTHING NADA NIL NEGATIVE wrong with it, mostly because he was selected to do what he did for a show that couldn't matter even a little.

I am glad you have time to care about such things.

That's because you've lost your mind. It makes apathy more understandable.